Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM (2072 Views)

See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM / Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Been To An ATM / Someone Paid Me With Fake 1000 Note. What Will I Do?? Pics!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by dedarkman(m): 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
I wanted to get some cash and I had to use a first bank ATM along my road,but I made a withdrawal of 10k and 4k and when the machine paid me for the 4k it added a fake note and I did not notice it not counted it cause I believe ATMs don't make mistakes. But to my surprise when I wanted to use the money the other day I noticed that one of the money was torn and I went to the bank to change it, as I changed it i then told the cashier that I had one too that was paid buy same ATM and that it looks like fake cause it's very dirty,she looked at it and told me it's fake.now the argument now started and I tried to make my point that it was the ATM that paid that cash to me and I still have all the cash as I had not spent anything from it,the response she gave me was that their ATM machine can't differentiate between a fake note and real note. I was then refered to the ATM personnel in charge or the ATM they said the same thing and when they saw I was no longer joking they had to change the money for me. Please once you get a cash from ATM make sure u count the money and also check if it added a fake money to the cashed you were paid.
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 13, 2015

Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
Aii
We would do that.
Definitely ATM can't detect fake notes...
It's up to the ATm custodian to sort out fake/mutilated notes before loading the machine. smiley

You're lucky it's 1k: if not...you can spit thunder like sango,they won't reimburse you.
Afterall, the instruction is Confirm your cash before leaving the point of withdrawal grin
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
Wc bank machines pay 4k, all the atm I have come across pays 500,1k,5k and so on
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by MissSlimbody(f): 5:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
4bobo:
Wc bank machines pay 4k, all the atm I have come across pays 500,1k,5k and so on

undecided

So ATM don't pay 4k
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
MissSlimbody:

undecided

So ATM don't pay 4k
Wouldn't know, that's what am asking, though am used to some particular atm machines. Or is it 5k missing, dunno
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by MissSlimbody(f): 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
4bobo:

Wouldn't know, that's what am asking, though am used to some particular atm machines. Or is it 5k missing, dunno
All ATM has d "OTHER" option.
Simply click on OTHER, and type the amount you want to withdraw. wink
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by temmyt20(m): 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
4bobo:

y atm no go pay 4k.....simply press 'other' then enter d amount u want to withdraw
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
MissSlimbody:
All ATM has d "OTHER" option.
Simply click on OTHER, and type the amount you want to withdraw. wink
Omg, I just learn something new. I will try it next time. I am Internet banking guy, not really atm. So I just used the card at my time. Thanks for the lecture. Blowing u a kiss!
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
temmyt20:
y atm no go pay 4k.....simply press 'other' then enter d amount u want to withdraw
Thanks. Just knew today.
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by MissSlimbody(f): 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
4bobo:

Omg, I just learn something new. I will try it next time. I am Internet banking guy, not really atm. So I just used the card at my time. Thanks for the lecture. Blowing u a kiss!

You're welcome smiley

But why do I have the feeling, that you know this already?
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Adeoba10(m): 9:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
D same tyn happened to me at umuahia. I went to skyebank headquarter at Owerri road, n i withdraw 7000, den i proceed to bank road to send 4000 to someone tru gtbank, d cashier has already stamped n signed d teller b4 he checked d note under mercury light, i was embarrassed, i told d guy dat i was not aware dat d note was fake dat i just withdrawn it from skyebank, d guy just looked at me as if i was lying, he den perforated d note n gave me back. I was asked to drop anoda 1k since my teller has bn stamped. #E dey pain me o, gagaun
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 14, 2015
MissSlimbody:

You're welcome smiley

But why do I have the feeling, that you know this already?
I AM NOT PULLING YOUR LEG, God knows that am not lieing. I dont do much of ATms, if not for the fact that Gtb forced me renew my card, i wont really have it. I used much of internet banking and cheque. So if i go to atm to transact, i just follow those cash numbers i see on the screen.Anyway no wahala.
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by MissSlimbody(f): 7:31am On Jan 14, 2015
4bobo:

I AM NOT PULLING YOUR LEG, God knows that am not lieing. I dont do much of ATms, if not for the fact that Gtb forced me renew my card, i wont really have it. I used much of internet banking and check. So if i go to atm to transact, i just follow those cash numbers i see on the screen.Anyway no wahala.

Its okay...Sorry 4 doubting you.

Morning, trust your night was beautiful? smiley
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 14, 2015
MissSlimbody:

Its okay...Sorry 4 doubting you.

Morning, trust your night was beautiful? smiley
lol, yes o, and yours
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 14, 2015
Access bank never refunded mine up till now. there ATM paid me 2k fake notes. I went to complain, and they made it look as if I was lying. I just have to leave the bank to avoid embarrassment.
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by MissSlimbody(f): 8:06am On Jan 14, 2015
4bobo:

lol, yes o, and yours
...Was cold but fine
Re: How A Nairalader Was Paid Fake 1000 Naira Note At An ATM by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 14, 2015
grin grin grin grin
MissSlimbody:

...Was cold but fine

(1) (Reply)

Import Rice And Sugar At The Best CIF Rates / Looking To Gain Weight But To No Avail??, This Is For You! / Victor Oscar Ziplock Resealable Standup Plastic Bags Company Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.