Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones (10248 Views)

Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / Code For Flashing Your Nokia Phones (note: Not Factory Reset) / Some Useful Nokia Codes & How To Format/Reset Ur Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Ebiz4real(m): 9:10am On Dec 19, 2008
After a long time using your mobile phones or even after a short period, sometimes you may get some problem in its functioning like automatic restart, unable to delete some file, camera not working, virus infected like commwarior, OS works very slow, bluetooth not working, phone hangs or not responding, unable to restart, in that case the first and foremost step is restore your original factory settings. Here I’m telling you how to track back the original factory settings and if the problem still persists than there’s an alternative approach for doing so.

Resetting Phone factory settings by Nokia Secret Codes.
This method is very simple one and you don't have to do much effort. In this process factory settings are restored i.e. phone is switched back to default settings and no application is deleted.

First Method-Normal Reset:
Before you start this first backup your phone books, calender and any other important stuff to your PC or memory card and then simply enter this code
*#7780#
It will ask for “Restore all phone settings-phone will restart….”
Then it will ask for security code, enter your security code whose default value is 12345 and then the phone is reset after restart. After doing all this phone will be restored to the time when you purchased the phone and no application is removed.

Second Method-Hard Reset:
The other method is formatting memory disk. It format the phone memory, everything that has been installed other than the default applications that were present at the time of purchase will be deleted. The phone restored to time to you purchased keeping the original software intact.This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten. Files and applications stored on E: drive are not be affected by these sequences.

To do this just enter the code: -#7370#
Then it asks for security code, enter your security code and by default its value is 12345 and process as done in previous method.
Before starting just take backup of all the necessary data like contacts, calender etc.
Note : Battery should be fully charged or be connected to charger so that it may not run out of power.

If you encounter situation like below on your phone:

1. Blank screen phone and/or unable to reboot.

2. Phone only boot-up to "Nokia" word welcome screen.

3. Install some program but not able to uninstall it after that.

4. Unable to delete any unwanted files on C drive.

Do a Full phone formatting on your as steps below :

1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.

2. Backup your all contact list and personal files to your memory card or PC.

3. Switch-off your phone and remove memory card.

4. Press and hold three keys : Green dial key, * Star key, no. 3 key on keypad and then press the power on/off button to switch on the phone. Remember! do not let go the 3 press and hold keys until you see a 'formatting' word screen show.

5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your phone will back to original company system and factory setting. Hope your phone will now work fine.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by naijafan(m): 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2008
Very good piece. Considering the rate at with users here keep having issues with formatting their phones.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by rasidi(m): 10:04am On Feb 11, 2009
Ebiz4real you are appreciated and God will continue to replenish you with lot of knowledge.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by preshm15(m): 9:11am On Feb 14, 2009
thanks, it worked for me on my N6630 when i added the star i.e *#7370#
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by PeterSCh: 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2009
Hey ebiz, thanks for the lovelypost. I am currently having a 6670 and it was always. Hang after apply your
codes. It works like magic! Nice. smiley
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by makvanpor(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2009
Its great indeed
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by thooneex(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2009
Great! Ebiz.bt it's not working 4 my fone.I use 3110c
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by thooneex(m): 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2009
Great! Ebiz.bt it's not working 4 my fone.I use 3110c
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by linkon1009: 2:34am On Feb 24, 2009
Best result
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Ajiareg(m): 10:42am On Feb 24, 2009
Pls help me i cant remember my phone code again. What can i do i have formatted by holding the three buttons and switch it on, but it s still requesting for the password. Help pls
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Pelumiv(m): 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2009
@ tho,n3110c dnt format wit those code.u wil need 2 flash it wit system.@ ajia,u wil need 2 unlock d fone 2 remove d code.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Enockia(m): 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2009
thanks for the code but i was wonderin if u could help us with other codes like sagem, samsung, sonyericson etc cos u know not all of us use nokia phones. thanks
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Pelumiv(m): 10:30am On Feb 27, 2009
4 sony ericsson.go 2 settings,restore factory settings.choose restore all n ur fone wil be formatted.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by mikoa: 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2009
Hello please help me. I have forgotten my phones lock code and it is requesting for it. I now formatted the phone and it is still requesting for my lock code. What should i do now.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by mikoa: 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2009
Hello please help me. I have forgotten my phones lock code and it is requesting for it. I now formatted the phone and it is still requesting for my lock code. What should i do now.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by mikoa: 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2009
cryHello please help me. I have forgotten my phones lock code and it is requesting for it. I now formatted the phone and it is still requesting for my lock code. What should i do now. Please
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by thooneex(m): 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2009
Can anyone tell me about how to format Nokia 6085.pls?
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Pelumiv(m): 8:22am On Mar 03, 2009
@ mikoa,unlock ur fone or give a software engineer 2 help u read d code.@ thoonex,u cant format 6085.only symbian fones ar formatable.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Juniorroged(m): 8:53pm On Mar 08, 2009
Pls my fone model is 6630, my fone has been goin off & i ve flash,formatted bt no change pls wat do i do. I realy want a perfect solution 2d problem. Pls ebiz [color=#006600][/color]
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by travel2uk: 11:24am On Mar 09, 2009
good
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Smartsboy(m): 9:30am On Mar 13, 2009
smiley
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Smartsboy(m): 9:37am On Mar 13, 2009
smiley
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by sisqology(m): 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2009
Juniorroged:

Pls my fone model is 6630, my fone has been goin off & i ve flash,formatted bt no change pls wat do i do. I realy want a perfect solution 2d problem. Pls ebiz [color=#006600][/color]

How did u do your own format??
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Donseaun(m): 1:28am On Mar 17, 2009
Bcoz he lied.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by sisqology(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2009
What is ur business?
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by dragnet: 9:04am On Mar 17, 2009
Dem don release una?? grin
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Markenny(m): 9:18am On Mar 17, 2009
lol.
@dragnet how far?
u didnt call to say thanks?abi u narv gotten the gold card.
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by dragnet: 10:31am On Mar 17, 2009
Mceny, I havnt collectd it yet. . I'll tel u wen I do
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by stancozy(m): 11:15am On Mar 17, 2009
dragnet:

Dem don release una?? grin
[size=15pt] abi oo lololo[/size]
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Kaybaba5(m): 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2009
The code no work 4 me any longer only pressing keys simultaneously works but it is hard.Wat can i do to allow the code work for me.Its not dat it doesnt work but no appls is deleted in phone memory.Pls help me
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by engrhamid(m): 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2009
D 2 codes?
Re: How To Format S60 Series Nokia Phones by Donseaun(m): 6:26am On Mar 18, 2009
@sisqo
because u askd dolt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SIM Registration Of 95.7 Million Subscribers Invalid - NCC / Play Modern Combat 5 Offline / Whatsapp Calling Feature Is Cool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.