Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,715 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns (773 Views)

You Lack Depth On Your Job – Metuh Slams Adesina / PICTURES DON’T LIE: Buhari Rides In Jonathan’s Train For His Campaigns / Buhari's Speeches At Owerri Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by perculiarperson: 12:26am On Jan 14, 2015
Have you heard Buhari make any promises on what he shall do when he gets into power during these campaigns? I have been following closely hoping to hear of some basic promises that can be made to make the lives of the teeming populace better and he hasn't said anything.

Instead he keeps asking for us not to vote in fidifi (PDP) and to vote him instead. To what betterment of the people is he requesting for our votes?

At the rally in Port Harcourt he made mention of the fact that he would improve on the economy and by so doing would fight corruption... Nigeria is not an island. There is a global economy that dictates the state of different economies world over.

The current happenings in our nation's economy is a ripple effect from what is happening globally. Read about the economies of similar nations like ours such as Greece, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico etc. You see that in these developing nations, their economies are hard hit by the occurrences in the global space. So how can you end corruption through the revival of the economy And how do you revive the economy in isolation of the global situation?

Nigerians though have seen negligible affirmative change under the current government which some Nigerians have benefited from at the grassroot such as the farmers as well as sole traders/entrepreneurs.

Nigerians should I say are a bit desperate and because of this, we are ready to jump into any form of bandwagon not caring even if it is 'one chance' where the gang in operation are ritualists and we might not make it back alive!

I would like to suggest that we step back from all the excitement, incitements and think for a minute, and ask questions on how we would be better off...

The publicity and perception projected of Buhari has been done in such a way that they want us to see only Buhari; forgetting that the people promoting him and the party on which he is running are full of rogues, rapists, corrupt and depraved men who have contributed their fair share to the problems of this country. Some jumping ship and cross carpeting as if it was their day job...

Buhari hangs around and dines with proven culprits of all types and then they say he is 'credible with integrity'. How can he condone or tolerate these sort of blatant grievous men and still say he is credible Selah! As the saying goes, show me your friends and I will tell you who you are... Another saying goes birds of the same feather, na the same mama born dem...!!!

What happened to Tai Solarin and Wole Soyinka when they took public offices and the people under them were corrupt and depraved? They resigned in order to preserve their precious names instead of permitting their names to be dragged in the mud.

So why would Buhari join himself with thieves and day-time robbers who steal with pen and paper and still want us to believe he is 'credible'?

In retrospect, his quest for power shows that he is desperate. Desperate to do what Cause a man with a worthy cause and good intentions will wait for the right opportunity.

Nigerians, let's not be hasty to climb a slippery slope that we do not know how deep it goes...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 14, 2015
Can he even say one correct sentence if not in Hausa
It will be preposterous to have this man speak on my behalf on the world stage
It will be embarrassing to have him as my president
In a country of 160 million,we will have a 73 year old non-credentialed , semi literate polygamist who can't express himself properly
We should be better than that
This is 2015 not 1914

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 14, 2015
Buhari's fans are not the satisfactory type. I hope they won't regret it after worshiping him like this cos to me I see him rearing cattles for 'bloodshed '.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 14, 2015
In retrospect, his quest for power shows that he is desperate. Desperate to do what Cause a man with a worthy cause and good intentions will wait for the right opportunity.

After each defeat he vows never to return but he changes party and returns only to be disgraced again
If he was that good,he should have won but he isn't
He will fail again and incite violence
This is his last chance anyway
By the next elections ,he will be 76 or 77 according to football age
The world is presenting agile men in their 40s and Nigeria is fielding a pensioner shocked shocked shocked
Chukwu aju
Oburu ogwu Oma nle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by aresa: 12:48am On Jan 14, 2015
Another hate, bigotry and consolation thread...

First na boko haram, then sharia, then certificate, now na speach.....

Fubd beta marker because this one no go prevent Nigerians from sending the otuoko dullard bak to the creeks.

una neva jamm grin

Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by Safari29: 12:57am On Jan 14, 2015
op as it stands now. anyone but GEJ. We
can't cope till the whole country is wiped out.
We can't endure another 4 years of GEJ
incompetency. op again "anyone but GEJ" =
GMB> kwankwanso> amechi> rochas>
akpabio> ... > babasuwe> iyabasira> danfo
drivee>truckpusher> my dog bingo> GEJ
Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by Truckpusher(m): 1:02am On Jan 14, 2015
Safari29:
op as it stands now. anyone but GEJ. We
can't cope till the whole country is wiped out.
We can't endure another 4 years of GEJ
incompetency. op again "anyone but GEJ" =
GMB> kwankwanso> amechi> rochas>
akpabio> ... > babasuwe> iyabasira> danfo
drivee>truckpusher> my dog bingo> GEJ
Hey !You there ....stop spamming my mentions with your delusions please.You're becoming irritating.
Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by HzRF(m): 1:13am On Jan 14, 2015
He just a tool
Published, hyped by Tinubu E-goons
They need someone to fetch North votes
And with we must rule ideology
He's the perfect tool.. Just when u wan eat a times fork is the right tool..
That's why he's the one flagging their desperate banner

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:39am On Jan 14, 2015
Lets see how fit and 'speechy' you will be when you are 72years old. We dont need a lying demagogue now, all we need is a good leader who can hold his lieutenants accountable and stem the rising tide of corruption/theft that is about to destroy this country.
Sai Buhari!!!
Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 14, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
Lets see how fit and 'speechy' you will be when you are 72years old. We dont need a lying demagogue now, all we need is a good leader who can hold his lieutenants accountable and stem the rising tide of corruption/theft that is about to destroy this country.
Sai Buhari!!!

Hold who accountable when idiagbon is in the grave
53 suitcases nko

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by perculiarperson: 1:57am On Jan 14, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
Sai Buhari!!!

Do we want someone who can not give us good representation a midst his counterparts Do we want someone who we can not hear or understand just because we seek for change I really wonder how we Nigerians think. Didn't we also complain about the representation by the current president?

Maybe it would be best in your opinion if Mugabe came to rule us...

Checkout the corruption index; Pakistan ranks worse than Nigeria but their country is not destroyed... There is no country in the world no matter how 'corrupt' the government is that can collapse on the basis of 'corruption'. Check through history. Let's do some research...

With all the previous military administrations' corrupt practices and that of previous governments of which we know both at the local, state and federal levels, how come Nigeria has not been destroyed.

Its is more of hype than reality. They are saying what you want to hear; 'we will tackle corruption'... Have they explained to you how they would exactly?

All I'm asking is for us to put on our thinking caps as intelligent Nigerians...

For they say 'all that glitters is not gold'...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speeches Are Bland And Lack Depth From His Campaigns by Ramnon2: 2:00am On Jan 14, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
Sai Buhari!!!

Then what do you want trying to lead a country like Nigeria at 72 years?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gej Resumed Office In 2010 Not 2009 / Fayose Predicts Buhari's Death / Age Has Nothing To Do With It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.