Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near (2457 Views)

... / Reasons Why You Run Out Of Data Before The End Of Your Validity Period / ''Keeping Cell Phones Near The Head Is Dangerous'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by ddjay: 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
Sony’s CEO Kazuo Hirai and senior management are considering a number of options for its loss-making mobile and TV divisions according to a Reuters report.
This includes the possibility of selling the operations or entering into a joint venture contract with a partner.
Reuters cites an unnamed member of Sony management that “no business is forever” and that “every segment now needs to understand that Sony can exit
businesses”.
These sentiments were reiterated by Kazuo Hirai who told reporters at the CES tradeshow in Las Vegas that reforms have succeeded “in some parts but not in others”. He also exhibited caution on the
mobile division in particular.
“Electronics in general, along with entertainment and finance, will continue to be an important business. But within that there are some operations that will need to be run with caution – and that might
be TV or mobile, for example,” said Hirai.
The next time we officially hear from the company is 4 February 2015, which is when Sony reports its Q3 FY2014 earnings announcement. We should get an idea at that point the sentiment around the
mobile division.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/01/13/sony-considering-the-sale-of-its-mobile-division/

http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-10751.php
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by Leon2036(m): 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2015
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by tomzman: 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
Leon2036:
Space booking, I caught you!
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by alotofgrace(m): 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
in as much as I like sony, they should learn to lower their product prices....particularly mobile
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by modskiller(m): 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
The prices are too high despite the fact that they know the situation and level of competition in the mobile phone industry. Best of luck to them sha...
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
Too bad...I love Sony Xperia devices, very innovative!
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by Leon2036(m): 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
tomzman:

Space booking, I caught you!
limme jor, nah me start am?
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by Kreamie(m): 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
High end devices = prices on the high...Apple hasn't lowered the prices of their high end phones have they? Its all a matter of choice people...People seem to love the ios
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by Chuksteric(m): 1:05am On Jan 16, 2015
Just in case....

Space booked
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by Armanice(m): 3:41am On Jan 16, 2015
From "Sony Ericsson" to "Sony"
From "Sony Ericsson" to "Sony"
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by gemiclem(m): 4:37am On Jan 16, 2015
hehe
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by Warlord3000(m): 5:49am On Jan 16, 2015
I think it's a normal thing in businesses.. Sometimes you get a high turn over and other times a very low one..
Just have to tweak and find the right formula..
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by laykhorn(m): 6:59am On Jan 16, 2015
God knows... Sony Xperia is the best phone brand in the world to me. Let them just do something to make that brand float

1 Like

Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by xreal: 9:21am On Jan 16, 2015
Leon2036:
limme jor, nah me start am?
both of you no serious.

meanwhile, I just left SONY for TECNO.
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by 100Cents: 9:50am On Jan 16, 2015
They are not getting something right. Why should they be making losses ?

I believe there is nobody who won't want to have a Sony device..

They are very durable and last long.
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by martineverest(m): 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
Dat y its good to have microsoft as a partner;google doesnt care.if they were to be microsoft partner,microsoft would have interferred into the situation,and help in reviving xperia line....sony and htc make the best android phones.i ll really miss dem
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by Leon2036(m): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
xreal:

both of you no serious.

meanwhile, I just left SONY for TECNO.
lol pipo wey serious dey uselu
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by ddjay: 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by akashi01(m): 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
martineverest:
Dat y its good to have microsoft as a partner;google doesnt care.if they were to be microsoft partner,microsoft would have interferred into the situation,and help in reviving xperia line....sony and htc make the best android phones.i ll really miss dem
google should help how...bros it seems you don't know business
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by xtervaganza(m): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
100Cents:
They are not getting something right. Why should they be making losses ?

I believe there is nobody who won't want to have a Sony device..

They are very durable and last long.
durable and the glass at the back cracks when the phone heats up? Lol

You can google what I just said sha
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by lilmax(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
xtervaganza:

so which Sony phone are you talking about here?
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by 100Cents: 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
xtervaganza:

They said their TV segment is also making losses. For me, TV and DVD no exceed SONY and SHARP.

When you have one, you will confess. 20 Years, you haven't visited a technician..

I have not used a Sony made phone..
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by xtervaganza(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
lilmax:
so which Sony phone are you talking about here?
z1 & 2
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by xtervaganza(m): 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
100Cents:

They said their TV segment is also making losses. For me, TV and DVD no exceed SONY and SHARP.

When you have one, you will confess. 20 Years, you haven't visited a technician..

I have not used a Sony made phone..
Sony have always been quality. their phones are pretty good in the eyes but that's it. O have a friend with Sony xperia z1 and the phone gave the guy hell and the glass cracked on its own without falling
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by martineverest(m): 10:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mr business man...microsoft is fond of helping falling companies dat produces hardware for its software especially when dey re folding up.dey help in resurrecting dem...google is always all about itselft...htc,lg,samsung are facing same problems.
akashi01:
google should help how...bros it seems you don't know business
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by akashi01(m): 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
martineverest:
Mr business man...microsoft is fond of helping falling companies dat produces hardware for its software especially when dey re folding up.dey help in resurrecting dem...google is always all about itselft...htc,lg,samsung are facing same problems.
please tell me how they do that...and give me correct instances, while doing your research also know that Microsoft has been sued many times for aggressive competition......please I'm waiting for the outcome of your research, Thank You!
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by ddjay: 6:25am On Jan 30, 2015
Phase 2 Job Cuts

Nikkei is reporting that Sony is planning to cut an additional 1,000 employees within Sony Mobile in a drive to bring the division back into profit. The job cuts are
mainly expected to land in Europe and China.
These job cuts are on top of the 1,000 job cuts that Sony announced in October 2014. The workforce will shrink to 5,000 by March 2016. Further details on the job
cuts are expected when releases its quarterly results update on 4 February 2015.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/01/27/report-sony-to-cut-a-further-1000-jobs-within-smartphone-business/
Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by Baroba(m): 8:14am On Jan 30, 2015
Too many rivals offering cheaper devices is killing Sony mobile.. Apart from Samsung and off late LG, most android OEM are struggling including HTC..

Even Samsung are not selling that much device as before, Chinese competitors especially Xiaomi are eating deep into their profits.

Its a dog eat dog out there..

1 Like

Re: The End Of Sony Xperia Is Near by bahadurhussain(m): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2015
I would hate to lose Sony Experia from the phone market, it's a wonderful phone with great screens and colorful display. It's not a good news.

(1) (Reply)

Hot!!! Gionee S11 Lite Review - 4gb + 32gb Ram Phone Under 35,000 / Be Careful Buying Phones Here / A Gay Song In Every Iphone As A Gift From Apple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.