Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made (1491 Views)

Best series Ever!!! / BREAKING BAD !! The Best Tv Series Ever Made / What Is Your Best Series Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by doyin13(m): 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2008
The Wire is officially the greatest series ever made, officially
because Doyin13 said so. cool cool well, as well as many
prominent critics.

For the uninitiated, The Wire is a series primarily about the
grimy streets of Baltimore, told from various angles, from the
drug infested streets, to the diabolically nonchalant police department,
the media, the schools etc.

Its sociological heaven.

The acting is top notch as well, many of them actual Baltimore residents.

So any fans of this ridiculously outstanding show, holla.

Make we yarn
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by segundash(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2008
I totally agree with you. Its more like a documentary. i.e. as if it really happened. Its very cool. No special effects, just good story, good actors. just 2 good,
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by vescucci(m): 10:53am On Dec 19, 2008
I wonder if The Wire is the same The Wire I'm thinking. Isn't it like veeeeeeeeeeery old? I didn't dig the 0 episodes I saw. I didn't even bother to start just cause of the packing. Shallow V; bite me!
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by doyin13(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2008
Segundash

I like you already. You have taste. Which is your favourite season?

My friends find it weird I like the season 2 best, the one about the ports.
I liked the change of tone, and it just put the show on another level in my
opinion. You know when a show stays with you for days after you saw it,
na very good show.

@Vessucci

No be the show you see or else you will be as enamoured as I am.

Guaranteed cool cool
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by doyin13(m): 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2008
Me kyant belief, more people haven't seen the wire.

I mean. . . . . . . .COME ONNNNNNN shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by bawomolo(m): 11:45pm On Dec 25, 2008
it was a show on HBO, BET even had reruns for a while. great show by the way. gay stick-up kid, who would have thought of that grin.

classic show that didn't glorify drug dealing culture.

american gangsters had an episode on the guy that inspired the show.
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by segundash(m): 7:29am On Dec 31, 2008
Season 2 is my best season ever. It shows what goes on behind the curtains at various ports in the world. Its really a eye opener.

@doyin13

The reason a lot of people didn't see The Wire is because its not an ACTION based series like 24 or with too much suspense like other series. But me, I enjoyed every minute of it.

People this days just want to watch a movie/series just for fun, sometimes, nothing to learn, just FICTION.

I just hope people's perspective changes because if not, nobody will like to produce a series like The Wire in future.
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by spikedcylinder: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2008
This thread should just die already.

*rolls eyes*

tongue
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by doyin13(m): 7:53am On Jan 01, 2009
spikedcylinder:

This thread should just die already.

*rolls eyes*

tongue

They have come o. . .

Awon Ol' ori gorodome tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by SisiJinx: 9:07am On Jan 01, 2009
Who ripped who off. . . the Producers the Shield or The Producers of The Wire.

Oh never, mind. . . I really don't care.

They both ripped Off the grittiness of Oz anyway

Oh Oh
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by doyin13(m): 9:33am On Jan 01, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Who ripped who off. . . the Producers the Shield or The Producers of The Wire.

Oh never, mind. . . I really don't care.

They both ripped Off the grittiness of Oz anyway

Oh Oh

This is one time I wished u resorted to your customary sarcasm angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by SisiJinx: 7:18pm On Jan 01, 2009
doyin13:

This is one time I wished u resorted to your customary sarcasmĀ  angry angry angry angry angry

Oh yeah, that. . . that was sarcasm. . . totally.

I mean of course I wouldn't go against what you like. Never!!

Who am I? What do I know? Do I even watch Tel. . .

Ouch Doyin! Not cool! Jeez!
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by spikedcylinder: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2009
doyin13:

They have come o. . .

Awon Ol' ori gorodome tongue tongue tongue

Who are you talking to?
Its only people that have arms in place of legs that can enjoy this useless tv show. Shior olodo. tongue
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by vescucci(m): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2009
I obviously haven't seen The Wire. But if it's like The Shield, I think I understand the gritty down-to-earth feeling Doyin gets watching it. Please y'all, don't resort to name-calling. One man's meat is another's, meat. how can meat not be meat? Just don't fight, pleeeeeeeeeeease?
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by spikedcylinder: 8:45am On Jan 05, 2009
vescucci:

I obviously haven't seen The Wire. But if it's like The Shield, I think I understand the gritty down-to-earth feeling Doyin gets watching it. Please y'all, don't resort to name-calling. One man's meat is another's, meat. how can meat not be meat? Just don't fight, pleeeeeeeeeeease?

Oh darling, that was just a front. We are not fighting. smiley Apparently, he is going to force me to watch all the seasons of The Wire. undecided grin
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by vescucci(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2009
Alrighty then. Kiss and make up. Now doyin's got me perked up about this The Wire.
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by spikedcylinder: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2009
Ol' boy, see as I derailed this thread. Sorry o doyin13. Ok, The Wire is the greatest series ever.

*rolls eyes*
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by doyin13(m): 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Ol' boy, see as I derailed this thread. Sorry o doyin13. Ok, The Wire is the greatest series ever.

*rolls eyes*

Dodoyo angry angry angry
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by kushi1: 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2009
Whurevaaaa!! it's not the greatest series ever tongue
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by spikedcylinder: 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2009
doyin13:

Dodoyo angry angry angry

Agbako! tongue
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by davidif: 2:01am On Feb 05, 2009
i agree
Re: The Wire: Greatest Series Ever Made by Roon9(m): 1:18am On Feb 08, 2019
segundash:
Season 2 is my best season ever. It shows what goes on behind the curtains at various ports in the world. Its really a eye opener.

@doyin13

The reason a lot of people didn't see The Wire is because its not an ACTION based series like 24 or with too much suspense like other series. But me, I enjoyed every minute of it.

People this days just want to watch a movie/series just for fun, sometimes, nothing to learn, just FICTION.

I just hope people's perspective changes because if not, nobody will like to produce a series like The Wire in future.

11 years later I'm agreeing with you. The movie is just too matured. I have like 5 fav characters at the moment and I'm just in season2

(1) (Reply)

Any Upcoming Movie Auditions In Asaba? Pls Alert Me! / Akpors Movie On Youtube Ft Damola Olatunji,odunlade Adekola,yomi Fash Lanso. / Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6...interesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.