Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,746 members, 7,831,381 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

The America You Dont See On International TV - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The America You Dont See On International TV (975 Views)

I Dont See Myself As A Nigerian - Asari Dokubo / if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics / Nigerian Woman In the America Kills Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The America You Dont See On International TV by spectroscopic: 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2015
I got this from a friend's online post and thought I should share it.

''The epitome of life's irony. Pictures taken a few minutes back are of tents erected by homeless beggars, right in front of the World Bank (WB) on Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC. Temperature this morning is 1 degree Celsius, so it's freezing out there. To add salt to injury, the IMF is right beside the WB on same street. The White House is 3 blocks away on same street. My own office is right across the IMF on same street. Money from the WB and IMF so close to these beggars, yet so far away from their reach. There is more to America than is shown on TV. The streets of DC are littered with beggars, much the same way as streets in the "developing" countries''.

Bottomline: all that glitters is not gold.

1 Like

Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by midolian(m): 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
Far better than the nigeria we see on international TV

7 Likes

Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by midolian(m): 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
All we see in movies are sights of wall street and them tall buildings, smh..

1 Like

Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
if na naija now
some daft people go d curse president
as if d president asked them to erect the tents
somhow for us
Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
if na naija now
some daft people go d curse president
as if d president asked them to erect the tents
somhow for us
the earlier we learn to protect our image de better for us

1 Like

Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by slimfit1(m): 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
midolian:

Ahahaha i don't know what this guy intensions are with these pictures.

1 Like

Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by oduastates: 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
Do you realise that people hit hard times?
Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by moderatorr1: 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
damn
Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by Ramnon2: 1:56am On Jan 14, 2015
midolian:

But this is the same street that US presidents walk during their inauguration ceremony. Sad
Re: The America You Dont See On International TV by Nobody: 3:25am On Jan 14, 2015
Nigerians can lie so much. Abi CNN is not international TV again

Homeless in America
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-917812

Counting the homeless in America's poorest city
http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/12/pf/homeless-count/

America's homeless: The rise of
Tent City, USA
http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/16/pf/tent-city/

e.t.c

Abeg op..tell another lie.

(1) (Reply)

APC Presidential Rall In Lokoja, Kogi State Live On AIT / Buhari Pull Over / My View On President Johnathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.