Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Igbos Still Better Off In United Nigeria, Says Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Still Better Off In United Nigeria, Says Obiano (414 Views)

Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take / Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? / You Are Better Off In Benin Republic, Buhari Tells Nigerians Living There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Still Better Off In United Nigeria, Says Obiano by abila122: 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
Despite paying the prize for most attacks in the country, Igbo people are still better off in one united and indivisible Nigeria, according to Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano.

Obiano stated this in an address titled: ‘Ozoemezina, Memory and the Quest for Igbo Renaissance’, presented to a large crowd at Ekwueme Square during the ‘formal’ funeral ceremony of victims of Nigeria Civil War, World War and riots in Nigeria and other parts of Africa on Monday

He traced the reason for most attacks being targeted at Igbos in various conflicts in Nigeria to their hard work and eagerness to participate in building the local economy.

He said: It is a thing of pride to be onye Anambra. We are indeed a remarkable people. However, throughout history, there has always been a prize to pay for greatness.

Our natural disposition to seek wealth-creating opportunities in known and unknown places across the world and support the local economy with our famed energy has made us imminent targets of conflicts that we had no hand in fomenting.

But Obiano said even with this, Igbos are better in one Nigeria and used the occasion to campaign for President Goodluck Jonathan, saying he is better than any other candidate in the February 14 election.

His words: “In my inaugural address, I informed Ndigbo that the time had come for us to climb over the recriminations of the past and build new bridges of understanding across Nigeria.

“I argued that if our ancestors sacrificed so much to create Nigeria, we must not sacrifice any less to rebuild this country. I also re-emphasised my belief that our future as a people is better guaranteed in a united, indivisible Nigeria.

“Ladies and gentlemen, that is why we must all vote for Dr Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan in the presidential election that will hold next month. Among the candidates running for the Presidency, Dr. Goodluck Azikiwe Jonathan offers Nigeria the best chance at national integration and unity.

“So, we must vote for him. We must also vote for all the candidates standing election on the platform of APGA here in Anambra and other states.”
Source: http://e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/2559-igbos-still-better-off-in-united-nigeria-says-obiano

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola To Run His Office With N18.6 Billion In 2015 / Nigeria 2015: I’ll Focus On Youth Empowerment If Re-elected, Jonathan Says / A Complicated Educational Background Of A Presidentail Aspirant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.