Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,964 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:55 PM

Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! (1505 Views)

"If You Want To Win Any Election, Pay FFK Not To Support You" - Jimoh Ibrahim / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by SavageGarden(m): 5:28am On Jan 14, 2015
The desperate battle to secure former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s support for President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid may have collapsed, The Nation learnt yesterday.

Dr. Jonathan and Chief Obasanjo met for about one hour on Monday night at the former president’s Abeokuta home. The President requested for Obasanjo’s support.

“It’s too late; I’m sorry,” Obasanjo reportedly told Jonathan.

A source close to the meeting told our reporter on condition of anonymity because he is not allowed to speak to the media.

At the meeting were two Christian leaders – Pastor Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) and Bishop David Oyedepo of the Winners’ Chapel – who attended at Obasanjo’s request.

None of those at the meeting spoke about it, but it was learnt that it was brief because Obasanjo insisted that for him, it was too late to back Jonathan.

The former president has been a virulent critic of the Jonathan administration, which he accused of embracing corruption and burgling the anti-insurgency battle.

Jonathan replied, slamming some “elder statesman who talk like motor park touts”. He, however, did not mention Obasanjo.

Also yesterday, Obasanjo advised the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, to recruit “men and women of character” – if the party wins the February 14 election.

Obasanjo said such abound in all political parties and also in every part of the country, adding that they make things better for a government, the country and the citizenry.

According to the former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Board of Trustees (BoT), the advice applies to other political parties.

Obasanjo spoke also on the report of the probe panel on the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), for the period Gen. Buhari was the chairman, saying the “report was not of any material importance”, as he was convinced that Gen. Buhari made no personal gains while his tenure lasted.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/obasanjo-jonathan-late-support/
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by naturally: 5:43am On Jan 14, 2015
Baba Iyabo is an open ma

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by Vicotex(m): 5:50am On Jan 14, 2015
Obj or no obj, i'll still vote Gej.

Gej can do fine w/o obj

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 14, 2015
baba has humiliated Jonah again grin grin every one is rejecting him even his kins men in otuoke

OBJ's body wouldn't let him pull out of PDP but his soul is with buhari and team change

RIP JEG

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by Greyworld: 5:57am On Jan 14, 2015
Nigeria! So Obj wanna perform 1 of his trade mark moves again but dis tym in favour of his kins man............ Brinin in a "semi past finished" abok!, he dies n d vice becomes d..........

Obasanjo
Osibanjo

Imagine d correlation n nomenclature

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by 9Ace: 6:02am On Jan 14, 2015
GEJ' s band of pick-pocket advisers have successfully transformed him into a leper such that nobody is prepared to touch him with a 10-meter pole. Sorry, man, you can't have the support of the association of "motor park touts" you just have to walk alone this time.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by alienvirus: 6:05am On Jan 14, 2015
Not again. Why is everything turning against Jonah these days?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by HACKPASTOR(m): 6:19am On Jan 14, 2015
hmmmm the great battle are just begin.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by yuio33: 6:22am On Jan 14, 2015
sad
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by Burger01(m): 6:26am On Jan 14, 2015
alienvirus:
Not again. Why is everything turning against Jonah these days?
Jonathan is a disappointment and a curse to this country.

We need to repair our country. We must strive for change, We must vote wisely. Vote for government of integrity and not for government of corruption and psychopaths,.

We need Change and we are getting that 'change' with our votes come Febuhari 14th 2015...

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by starlingbawa(m): 6:27am On Jan 14, 2015
Obasanjo should go and rest somewhere. Acting like he's a saint.

Deliberating snubbing GEJ. I wonder what influence he can even wield!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by alerabson(m): 6:35am On Jan 14, 2015
RIP GEJ

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by nerodenero: 6:36am On Jan 14, 2015
Lesson to be learnt:
Never outshine your master.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by mistabiola: 6:37am On Jan 14, 2015
Obj is the political gladiator of Nigeria. Obj is a brave man cheesy grin
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by makzeze: 6:37am On Jan 14, 2015
Jonathan on his way home. Otuoke straight come May 2015.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by wallex1983(m): 6:40am On Jan 14, 2015
I honestly feel emotional for Jonathan. Despite the insults OBJ has melted out to his person, he still bows 2him for support. But GEJ caused this really. He allowed things 2 degenerate btw him and this old man before he suddenly realised the pivotal role the Egba man has played in his life. I think for GEJ, life has 2move on. He has 2 forge ahead with or without Baba. He has to be a MAN now. Though my vote may not be for him, but I wish he had been more careful 2avoid this situation. Buhari may not win o. But my vote still goes for him 2day. I don't know of Febuhari 14th sha

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by ajoskele(m): 6:41am On Jan 14, 2015
starlingbawa:
Obasanjo should go and rest somewhere. Acting like he's a saint.

Deliberating snubbing GEJ. I wonder what influence he can even wield!
OBJ might not be able to win his ward, even his unit. Wielding influence should be the last thing you would say. GEJ knows this, reason he is ready to kneel and beg baba.
Oftentimes, I do think GEJ uses cheap drugs. I can just imagine someone going back to his vomit!! Na those Abuja politicians go kill am. His latest recruit has his house burning in Ondo state now and yet he hasn't woken up.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by starlingbawa(m): 6:53am On Jan 14, 2015
ajoskele:
OBJ might not be able to win his ward, even his unit. Wielding influence should be the last thing you would say. GEJ knows this, reason he is ready to kneel and beg baba.
Oftentimes, I do think GEJ uses cheap drugs. I can just imagine someone going back to his vomit!! Na those Abuja politicians go kill am. His latest recruit has his house burning in Ondo state now and yet he hasn't woken up.

Yeah... Good point!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by chibwike(m): 7:04am On Jan 14, 2015
shiit just got real
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by Swizdoe(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2015
Vicotex:
Obj or no obj, i'll still vote Gej.

Gej can do fine w/o obj
Cry cry baby.........
Day before yesterday when gej visited him, he was useful ........... today he is useless again
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You! by jdilight(m): 8:23am On Jan 14, 2015
SavageGarden:

The desperate battle to secure former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s support for President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid may have collapsed, The Nation learnt yesterday.

Dr. Jonathan and Chief Obasanjo met for about one hour on Monday night at the former president’s Abeokuta home. The President requested for Obasanjo’s support.

“It’s too late; I’m sorry,” Obasanjo reportedly told Jonathan.

A source close to the meeting told our reporter on condition of anonymity because he is not allowed to speak to the media.

At the meeting were two Christian leaders – Pastor Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) and Bishop David Oyedepo of the Winners’ Chapel – who attended at Obasanjo’s request.

None of those at the meeting spoke about it, but it was learnt that it was brief because Obasanjo insisted that for him, it was too late to back Jonathan.

The former president has been a virulent critic of the Jonathan administration, which he accused of embracing corruption and burgling the anti-insurgency battle.

Jonathan replied, slamming some “elder statesman who talk like motor park touts”. He, however, did not mention Obasanjo.

Also yesterday, Obasanjo advised the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, to recruit “men and women of character” – if the party wins the February 14 election.

Obasanjo said such abound in all political parties and also in every part of the country, adding that they make things better for a government, the country and the citizenry.

According to the former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Board of Trustees (BoT), the advice applies to other political parties.

Obasanjo spoke also on the report of the probe panel on the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), for the period Gen. Buhari was the chairman, saying the “report was not of any material importance”, as he was convinced that Gen. Buhari made no personal gains while his tenure lasted.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/obasanjo-jonathan-late-support/

This is time support GEJ because he has no godfather again not man to fear or favour unlike his opponents.

(1) (Reply)

GMB The APC President Maybe Be Sick / Moment Of Truth: President Obama & Opposition(apc) On Gej. / Pics: Buhari Arrives Benin For APC Presidential Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.