Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Beware Of Digital Lies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Digital Lies (752 Views)

5 Lies You Have Been Told About Entrepreneurship / Fg Kicked Against Use Of Digital Currency / The Future Of Money. An Overview Of Digital Currency Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Digital Lies by PerfumeRepublik: 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
I was scrolling down my Facebook feeds and I saw this update from one of my friends: “So much 'cock and bulls' (misleading information) on the web today. You need to be filled with God's Spirit to even surf the Web without being contaminated physically, spiritually, emotionally and even psychologically.
So many lies, half truth, propaganda and even deliberate seeds of evil are being sold to the undiscerning populace as news. Only God can save us from the hands of the minds that conceive these ideas in our world today.
Never take any information off the internet or media until you've scrutinized it well. This age that we live in is the age of the battle between the Naked Truth and Well Dressed Lies.”

The transformation of the internet into a space where everybody can express their opinions or publish an unverified information has definitely affected the authenticity of any information that is on it. Media houses, political bodies, businesses, organization and individuals twist the information they publish to their favor. This leaves naive individuals in a position where they are misguided and consume adulterated information, which could be very detrimental if the information is needed to make life decisions.
Brands and organizations are not left out in this. Some companies use digital platforms to power marketing campaigns and build a community of customers. Most of these companies usually end up selling concepts that are unrealistic, publish information that are false, with the aim of advancing the business. But in most cases, building a product or business on falsehood is very dangerous for its long term sustainability.
Culled from :
http://www.gavaar.com/item/36-beware-of-digital-lies
Re: Beware Of Digital Lies by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
If they cannot convince you they'd rather confuse you. That's life for you OP.
Re: Beware Of Digital Lies by jacabi(m): 11:28am On Jan 15, 2015
In fact, I used to wonder why so many people are believing everything they read on the internet.

(1) (Reply)

It Seems Tradestable.com.ng Has Been Sold To Olx Pix / Urgently In Need Of Pet Bottle water Label printer / Developing Products That Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.