Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order (733 Views)

Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order / Religious Groups, Leaders To Buhari: Nigerians Are Hungry / Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order by bilms(m): 9:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
Who Will Call Nigeria “Christian Leaders” to Order By Igho Hakeem Ohwojeheri

We read this morning that the prelate of Methodist Church, Samuel Uche, yesterday in the present of President Jonathan accused Fulani and Kanuri ethnic nationalities of being behind Boko Haram with the sole aim of seizing power and Islamising the country. I could not help but feel “wan kei” that a Bishop of such statute could have vomited such level of foolishness in the present of our President. Very tragic and unfortunate. Imagine that during Yar’Adua reign, that a top Muslim leader stood before Yar’Adua and claimed that Igbo and Ijaw ethnic groups where behind the Niger Delta insurgency in other to seize power and Christianise the country. Imagine the uproar and condemnation such comment would have elicited from Christian communities (home and abroad) and Muslims who would fall over themselves in condemning the President and the maker of such comment. Its a known fact that Boko Haram insurgency started when a Muslim/Fulani was in power. The Bishop obviously knew this, but like his pairs, he is a liar and a vile blackmailer. Another drunk, in a Delta State Anglican Communion, Venerable Felix Okonkwo,(Vicar-in-Charge of St. Phillips Anglican Church, Asaba) said, same yesterday, that APC is out to promote and propagate Islam, stressing that the party has nothing good for this country other than to kill and destroy. In other words, the Vicar meant that APC wants to promote Islam and that means they want to destroy and kill. But every last of these liars knows, as of fact, that APC is not Islamic in any way, and they are not out to kill and destroy. The most unfortunate thing was that the Vicar made the statement while hosting the Governor of Delta State and the PDP Governorship candidates, Ifeanyi Okowa. In gratitude, the said Governor then donated N10 million for the completion of one of the Church building project. Imagine again that a Muslim leader in Kano State accused PDP of being Christian party with the sole aim of killing and destroying. Then imagine that he said this while paying host to Kano State Governor and an APC Governorship candidate. Then again, imagine the Governor donating N10 million Naira for the Islamic leader project. Then don’t even try to imagine the uproar that would follow. Its evidence that what these crazy people are trying to do is to offend and anger Muslims among other things. Muslims, Fulanis and Kanuris have led this country before and never a time did they insult Christians and Christian majority ethnic groups as PDP and their army of “Bishops and Pastors for hire” has been doing. These Christian leaders could have just campaigned for their candidates and ask Christians to support and vote for Christian candidates, but they have to insult Muslims and Islam to make a point, because that is the only way to get their message across to their flocks whom they have been feeding with hate and bigotry since God knows when. As a Muslim, I cannot but caution my fellow Muslims not to allow idiots, who the curse of the Creator are upon, to offend them. This is not the first time they are attacking and verbally harassing Muslims and it won’t be the last, this is how they are. History is my witness. In 1966 they arrested, tortured and beheaded Muslim and Nigeria leaders along with some of their political allies under the allegation that the Muslim leaders intended to Islamise Nigeria. Then they ruled the country for the most part of the next 13-14 years in which they ensured that Christianisation of the country progressed without anybody complaining. When Shagari, Buhari, IBB and Abacha ruled, they did not Islamised the country. The only essence of Christianity to these blackmailers who parade themselves are religious leaders borders on influence and finance. Christ teachings of moderation, humility, kindness even to perceive enemies, love and honesty means nothing to them. It follows that anytime I listen or read the hate messages and blackmail emitting from some Christian leaders in Nigeria, I always asked a question that always go unanswered, who will call these people to order?

http://mrrightsng..com/2015/01/who-will-call-nigeria-christian-leaders.html

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order by espirito(m): 10:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
Good question my brother......... am a christian from southern Nigeria and I don't give a damn about tribe or religion, all that I crave for is responsible leadership. Long live Nigeria...
Re: Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order by bilms(m): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
their conduct is promoting hate,distrust,insecurity and division

1 Like

Re: Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Iss okay bro. They need popularity to fill their congregations and bashing Islam is currently in vogue. Don't worry, we muslims understand. We forgive them, for they know not what they do.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order by bilms(m): 10:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
must dey create hate,distrust and division before they get popular?
Re: Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 15, 2015
bilms:
must dey create hate,distrust and division before they get popular?

What else do they have to offer? There seems to be a general awakening that makes it difficult to play on people's gullibility through 'miracles and prophecies'. Look at the number of atheists and agnostics on NL alone. Even promising prosperity is beginning to pall; you can only postpone 'my year of abundant wealth' for so many years before doubts start coming. The internet is also revealing much of the scandals going on among them. They have to create an atmosphere of fear of the 'other' so as to maintain the herd's cohesion. Fortunately for them, deviant groups like BH play right into their hands, and they use the opportunity with all enthusiasm.
Re: Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order by bilms(m): 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
hum

(1) (Reply)

THE TRUE ORIGIN OF VALENTINE'S DAY AND DOES / #churchx ; #churchnext : Online Interactive Church / When Heaven Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.