Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:29 AM

Just Before You Kill or Die. #BeforeKillorDie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Before You Kill or Die. #BeforeKillorDie (556 Views)

See This Picture Before You Kill Yourself For APC Or PDP / What Is PMB Telling This Man Just Before Jetting Off To London (photo) / Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just Before You Kill or Die. #BeforeKillorDie by Totfulguy: 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
I am not one to dabble deep into political discusses of any sort because politics, as practiced in any clime, has never been of interest to me as a person. However, I am constrained to make this submission in the face of the manifestly mindless way that Nigerian's blindly follow politicians in their wasteful and destructive pursuit of THEIR personal political ambitions. With the approaching elections and the frenzied motion of politicians who have unleashed their political mercenaries, dogs and tools to achieve their targets, we have been inundated with reports of politically motivated crises, ritual killings and bombings to mention a few. The sad part of this is the face that innocent people get caught up the haze of senseless losses.

Often, the motivation for such killings is the desire to extinguish all shades of oppositions and threats to the attainment of political goals of the politician and/or aspirant. As underscored, this is the ambition of the Politician. Experience has taught us the hard lesson of taking with a pinch of salt any promises that is made to us by humans and much less so, the promises of politicians who have an unenviable record of not keeping promises and telling lies on an industrial scale. Truth be told, even with the best of intentions, people are likely to fail on the promises. In light of this reality, we need to really pause for a moment and ask ourselves, BEFORE I KILL OR DIE FOR A POLITICIAN, IS IT REALLY WORTH IT? Is it worth a drop of a man, woman, child or baby's blood to bear the burden of guilt for having killed (Please don't tell me your conscience will not torment you. That moment comes when, no matter how hardened we are, guilt sets in and we helplessly feel the full force of our consciences) anyone for the sake of a politician or godfather.

In the end, we expend our energies and consciences and fight another man's war. We kill innocent people on the streets, we grab defenseless people into cars and slaughter them for people who will only forget about us in a hurry (Even if you are not forgotten, is it worth it?) as soon as they have achieved their end. All we have done is fight another mans fight and trade our consciences. We kill the ones who live with us, the ones who's interest we should protect. The ones that share our experience and feel our pain. The ones who would never have forgotten us-the man, woman, boy, girl and child "on the street". The Political godfather attains his office and soon thereafter becomes unreachable and unapproachable. Because he has become richer and powerful, he will use his strength and muscle and suppress us and we can do absolutely nothing. We have been fooled. What have we done to ourselves?

Think about it and ask yourself, where do the politicians live and where do you live? What is the standard of their lives and what is yours? What is the possibility that you will attain his lifestyle just because you killed someone for him? Will your children live the life their children live? Will a man whom you have killed someone for trust you enough to have you live close to him or entrust you with his possession? Are you enjoying the opportunities or just living on the MERE PROMISE that he will do "something" for your. What can you do with a promise? What can you achieve with HOPE? Is he living on hope?

Before we kill or die, we need to ask ourselves, IS IT WORTH IT? WILL IT ALWAYS BE WORTH IT? WILL WE LOOK BACK WITH PRIDE AND SAY I DID THIS FOR THE VALUE IT BROUGHT ME AND THOSE AROUND ME? WHOSE FIGHT IS IT ANYWAY? Its my desire to start a positive movement on social media that will give everyone a reason to ponder for a moment over these salient questions just before they kill or maim a father, mother, brother,sister or child. I will call this movement #BeforeIKillorDie. It could help someone think for a second the consequences of his/her action just before they take it. Do well to share this message and spread #BeforeIKillorDie.
Re: Just Before You Kill or Die. #BeforeKillorDie by ArchEnemy(m): 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
The simple truth is that those that ll still do it will do it. There are thugs out there, rough guys, peeps who dont value their lives. And how many of them are gonna listen to you?
Re: Just Before You Kill or Die. #BeforeKillorDie by Totfulguy: 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
ArchEnemy:
The simple truth is that those that ll still do it will do it. There are thugs out there, rough guys, peeps who dont value their lives. And how many of them are gonna listen to you?

Well, if people have decided to believe the lie and entrench it as the truth, we owe it to ourselves to install the truth in its rightful place.

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Nigeria! Nigerians Stand Up Together To Say No To Boko Haram / Nigerians Soldiers Talk To CNN About Boko-Haram Fight -''we Bought Our Kits'' / Obasanjo To Vote Based On Performances, Endorsed Gov. Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.