Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Hadiths - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadiths (2548 Views)

Islam And Terrorism, The Qur'an, And The Hadiths. / 10 Hadiths About Hajj / Laughable Hadiths: When Muhammad Became A Comedian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hadiths by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 14, 2015
Al-Bara' bin `Azib (May Allah be pleased with them)
reported:
Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ) has ordered us to visit the
sick, to follow the funeral (of a dead believer),
respond to the sneezer (i.e., by saying to him:
Yarhamuk-Allah after he says: Al-hamdu lillah), to
help those who vow to fulfill it, to help the
oppressed, to accept the invitation extended by the
inviter; and to promote greetings (i.e., saying As-
Salamu `Alaikum).
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim] .

1 Like

Re: Hadiths by usermane(m): 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
In line with the above Hadith, i wonder if you can explain the following Hadith;

‘Abdullah Ibn ‘Amr Ibn AI- As said, “Do not visit the drunkard when being ill.”
(Al-Hakim in Al- Mustadrak and attributed by Al-Suyuti to AtTabarani in Jami’ Al-Ahadith)

Al-Bukhari and Ibn ‘Umar said, “Do not greet the drunkard.” The Prophet said, “Do not sit with the drunkard, visit their sick or attend their funerals.
Re: Hadiths by kazlaw2000: 6:55am On Jan 15, 2015
usermane:
In line with the above Hadith, i wonder if you can explain the following Hadith;

Then, you would just take the case of the drunkard as an exception to the rule. Thats just common sense. What you pointed out, by all standards would not necessarily count as a contradiction.

nb:
I align with some of your views sometimes. Infact I have some of your posts saved for personal references but I dont share the absolute view that all Hadiiths are bad. Though some Ahadiths have been used and are still been used to cause problems here and there but thats not to say we should discard others. Ahadiths are invaluable source of information for the interpretation of the Quran itself, the compilation of Fiqh rules and Islamic history.
Re: Hadiths by Empiree: 5:37am On Jan 16, 2015
The thing is, usermane loves holding solitary hadith as a tool to smack Muslims (literally). And yes, I reason with him sometimes[size=5pt] (on political undertones not basic tenets)[/size] but he doesnt want to reason with me at all. That's why i dont publicly endorse his reasonable analysis. Doing that, he would make 90 degrees u-turn against me.

Someone, i think tbaba1234 already dealt with him on the hadith he quoted up there on another thread. This is a solitary hadith he quoted. I have told him severally about system of meaning. In the case of this hadith, the case of the drunkard would be an exception to the rule indeed

Even in salat, it's said that if you standing next to someone and you smell beer (for instance) coming from your neighbor during salat, you are to move away from him(or her).That's how serious and sinful drunkard can be. Usermane loves cheap shots. Thats his problem.
Re: Hadiths by tbaba1234: 6:28am On Jan 16, 2015
Empiree:
The thing is, usermane loves holding solitary hadith as a tool to smack Muslims (literally). And yes, I reason with him sometimes[size=5pt] (on political undertones not basic tenets)[/size] but he doesnt want to reason with me at all. That's why i dont publicly endorse his reasonable analysis. Doing that, he would make 90 degrees u-turn against me.

Someone, i think tbaba1234 already dealt with him on the hadith he quoted up there on another thread. This is a solitary hadith he quoted. I have told him severally about system of meaning. In the case of this hadith, the case of the drunkard would be an exception to the rule indeed

Even in salat, it's said that if you standing next to someone and you smell beer (for instance) coming from your neighbor during salat, you are to move away from him(or her).That's how serious and sinful drunkard can be. Usermane loves cheap shots. Thats his problem.

By now, we know that he does not listen or comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Hadiths by usermane(m): 8:34am On Jan 17, 2015
The thing is, a sick man is a sick man whether he drinks or not. When you barr someone from visiting a sick drinker, you are actually depriving a sick man visit and affection.

Also imagine visiting the sick in the hospital, you attend to one sick man and forget another sick man because he drinks, is it ethical?

Imagine a neighbor who drinks learnt you are fatally ill and paid you a kind visit, the weeks later, your neighbor fall sick and instead you deliberately refused to visit him. Is it ethical?
Re: Hadiths by Empiree: 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
usermane:
The thing is, a sick man is a sick man whether he drinks or not. When you barr someone from visiting a sick drinker, you are actually depriving a sick man visit and affection.

Also imagine visiting the sick in the hospital, you attend to one sick man and forget another sick man because he drinks, is it ethical?

Imagine a neighbor who drinks learnt you are fatally ill and paid you a kind visit, the weeks later, your neighbor fall sick and instead you deliberately refused to visit him. Is it ethical?
^ I know you trying very hard to rationalize your opinion on this. But the context here is DRUNKARD

According to google definition, DRUNKARD: a person who is habitually drunk.

Urban Dictionary: A drunken person who acts like a re.tard. A drunken re.tard.

Merriam Wesbter: a person who is drunk or who often gets drunk

Now, take a look a how drunkards look. Do they have time to visit you in your sick bed? grin
I can go on and on with you in cycle. @ bold, a drunkard just cant in that state pay you visit in you sick bed while he's exactly as pictured below?. You kidding.

Re: Hadiths by usermane(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
kazlaw2000:

Then, you would just take the case of the drunkard as an exception to the rule. Thats just common sense. What you pointed out, by all standards would not necessarily count as a contradiction.

Alright, do you remember those beautiful Hadith that enjoins loving your neighbors, treating people kindly, being cheerful with one another?

Here is an exception to the rules of those Hadith;

Sahih Muslim 26:5389

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.

I can give you more examples. Too much exceptions undermines a rule or principle, creating an atmosphere of hypocrisy and deceit.

nb:
I align with some of your views sometimes. Infact I have some of your posts saved for personal references but I dont share the absolute view that all Hadiiths are bad. Though some Ahadiths have been used and are still been used to cause problems here and there but thats not to say we should discard others. Ahadiths are invaluable source of information for the interpretation of the Quran itself, the compilation of Fiqh rules and Islamic history.

See, i don't have a problem with Hadith as a literature. I have a problem with reverence of Hadith as divine words of Muhammad or source of Islamic teachings. I have never said that Hadith copies should be burnt or banned. My position has always being that from a Qur'anic, historical and even Hadith perspective, Hadith Books have no authority in Islam.

As we don't need a single coliform bacteria in our food because our alimentary canal have enough for digestion, however beautiful the message of an hadith is, we don't need it because the Qur'an already carries the same or better message. That is why the Qur'an describes itself the best Hadith(Quran 39:23). It is the only authentic Hadith we have.
Re: Hadiths by usermane(m): 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
Empiree:
^ I know you trying very hard to rationalize your opinion on this. But the context here is DRUNKARD

According to google definition, DRUNKARD: a person who is habitually drunk.

Urban Dictionary: A drunken person who acts like a re.tard. A drunken re.tard.

Merriam Wesbter: a person who is drunk or who often gets drunk

Now, take a look a how drunkards look. Do they have time to visit you in your sick bed? grin
I can go on and on with you in cycle. @ bold, a drunkard just cant in that state pay you visit in you sick bed while he's exactly as pictured below?. You kidding.

The hadith say 'drinkers of khamr', not necessarily drunkards. There is difference. That has to be noted.
Re: Hadiths by Empiree: 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
usermane:

The hadith say 'drinkers of khamr', not necessarily drunkards. There is difference. That has to be noted.
Khamr or not, I dont differentiate between liquor, corona, beer, alcohol etc. They all can get you intoxicated.

Now, let me leave aside what other muslims might think of this hadith. First, I already assumed that khamr is intoxicant. Therefore, hadith is pretty much saying what Quran 4:43 is saying. By not visiting them when they sick only implies that it's talking about in their state of drunkeness NOT when they know what they are doing even if they are known drunkard. That will be in conflict with Quran. The exact hadith may have its own historical context.

There is nothing like Halal beer, Halal liquor etc. Khamr, in my opinion is just euphemism for (liquor, beer, alcohol, you name it). Now, concerning ignoring them while visiting other patients is unethical as you put it, question is why are they in the hospital in the first place....just for being drunk?. Hell, no. But if they are drunk and hurt themselves(open wound), nurse may threat the wound without even talking to them in his state of retardness (if it's life threatening wound).

Whats the point of visiting a drinker of khamr when you know for sure he may be fumbling?. I think i know where you getting at. I can drag you all along. I am familiar with how they are treated here whether they are apparently sick or not. No one attends to them in their sick bed until after they sleep and wake. Otherwise, how would doctor figure out what's wrong with them?.
Re: Hadiths by sirhedath(f): 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
As regards the alcohol, I was reading the English version of the Quran, not sure of the surah but it should be surah Imran or Nisai, Allah said alcohol consumption is a sin and as well has benefits, but the sin is more than its benefit, and the he said in another ayat that one must not be drunk to observe ones salah...from my own point of view I don't think alcohol consumption is bad but when done excessively....
Re: Hadiths by tbaba1234: 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
sirhedath:
As regards the alcohol, I was reading the English version of the Quran, not sure of the surah but it should be surah Imran or Nisai, Allah said alcohol consumption is a sin and as well has benefits, but the sin is more than its benefit, and the he said in another ayat that one must not be drunk to observe ones salah...from my own point of view I don't think alcohol consumption is bad but when done excessively....

You read that it is a sin and then say 'it is not bad'?? In islam, it is one of the major sins. Are sins good?

You who believe, intoxicants and gambling, idolatrous practices, and [divining with] arrows are repugnant acts––Satan’s doing–– shun them so that you may prosper. With intoxicants and gambling, Satan seeks only to incite enmity and hatred among you, and to stop you remembering God and prayer. Will you not give them up? Surah 5 90-91

Islam was introduced gradually in society.. It started from stopping people from coming to the prayer intoxicated to actual ban.

Let there be no doubt in your mind, drinking alcohol whether in small or large quantities is not allowed.

“Every intoxicant is khamr and every intoxicant is haraam.” Narrated by Muslim, 2003.

“Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1865; c

1 Like

Re: Hadiths by Empiree: 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
sirhedath:
I disagree with bold honey. You may want to put the verse of Quran you read in its proper context. It was not forbidden outright. But it's now as Islam is complete.

(1) (Reply)

Views About Mufti Ismail Menk / Qatari Minister Opens First Grand Mosque In Copenhagen, Denmark / The Name Of The Prophet's Parents Not Mentioned In The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.