Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,521 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Why Do Nigerians Give More Attention To Federal Than State Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Give More Attention To Federal Than State Government (553 Views)

Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of N449Million Found by EFCC To Federal Government / Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Give More Attention To Federal Than State Government by Eastherbunny(m): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2015
When I was in junior secondary school in social studies, I was thought Nigeria has three arms of government in the executive level:
The federal
The state
And local government.
Now even though I was a science student all through my high school even I know only the local government dose not have autonomy.
Overtime when ever I meet Nigerians and any issue of politics ensue I notice always, it only the federal government that are a criticise,accused,curse and given heavy attention both on media,newspapers,and online forums.
If I don't know better I think many nigerians don't know there is something called state government and that they are elected not appointed and that heavy money are allocated every year to each state.

My problem is why is our governors not been queried,why is every blame on the federal government alone.
We cry in this country of injustice, corruption,lack of major social amenities and most importantly security but we always blame the federal government forgetting the governors of our state collect state allocation every year for this sought of problem.
Nigerians state government are autonomous,they are elected and are there to attend to all our needs.
Let hold our state government accountable,we putting to much attention on federal government while we ignore and allow our state government to do whatever they like without quarry is just plain ignorance.

My state for example "benue state" is just there with no adequate social amenities,lack of job,salaries have not been paid for over ten month and all i see our governor do is follow the president around.
Where is our state law maker please hold our governors accountable please be the people voice.
Some nigeria governors are more richer than the president and the don't do anything meaningful while in office.
If we want things to change entirely in this country then we better start focusing more on the root than trying to cut the head of the tree.

It not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Give More Attention To Federal Than State Government by slimfit1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
Because federal will prosecute state for oleying.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Give More Attention To Federal Than State Government by Bayswater: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
The governors and local government chairmen are meant to do 80 - 90% of the work but we just give them a free pass. All of our governors have performed terribly below par.

If we can shine the spotlight on them like we are doing to GEJ, we will realize they are actually the most corrupt and inept Nigerian leaders ever.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Govt Is Corrupt But I Will Still Vote Him – Asari / Benjamin Ikwu-oche Wrote: I'll NOT Spread Propaganda But FACTS About Buhari / Breaking News!!! - Niger Deputy Gov, 200 Others Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.