Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? (3140 Views)

See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / I Was Asked To Refund My Late Husband Salary / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by popp(m): 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
Hello people! The year is still fresh,so I still have to say happy new year to you all. Please, would like to ask if its necessary for a woman to know how much her husband is paid as salary or how much he makes as profits should he is a business man. I'm looking forward to reading your reactions.
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
Happy New Year!

Yes, she should and he should know how much she earns, they are a family, they should not keep such things secret.
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by remsonik(f): 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
Yes she should know so you both can plan your finances within your income
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by zeb04(f): 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
No.
I think the house maid should be the one to know oga's business ventures.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by cococandy(f): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2015
It is important for both to know what each other makes. Helps live withing your means and financial planning gets easier

1 Like

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by stinggy(m): 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
No
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2015
stinggy:
No
Why? Pardon me...?
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by watchthisposter(m): 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
Unless you want to breed distrust in your marriage - YESSS!!

The downside is she would nag you over and over about what you use the money for. Like me ma angry grin
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by thegoodone2(m): 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
Yes
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
No. Noo.. None...
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
Yes, how do you plan if she is kept in the dark?
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
Yes,why not?
They need to plan together on how to manage their income
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
Salary earner - yes.

Business man and politicians ( husband as daddy's agemate) - No.
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by dein77(m): 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2015
My wife sees my payslip almost every month. She's my wife. I have nothing to hide.

Besides, that openness breeds more bond between us. It also limits what she can request from at a given point in time.

However, what works for one home may not work for another. Everybody should analyse their spouse and determine the most peaceful and appropriate style of management.

Seriously, a wife should know her husband's take home.

8 Likes

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Ewuro4: 9:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
No
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Ezibless: 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chillisauce:
Salary earner - yes.

Business man and politicians ( husband as daddy's agemate) - No.

Really?
#raisesEyeBrow.

BTW,i love your moniker,makes me hungry8-)
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by rosebase(f): 10:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
in a healthy relationship, yes

1 Like

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by shakazuldadon: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
Not only should she know..... she should be the one managing it... in that way u will have peace, trust and love.

Also she won't be asking you for money 247.... she will be spending which they love and you will be Observing like a boss and any one you don't approve she can't spend. its a greater position of power for the man self.
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by stinggy(m): 12:01am On Jan 14, 2015
chimkaire:
Why? Pardon me...?
I like making some surprise investments, which are just purely towards giving a better life to the family and nothing remotely related to infidelity. Having to explain this always spoils the fun, and nagging that may follow if I don't provide explanations is what I would like to avoid.

You understand right?

1 Like

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Pavore9: 2:48am On Jan 14, 2015
The couple should be aware of what each earns as they have become one and it helps in planning their finances. It also encourages accountability in the union. l am not comfortable with couples who shields their business dealings away from each other though they may think it is for the best interest but most times it backfires in cases of untimely death. Truth is no one is guaranteed tomorrow and we should be conscious of this at all times.

Many dependants have gone through unnecessary hardship because of the secrecy surrounding the finances of the deceased breadwinner. There are some who left behind bank accounts their spouse knew not of nor can they claim, so the bank holds on to it while dependants are left in a lurch!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 3:17am On Jan 14, 2015
stinggy:

I like making some surprise investments, which are just purely towards giving a better life to the family and nothing remotely related to infidelity. Having to explain this always spoils the fun, and nagging that may follow if I don't provide explanations is what I would like to avoid.

You understand right?

That is not a reason. You won't be accounting every dime you spend. Her knowledge is to help her to plan better and know when to ask for money for her Brazilian weave. tongue

I don't see anything wrong if
the kids also have a general idea of what you earn.There are times I could have asked my dad for some money when he had just gotten his salary but I wouldn't if it wasn't a priority because I knew what he must use the money for or what he had used the money for (if it fell within the month).
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 14, 2015
stinggy:

You understand right?
I don't want to.
Your salary is what she needs to know "how much you earn" not what you intend doing with it sad
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 5:28am On Jan 14, 2015
Pavore9:
The couple should be aware of what each earns as they have become one and it helps in planning their finances. It also encourages accountability in the union. l am not comfortable with couples who shields their business dealings away from each other though they may think it is for the best interest but most times it backfires in cases of untimely death. Truth is no one is guaranteed tomorrow and we should be conscious of this at all times.

Many dependants have gone through unnecessary hardship because of the secrecy surrounding the finances of the deceased breadwinner. There are some who left behind bank accounts their spouse knew not of nor can they claim, so the bank holds on to it while dependants are left in a lurch!

Bravo!

You said it and I agree without any reservation.
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 14, 2015
Is she not his wife? undecided Two body becomes one na!

1 Like

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Mintayo(m): 6:55am On Jan 14, 2015
Shuu, people still dey ask this question? Yes na, she should.
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 14, 2015
You can let her know, but make sure to sign a prenup first
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by octavian(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2015
dein77:
My wife sees my payslip almost every month. She's my wife. I have nothing to hide.

Besides, that openness breeds more bond between us. It also limits what she can request from at a given point in time.

However, what works for one home may not work for another. Everybody should analyse their spouse and determine the most peaceful and appropriate style of management.

Seriously, a wife should know her husband's take home.

Thank You... To Be honest, in order to have a fulfilling marriage just be open to her. She never will demand above your means
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by freecocoa(f): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2015
chimkaire:
Why? Pardon me...?
You clearly see his name and you are still asking why? grin.

@Topic, if his wife doesn't know how much he earns, why are they still married?

1 Like

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 15, 2015
No.. she shouldn't..

1 Like

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
A man should strive to make more money than his wife in particular and family at large can not be able to outspend on necessities . This way there will be no need for the woman to start nosing around to know her man's financial worth . And with this formula , constant peace will become a normal thing in the family . Wages is for living , while profit is for fortune . I hail all profit chasers around .

1 Like

Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by Dlionsheart: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
Do you noticed that all the ladies above me said YES and the men are either indifference or NO

Anyway, that's their cup of tea

But before I comment, let me ask - why are ladies too bent on knowing what their husband earns ?

does it have anything to do with distrust (infidelity) by ladies about their husbands??
Re: Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary? by egopersonified(f): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
If they are on d same page about their financial needs, it's ok to let d other party know . But where d other person is financially reckless, it's a no no.

(1) (Reply)

Female Swag: Check Out This Female Police Officer's Picture / See Another Deadly Disease Than HIV That Condom Can’t Protect You Against / Man Buried Girlfriend From Neck Downwards In A Hole He Made In His Yard [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.