Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

How To Write Rap Lyrics And Improve Your Rap Skills - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / How To Write Rap Lyrics And Improve Your Rap Skills (1862 Views)

Awesome Rap Lyrics / Trapped In Sin - Critique Lyrics And Song / Mzee Leslie Says M.I Influences Him With His Rap Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Write Rap Lyrics And Improve Your Rap Skills by enifex(m): 1:45am On Jan 14, 2015
How to Master Multis

“The hardest thing for me to do, as far as writing a rhyme, is figuring out how it’s going to go. Once I get in my mind that it’s going to go “da da da dadada da da,” then it’s kind of like filling in the blanks. I take the typical words, or I pick a two-word, three-word pattern. One of the things I’m known for is I was one of the first rappers to end their bars rhyming multisyllabically.”
- Bun B

Learn How to Rap

Multi-Syllable Rhymes

Once a rare treat, multis are now being used in hip-hop more and more frequently as lyricists constantly try to outdo each other. Multis aren’t necessarily harder to write than normal rhymes. They just take extra effort. You’ll find that the effort is well worth it. Spit multis, and get your vitamin C.

What are multis?

Multi is short for “multi-syllable rhyme.” Multis are phrases in which more than one syllable rhymes. Multis can be double, triple, quadruple (etc…) rhymes.

Normal rhyme: cat / hat
Multi rhyme: my cat / hi-hat
Or a longer multi: bit my cat / hit the hi-hat

Southern rapper Ludacris loves featuring multis in his verses. His trademark delivery (in which he slows down and emphasizes the rhyming words above all others) works well when he slips in clever multis. Check out any Ludacris song for quality multis, or check out the lines below, which he spit during a freestyle while performing at Yale University.

My life savings, I made it in shows,
Then lost it on my way to Yale, ‘cause I paid it in tolls

What’s the difference between multis and in-rhymes?

In-rhymes:
The fact is I kick phat raps, so know that FOR MORE TIPS VISIT HERE http://nairaland.com/how-to-write-rap-lyrics-and-improve-your-rap-skills/
Re: How To Write Rap Lyrics And Improve Your Rap Skills by braine(m): 2:33am On Jan 14, 2015
Nice.

(1) (Reply)

**++** 2015 Audio Tourney Sign Up Thread **++** / Baudex Arrested ‎​ƒσя Women Trafficking- Nigeria Police / Murphysmallz Vs MISTASWAG... Bloody Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.