Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. (1088 Views)

House Or Land For Sale In Magodo Shangisha / Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You / Where To Buy Cheap Property Or Land In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by Thadude(m): 5:00am On Dec 19, 2008
I was wonder which should come first in a man's life a car or land, taking into consideration the bad nature of transportation in Nigeria. And noting that uncertain conditions calls for common sense approach.
Re: Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by rozandalzz: 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2008
i would take a land first, the car can come later. i take the land because here where i live (akwa ibom), you are more respected if you have a land. its like choosing between a nice house and a fine car.
Re: Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by thirdeye(m): 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2008
Of course land will come on top for a lot of reasons.
If you buy a land, you are securing your future, if you otherwise buy a car you are eating up your future.
Oh! I remember I wrote an article on that a while ago, have fun

http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2008/03/why-you-should-build-house-before.html
Re: Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by Thadude(m): 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2008
I certainly would prefer a land even if i'm unable to develop it immiediately. Whatever happened to individual farming?? My land could be used for small farm pending when i'm able to develop it.
Re: Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by davidylan3: 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2008
Why buy a land when you need a car to move around on a day to day basis?

Actually, it depends on how much money you have, where you want to buy the land, and the type of car you have in mind, they are two different things and each with reasons or motives for buying, which ever comes first is not an issue.
Re: Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by asitis(f): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2008
There's no right or wrong answer, the choice will depend on the need of the individual and how much the person has to spend. depending how much the person has, the two can be acheived, but in some circumstances the need to have a car could be very great and the amount in question might just be for a small car, investing in property on the other hand is a different ball game all together, i'll advice this anytime though, i did it too and it paid off, in this case lots of research has to be carried out before the purchase is made.
Re: Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by gbegbs: 12:29am On Dec 21, 2008
it is not a matter of how much u have . dats my opinion. to buy a car definetly u will spend more than u are to spend if u buyn a land. of course it depend where u buyn the land. but lets say land for average joe.so it is a matter of choice . and to buy a land first can give u both car and land if u buy in the right place. if u buy land and turn it around after sometime u might be able to buy both land and car aftre that so it is a matter of choice and good thinking. cool
Re: Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by mrperfect(m): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2008
Sorry, mine is not listed, if I am to say and add to it, I will say woman.
Re: Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by Pittbaby(f): 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2008
Clarification required -- land (are we talking about a place to live or a place of your own)

If a place of your own, and you are comfortable where you live; I will say a modest car (preferably without a car note or loan), you will need this on a daily basis. A house is a bigger investment that takes years to accomplish for most people. If you have enough money to buy a house with out blinking, I doubt you will even have to debate if you need to buy a car first
Re: Which Should Come First In A Man's Life, A Car Or Land. by timmfikk(m): 10:34pm On Dec 22, 2008
all of the above

(1) (Reply)

1403.630 Sqm @ Nos 25b Adeyemi Lawson Road Ikoyi With Title: C Of O Price: N400m / Plots Of Land For Sale At Ikorodu (igbogbo) / Pics Of A 3bedroom Bungalow To Window Level On A Full Plot Of Land 2.2m Net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.