Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? (4338 Views)

Cartoon Using Autodesk / How To Turn Your Photo Into A Cartoon Using Your Android Device / Easiest Method In Turning Any Photo To A Cartoon Using Photoshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by JimloveTM(m): 11:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
Here is the clip below.. #CommerceExam 2D Cartoon. Short funny Movie about an Ibo sales boy named Obum, who went for a commerce exam at the expense of his sales duty. Watch this video! Let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-qV35O0TGM

2 Likes

Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 14, 2015
The boss voice should be more bold and and kinda shock the lil boy for being so dump.
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by theGuest: 7:50am On Jan 14, 2015
Adobe flash alone! Guy, you tried! shocked
But how much time cumulatively from start to finish? And what version of Adobe?
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by JimloveTM(m): 8:18am On Jan 14, 2015
theGuest:
Adobe flash alone! Guy, you tried! shocked
But how much time cumulatively from start to finish? And what version of Adobe?

I have bn using flash for a longer time now... 9Days, 3500 frames
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by JimloveTM(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2015
kolykoldy:
The boss voice should be more bold and and kinda shock the lil boy for being so dump.

Noted! Good enough for a first job
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by JimloveTM(m): 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mods, help push a fellow nairalander work to the front page... Not just Buhari n GEJ Stories.. grin grin
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by theGuest: 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
JimloveTM:

I have bn using flash for a longer time now... 9Days, 3500 frames

I doff my hat!
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by chommi(f): 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
JimloveTM:
Here is the clip below.. #CommerceExam 2D Cartoon. Short funny Movie about an Ibo sales boy named Obum, who went for a commerce exam at the expense of his sales duty. Watch this video! Let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-qV35O0TGM

this is good for a first timer. please, i want to know how we can make a career in nigeria with this skill. im trying to weigh my options on the course to study soon. thank you

1 Like

Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by Jerryg1: 11:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
How can i learn 2d
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by Jerryg1: 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2015
Pls if u can help me cal me 08169797331
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by LucemFerre: 10:12am On Feb 08, 2015
JimloveTM:

Emm... If you are serious about 2D animation. I wouldn't advice you to learn what ever software you used in creating "that." South park, area and cartoons like that are (I'm sorry to put it crudely) outdated, uninteresting and unimpressive pieces of sh!+s that no one with a vision in this century should ever look at twice (no offense to the hommies doing it). I wouldn't advice you to start with that. I would advice you to make 2D's like bleach, naruto, boondocks, simpsons etc. (being able to draw would be a great and almost inevitable advantage though) so that the famous and financial aspect of your series would be secured. Would any big company that wants to make an ad with animation use animations like area, south park and the like? No!

Trust me, dump that animation style.

Try learning softwares like Retas Pro, Animo or softwares that are as powerful.

And for your animation... It is boring, the voicing sound rehearsed and the tone of the voices did not sell out the expression for the scenes. Try to make it un-nigerianfilmkindofdialogue

I love seing young animators... Keep it up bruh
Good luck

1 Like

Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by JimloveTM(m): 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
LucemFerre:

Emm... If you are serious about 2D animation. I wouldn't advice you to learn what ever software you used in creating "that." South park, area and cartoons like that are (I'm sorry to put it crudely) outdated, uninteresting and unimpressive pieces of sh!+s that no one with a vision in this century should ever look at twice (no offense to the hommies doing it). I wouldn't advice you to start with that. I would advice you to make 2D's like bleach, naruto, boondocks, simpsons etc. (being able to draw would be a great and almost inevitable advantage though) so that the famous and financial aspect of your series would be secured. Would any big company that wants to make an ad with animation use animations like area, south park and the like? No!

Trust me, dump that animation style.

Try learning softwares like Retas Pro, Animo or softwares that are as powerful.

And for your animation... It is boring, the voicing sound rehearsed and the tone of the voices did not sell out the expression for the scenes. Try to make it un-nigerianfilmkindofdialogue

I love seing young animators... Keep it up bruh
Good luck

I just checked out the softwares you are recommending... They are manga style cartoon styles example Naruto etc.....commonly associated with mostly asians.. I see where your love and heart is.. The fact that you love that style simply doesn't mean you should impose it. Personally i think Area cartoons are naija style and cool except that they bounce and don't walk. The south park cartoon you condemned would pass a million times on CN and Nick Media. Naija got heir style. Try an embrace that. By the way, GTB has used Area for a top big commercial. Finally, can you give me a link to your cartoon works, I would love to watch and learn. You seem to know much about the industry.. Cheers!
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by LucemFerre: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
JimloveTM:

I just checked out the softwares you are recommending... They are manga style cartoon styles example Naruto etc.....commonly associated with mostly asians.. I see where your love and heart is.. The fact that you love that style simply doesn't mean you should impose it. Personally i think Area cartoons are naija style and cool except that they bounce and don't walk. The south park cartoon you condemned would pass a million times on CN and Nick Media. Naija got heir style. Try an embrace that. By the way, GTB has used Area for a top big commercial. Finally, can you give me a link to your cartoon works, I would love to watch and learn. You seem to know much about the industry.. Cheers!

Err... You thought I was imposing my point of views on you? Uh oh... I'm sorry you saw it that way. I'm allergic to limits. Well, we might be animating for totally different reasons. And emm... I don't do cartoons I do 3D animations and I use Maya (but I don't have any publicized reel) if you look it up you might understand why I said south park is a boring piece of sh!+. It takes a little more than a stretch from 2D animations to impress 3D animators and it is almost impossible to pull that stretch with south park or area kinda art. That stretch my friend makes you stand out and gives you edges over your competitors

And emmm... Boondocks, family guy, simpsons ain't asian, are they? Anyways, I can see that you have already made up your mind about what you wanna do. So, do what you gotta do homms... Give it all you got, that's all it takes. Sometimes it's not about the art, it's about who does it. Wish you all da best (no sarcasm intended and I'm sorry if it still sounds like imposing... It's not)

Out!
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by Trekers: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sorry to object that one bro! He can use the same software for south park. i noticed two things in animation. Story and Sound......! South park is popular cos of the story and not really the drawing or software used...! Although all added really matters a lot. Keep it up bro! One can use something and make a difference no matter what software u use....!
Re: My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? by reidkrugger(m): 6:01am On Dec 07, 2015
On this one, i'ld go wi "lucem". Truth be told, dude killed it wi every letter he typed making massive sense. Except for d software part, cuz i dont know of em 2d softwares. And as for d voicing, dat too is not easy to deliver and not directly an animator problem. Warner bros aint giving anyone money to do justice league like dat and how will superman even fly? And as for d guy sayin its african style "oh its u d op again", i disagree and strongly too even tho it tells d story. U tink d area boys havnt tot of creatin somethin like dat n pushin it? U tink they dont know wat will happen at d box office even if in its own case its cheap? Do u think they dont hope to create disney style cartoons someday but r stuck wi that for now?
If u stick wi this lucem's advice, u cld b on ur way to becomin d nxt jeff lew. Stick to yours and "eleyi gidi gan" becomes your limit. Be wise.

(1) (Reply)

Attend A 5 Day Training On Camera & Editing Pro / Check Out My New 3D Works On My Behance Portfolio / Get your dope cartoon @affordable prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.