Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President (1072 Views)

Buhari Only Made 3 Promises And Has Fulfilled Them: Femi Adesina / Buhari: Only Athletes Can Go To Rio Olympics / Ministerial List: Buhari Only Sent 21 Names, To Send Other Before Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by eyesofgod: 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
I stumble on this post by Dino Melaye and decided to share it with NLders.

Posted On 28 Oct 2014By : Web MasterComments: 2Tag: APC, Dino Melaye, Muhammadu Buhari, News

Honorable Member of the Federal house of Representative Dino Melaye wrote the following on his Facebook page to explain why a former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, could not afford the N27 million APC presidential form.

According to the post, Mr. Melaye said: “I read online the question a lady asked. The question is how can Buhari who earns over 300million naira yearly claim that he can not afford to pay 27million naira for the APC presidential form. I became interested and decided to investigate. I went to the ministry of Finance where I discovered that it is true that all former Presidents and Head of states actually get 23million naira monthly. But I found out that General Buhari actually wrote the minister of Finance to reject the 23million monthly pay. He said in his letter that he will only accept 10percent or that amount which is 2.3million and that is what he has been taking. This is just to clear the air. What a Nigerian! what class of integrity! God please make us men and women of integrity. Amin.”

Historically, leadership success has been associated with money and power. The more you have, the more successful you are. This is a false idea of success. How many people do you know that have money and power that are also happy, ethical, and purposeful.
www.forbes.com/../leadeship-succes

Weak Leaders Try to Use Money as a Motivator:
Decades of research and dozens of studies show again and again that while money can be a de-motivator, it is rarely a good motivator. Money always shows up as fourth or fifth on any list of motivational factors. Pay gets people to show up for work. But pay doesn’t get many to excel. More important is interesting, challenging, or meaningful work, recognition and appreciation, a sense of accomplishment, growth opportunities, and the like.
www.clemmergroup.com

The great Tanzanian President is remembered for living an austere life. When he handed over he didnt have a personal house.

The question then is should GMB be villified for living within his means or should be supported in his quest for leadership role?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by annibro(f): 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
FTC; dedicated 2u Buhari.

Wat a Character? I wish Nigerians will not loose dis opportunity of having dis Great man be deir President. Read wat Chiroma said;
ADAMU CIROMA ON BUHARI!

"To be honest you can not help but promote Buhari. I mean he cried a few years ago for Nigeria, now reverend Fathers are crying......Sincerely speaking, for a retired Soildier in the Nigerian Army, who has just one Wife, even though his religion allows him to marry more.
For an ex President who declares his assets publicly with no foreign account.
For an attractive Man who can boast of having no girlfriend or mistress, in a World where having extra marital affairs is the order of the day.
And during all these time the devil has not possessed any of his worshippers to blackmail him.
There must be something interesting about this person, and Nigerians want to learn such discipline from this Personality.
This is not a campaign, this is an intriguing mystery we want to be part of".
-By Alhaji Adamu Ciroma
Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by crownprince102: 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
What a man!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by edo3(m): 11:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
crownprince102:
What a man!
I dey tell u.
Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
God let your will be done...

FeBUHARI 14
#WithLoveFromAPC cheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by YoungExec: 11:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
Wow... If this is actually true, then I'm really impressed. But seriously, how can these guys be earning 23M per month in addition to all they looted while in office. The injustice to the poor masses!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by Code213: 12:08am On Jan 14, 2015
eyesofgod:

Posted On 28 Oct 2014By : Web MasterComments: 2Tag: APC, Dino Melaye, Muhammadu Buhari, News

Honorable Member of the Federal house of Representative Dino Melaye wrote the following on his Facebook page to explain why a former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, could not afford the N27 million APC presidential form.

According to the post, Mr. Melaye said: “I read online the question a lady asked. The question is how can Buhari who earns over 300million naira yearly claim that he can not afford to pay 27million naira for the APC presidential form. I became interested and decided to investigate. I went to the ministry of Finance where I discovered that it is true that all former Presidents and Head of states actually get 23million naira monthly. But I found out that General Buhari actually wrote the minister of Finance to reject the 23million monthly pay. He said in his letter that he will only accept 10percent or that amount which is 2.3million and that is what he has been taking. This is just to clear the air. What a Nigerian! what class of integrity! God please make us men and women of integrity. Amin.”

Historically, leadership success has been associated with money and power. The more you have, the more successful you are. This is a false idea of success. How many people do you know that have money and power that are also happy, ethical, and purposeful.

Decades of research and dozens of studies show again and again that while money can be a de-motivator, it is rarely a good motivator. Money always shows up as fourth or fifth on any list of motivational factors. Pay gets people to show up for work. But pay doesn’t get many to excel. More important is interesting, challenging, or meaningful work, recognition and appreciation, a sense of accomplishment, growth opportunities, and the like.
www.clemmergroup.com

The great Tanzanian President is remembered for living an austere life. When he handed over he didnt have a personal house.

The question then is should GMB be villified for living within his means or should be supported in his quest for leadership role?

What a man!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by Code213: 12:10am On Jan 14, 2015
annibro:
FTC; dedicated 2u Buhari.

Wat a Character? I wish Nigerians will not loose dis opportunity of having dis Great man be deir President. Read wat Chiroma said;
ADAMU CIROMA ON BUHARI!

"To be honest you can not help but promote Buhari. I mean he cried a few years ago for Nigeria, now reverend Fathers are crying......Sincerely speaking, for a retired Soildier in the Nigerian Army, who has just one Wife, even though his religion allows him to marry more.
For an ex President who declares his assets publicly with no foreign account.
For an attractive Man who can boast of having no girlfriend or mistress, in a World where having extra marital affairs is the order of the day.
And during all these time the devil has not possessed any of his worshippers to blackmail him.
There must be something interesting about this person, and Nigerians want to learn such discipline from this Personality.
This is not a campaign, this is an intriguing mystery we want to be part of".
-By Alhaji Adamu Ciroma

Quoting this for future reference!!!

#Buhari/Osinbajo all the way!
Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by iluvnaija: 12:23am On Jan 14, 2015
#whereisour$377m

Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by premiumICT(m): 12:25am On Jan 14, 2015
una don dey force me to talk abi?

No comments still....
Politically inactive.
Is this FP?
Just asking though
Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by eyesofgod: 12:33am On Jan 14, 2015
The word of God in the bible " by their fruit you shall know them" easily comes to mind.
Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 14, 2015
"Power does not corrupt men; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power."
- George Bernard Shaw

"Power attracts the corruptible. Absolute power attracts the absolutely corruptible."
- Frank Herbert

“Corruption is authority plus monopoly minus transparency.”
- Unknown

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche

“Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.”
- Lord Acton

"It has often been said that power corrupts. But it is perhaps equally important to realize that weakness, too, corrupts. Power corrupts the few, while weakness corrupts the many. Hatred, malice, rudeness, intolerance, and suspicion are the faults of weakness. The resentment of the weak does not spring from any injustice done to them but from their sense of inadequacy and impotence. We cannot win the weak by sharing our wealth with them. They feel our generosity as oppression."
- Eric Hoffer

"Money is truthful. If a man speaks of his honor, make him pay cash."
- Robert A. Heinlein

eyesofgod:

www.clemmergroup.com

Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 14, 2015
“I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

“A man who has never gone to school may steal a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad (Like GEJ).”
― Theodore Roosevelt

“To oppose corruption in government is the highest obligation of patriotism.”
― G. Edward Griffin
Re: Buhari Only Gets 10% Of His Salary As Past President by eyesofgod: 12:47am On Jan 14, 2015
The Triumph of Money in Politics - Dan Agbese
It is easy to see the general’s logic. A leadership recruitment process in which money and money alone is the deciding factor is deleterious to the health of the government of people by the people and for people. Money shuts in the rich and shuts out the poor from the leadership recruitment process. In simple arithmetical terms, this means that good and honest and competent people with permanently shallow pockets can never offer themselves for service to the people and the country. A perfect level playing field you can never find. But a democratic process that has room only for those who cannot count their money and none for those who have no money to count is actually a sham.

leadership.ng/columns/389570/triumph-money-politics

(1) (Reply)

The Beginning Of Ajumose Shuttles In Oyo State. / Buhari Can't Tackle B' Haram Except He's Their Commander -- Okupe / Whats Your Take ON This Picture:professor Yemi Osinbajo And Pastor Lazarus Muoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.