Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

My Experience With A Policeman While Travelling! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With A Policeman While Travelling! (600 Views)

A Policeman Hanging On A Danfo Bus! What I Saw On A Lagos Expressway Today / 5 Things Nigerian Men Should Not Wear While Travelling / Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Policeman While Travelling! by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 15, 2015
Good Morning Fellow Nigerians and Our friends from other Countries. Today we shall be talking about the high level of corruption in the Nigerian Police. The Nigerian police collecting bribe is not a new thing in our country it has being an ongoing trend and I don't foresee it coming to and end soon.

I was on a vehicle sometime ago and as we were approaching a police checkpoint which the police have converted to their exploitation center.

Before we got to the checkpoint, the police have been busy collecting their normal change from both commercial motorist and others, even the motorcycles and tricycles weren't left out. Sometimes I imagine them taking bribes from bicycles and pedestrians too.

So before it got to our turn, I saw my driver cursing the money he was supposed to give them. He was saying things like " It will not be well with you", "You shall die before your time", " You shall never worth anything in life" and so on. I was surprised and when I asked him the reasons for his actions, he said this policemen always demand money from him both tho and fro his route and even when he hasn't made enough money for himself and his family they wouldn't consider his plea. I was shocked and I decided to let my fellow Nigerians and friends of Nigeria have their say on this issue.

We have heard stories of the Nigerian police killing Nigerians because of 20 naira!

Very funny indeed!

So Friends, I expect you to react on this issue and have your say at www.facebook.com/MHB4N

Do have a blessed day.

Re: My Experience With A Policeman While Travelling! by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 15, 2015
sorry
Re: My Experience With A Policeman While Travelling! by RedArrow: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2015
Police is your friend
Re: My Experience With A Policeman While Travelling! by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2015
Sexysammy:

I was on a vehicle sometime ago

and it is now you can tell us your experience
Re: My Experience With A Policeman While Travelling! by SeverusSnape(m): 9:23am On Jan 15, 2015
" It will not be well with you", "You shall die before your time", " You shall never worth anything in life"

This is epic!...Curse for life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Cotonou Advice / 1000 Naira Fee "First Time Travelling By Land To Benin? / South Africa Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.