Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:49 AM

Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? (3445 Views)

Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) / Boko Haram: Gej's Propaganda, A Disservice To Nigerian People / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by saharachic(f): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
The boko haram menace have been worse than cancer
in the north east and the northern nigeria per say.

The NAF and Military Authorities agree that they are ill-equipped to fight
boko haram, why the vampires keep on decimating the north and
killing innocent nigerians.

But the word on every body's lips is this: why has the government let
boko haram to grow to this unbearable stain on the country,
why has the military remain incapacitated for so long?

There have been blames and counter blames, accusations and counters
but no body has been brought to justice, justice that has been meted out clean and clear.

Now the question here is this, who stands to gain Politically
from the boko haram menace?
As election approaches, who is the one that benefits from boko haram reign of terror?

Is it GMB or GEJ?

Please state your reason and why.
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Iyawotolu: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
grin

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by saharachic(f): 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
Iyawotolu:
grin

lets tackle this issue seriously please
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
GMB of course!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Vicotex(m): 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
Even a day baby knows, without been said GMB is the mastermind behind BH

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by 9jatriot(m): 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hardtalk. Question is who gains? the obvious answer is GEJ.

My reasons.
Majority of the votes from the North will go to GMB without any doubt, one rigging option of the ruling party is to instigate fear in those areas such that there will be no elections in majority of the areas whereas the few places that will have elections will have low turnout. Meanwhile, the areas where GEJ has strong support which includes the South south and south east will not have any hitch.

In summary, GEJ stands to gain more from the insurgency than anyone else, unfortunately human lives are being sacrificed on this political calculation.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by saharachic(f): 7:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
Qiewz11:
GMB of course!
Vicotex:
Even a day baby knows, without been said GMB is the mastermind behind BH

You guys did not give an exhaustive reason. Why GMB? What is your reason? Can you counter this below?

9jatriot:
Hardtalk. Question is who gains? the obvious answer is GEJ.
My reasons.
Majority of the votes from the North will go to GMB without any doubt, one rigging option of the ruling party is to instigate fear in those areas such that there will be no elections in majority of the areas whereas the fear place that will have elections will have low turnout. Meanwhile, the areas where GEJ has strong support which includes the South south and south east will not have any hitch.
In summary, GEJ stands to gain more from the insurgency than anyone else, unfortunately human lives are being sacrificed on this political calculation.
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Vicotex(m): 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
saharachic:

You guys did not give an exhaustive reason. Why GMB? What is your reason? Can you counter this below?

idgaf 'bout the majority of north
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by saharachic(f): 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
Vicotex:
idgaf 'bout the majority of north

Then you have no use here if you dont value human life. We are not entertaining vampires.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by SeverusSnape(m): 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
The two of them gets to benefit...
Buhari benefits because some people will have this belief that the GEJ led government could not tackle the insurgency, So they may vote for Buhari thinking he's the right person to do the job. This BH issue have undermined the good works of the government.

GeJ benefits because clearly elections won't hold in those areas, Which are APC strong holds, this will greatly reduce the number of votes for APC Which is in favour of PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by LordMecuzy(m): 8:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
Buhari of course. Northerners are tired of bokoharam, you think internally displaced persons in camp don't wanna go back home? Christian Northern Minorities too are tired. For Over Four years Bokoharam has been terrorising them. Now Westerners wanna vote for Buhari. Hmmmm Jonathan Can't win with just SouthSouth and SouthEast votes alone. just Kano can match 3 South South states in terms of eligible Voters and with Lagos voting for APC Hmmmmmm
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by saharachic(f): 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Buhari of course. Northerners are tired of bokoharam, you think internally displaced persons in camp don't wanna go back home? Christian Northern Minorities too are tired. For Over Four years Bokoharam has been terrorising them. Now Westerners wanna vote for Buhari. Hmmmm Jonathan Can't win with just SouthSouth and SouthEast votes alone. just Kano can match 3 South South states in terms of eligible Voters and with Lagos voting for APC Hmmmmmm

I dont understand your reason. It's not clear enough. If Kano has large voters base than three ss states, what gives you the confidence they will come out en masse to vote for GMB, when the fear of Boko Haram still pervades the north?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by LordMecuzy(m): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
saharachic:

I dont understand your reason. It's not clear enough. If Kano has large voters base than three ss states, what gives you the confidence they will come out en masse to vote for GMB, when the fear of Boko Haram still pervades the north?

Dear I've travelled around north for over a month now. Sincerely bokoharam has given Buhari lots of sympathy votes. The Northerners believe Jonathan isn't serious with d war against insurgency.Even d minority christians in Bauchi, Gombe n Adamawa want Buhari. When I went to Adamawa I saw Internally Displaced people, I tried holding back my tears still I couldn't . Right in dis severe cold some are still lying in an open field and queuing up for Malnourished Rice. These are Nigerians too, Do you think dey like thier present predicaments? Tho I'm an Igbo dude from SouthEast but what I saw surely surely touched me. We are at war!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by saharachic(f): 9:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Dear I've travelled around north for over a month now. Sincerely bokoharam has given Buhari lots of sympathy votes. The Northerners believe Jonathan isn't serious with d war against insurgency.Even d minority christians in Bauchi, Gombe n Adamawa want Buhari. When I went to Adamawa I saw Internally Displaced people, I tried holding back my tears still I couldn't . Right in dis severe cold some are still lying in an open field and queuing up for Malnourished Rice. These are Nigerians too, Do you think dey like thier present predicaments? Tho I'm an Igbo dude from SouthEast but what I saw surely surely touched me. We are at war!!!

GMB gathering sympathy votes is actually not an achievement, it is not a gain in political terms. It is the actual displacement that counts as political achievement but for who? i think GEJ. Lets reverse it and see if the same thing was happening to the south or the east, it would have been termed that GMB is the one to gain politically because people will be afraid to come out and vote GEJ in his strong holds.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Horus(m): 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mszgLaX4bM

[size=15pt]U.S Government Should Arrest President Jonathan As A Boko Haram Collaborator [/size]
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Sunshineluv(f): 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
Buhari is gaining alot because he is using the insecurity in the country to campaign against GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by jmoore(m): 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
Who gains politically from ISIS, Taliban, Al-qaeda, Al-shabaab?
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by kcjazz(m): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
GEJ gains
1. Elections might not hold in Borno. GMB loses almost a million vote

2. If elections don't hold, a winner cannot be declared. Meaning, incumbent can buy more time. This is why APC Amaechi said they will run a parallel government, they said that from a winning position.

3. With his desperation, GEJ if he loses can make excuses for this failure to say well Boko Haram was a plot to end his reign

Nigeria ultimately will gain a focused leadership smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by LordMecuzy(m): 3:06am On Jan 15, 2015
saharachic:

GMB gathering sympathy votes is actually not an achievement, it is not a gain in political terms. It is the actual displacement that counts as political achievement but for who? i think GEJ. Lets reverse it and see if the same thing was happening to the south or the east, it would have been termed that GMB is the one to gain politically because people will be afraid to come out and vote GEJ in his strong holds.

Northerners have never been ever afraid to vote check Thier records. It's we the southerners that makes noise on facebook, twitter and nairaland on d day of election most southerners will be sleeping on Thier beds I'm telling you the truth. Lol especially my igbo brothers they hardly turnout to vote. Buhari got 12million votes even tho he created CPC just 6months to the election. As at then CPC Had no governor, Senator or House of Reps supporting them . Right now his APC has governors, senators and the rest an with the support of Tinubu and saraki added to that hmmmmmm well let's wait till 14th
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Nobody: 3:49am On Jan 15, 2015
GEJ of course.

The idea that BH is the handwork of GMB to make Nigeria ungovernable doesn't make sense anymore since they are now operational in other neighboring countries (is GMB trying to be president of Chad and Cameroon?)

Without a doubt, GMB will get majority votes in those areas like he has always do. It doesn't make any sense to start an insurgency in your stronghold. The idea that APC is boko haram doesn't make any sense since it will only be beneficial to the ruling party if elections are not held in those areas which will disenfranchise a lot of GMB supporters.

The opposition party has every right to criticize GEJ's ineptness with the insurgency that doesn't mean they are part of it and most of their points are valid (most of the international community will agree with them). Nigerians are still alien to the idea of a strong opposition since military dictatorship style democracy is still embedded in their psyche.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by emeka2847: 4:36am On Jan 15, 2015
GMB's strongholds are continually destabilised and 4.4Tr spent by Jonathan on Security. Pls Buhari is falsely accused as sponsor while Jona keeps taking us for a ride by not disclosing those involved except during his campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by menesheh(m): 5:30am On Jan 15, 2015
Both of them have upper hand in NE

Therefore it will be 50 50
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by seagulsntrawler: 6:23am On Jan 15, 2015
Sunshineluv:
Buhari is gaining alot because he is using the insecurity in the country to campaign against GEJ.

It still does not explain why Jonathan did not go down hard on boko haram and to make all the territory safe. You must agree with me that he failed in his duty and woefully too.
If Buhari is a mastermind then he should be picked up and charged accordingly.
Lastly, you must know that excuses are reasons for failure.
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 15, 2015
missyAL:
GEJ of course.

The idea that BH is the handwork of GMB to make Nigeria ungovernable doesn't make sense anymore since they are now operational in other neighboring countries (is GMB trying to be president of Chad and Cameroon?)

Without a doubt, GMB will get majority votes in those areas like he has always do. It doesn't make any sense to start an insurgency in your stronghold. The idea that APC is boko haram doesn't make any sense since it will only be beneficial to the ruling party if elections are not held in those areas which will disenfranchise a lot of GMB supporters.

The opposition party has every right to criticize GEJ's ineptness with the insurgency that doesn't mean they are part of it and most of their points are valid (most of the international community will agree with them). Nigerians are still alien to the idea of a strong opposition since military dictatorship style democracy is still embedded in their psyche.

Your is tosibe..
Spot on..
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 15, 2015
Every reasonable person knows that Gej politicized the issue,so he will gain.
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by seagulsntrawler: 6:36am On Jan 15, 2015
jmoore:
Who gains politically from ISIS, Taliban, Al-qaeda, Al-shabaab?

The elites who indirectly rule the United states, the western countries and by extension most of the known world. Please do your findings. Boko Haram is an off shoot of this groups and derives inspiration and support from them.

Many of the factions in Nigeria, today are foreign backed. Although, they were started by politicians like SAS and appears to be more of a kanuri movement cutting across several countries (fulanis and other hausa people may be enticed to join for financial gain).
Remember that the spokesman of the Yusuf family was gunned down after obasanjo paid the family a visit. It means there were factions that felt he could not negotiate with government on their behalf.
Lastly, I think the whole thing is a psyop against the Nigerian people.
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by PassingShot(m): 6:39am On Jan 15, 2015
GEJ I think wanted to use the insurgency to reduce the votes from the north and expecting sympathy votes from the South as a result.

Unfortunately, the sympathy has shifted to Buhari since GEJ/PDP have no evidence to link him with the insurgency despite alleging that he supports the terrorists.

Now it is GMB that is benefitting more as GEJ/PDP's plan has crumbled.
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by seagulsntrawler: 6:52am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:
GEJ I think wanted to use the insurgency to reduce the votes from the north and expecting sympathy votes from the South as a result.

Unfortunately, the sympathy has shifted to Buhari since GEJ/PDP have no evidence to link him with the insurgency despite alleging that he supports the terrorists.

Now it is GMB that is benefitting more as GEJ/PDP's plan has crumbled.

People accusing Buhari do not know what it takes to fund and inspire such a group. Fulanis and kanuris do not see eye to eye and that is one of the reasons Abacha was able to remove sultan Dasuki and exiled him. Before that time dasuki was the most powerful traditional ruler in Nigeria. By doing that, Abacha demystified the sultanate.
You should also know that B.H follow and is inspired by a very radical brand of islam known as al wabisim just like al qaeda.
Lastly, you do not wage a jihad in the midst of believers contrary to what ISIS and B.H are doing.
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by Kingspin(m): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2015
Violence in northern
Nigeria following the April 2011
presidential voting left more than 800
people dead, Human Rights Watch

Buhari: Military Offensive against
Boko Haram, Anti-north Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Opposes emergency rule, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has criticised the declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States and the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect
Na buhari na even the deaf and blind know.
Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by vicadex07(m): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
Its only people with shallow reasoning that will say APC is benefitting from the insurgency up north.

Its been years now since GEJ admitted that he knows Boko Haram sponsors and that they are in his government.

Am sure if they were in the opposition, he would have haunted them down and brag about the conquest to score cheap political points...do you all agree with me on this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Hardtalk: Who Gains Politically from BOKO HARAM? GEJ or GMB? by saharachic(f): 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
missyAL:
GEJ of course.

Abeg take one like take buy beer!

(1) (Reply)

12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Adminstration / #nigeriadecides: 7 Reasons Why We'll Never Forget The 2015 Elections / What Will Be The Contributions Of 5 South East States If Biafra Is Achieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.