Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola (31677 Views)

Constitutional Lawyer, Fred Agbaje Is Dead / Agbaje’ll Soon Be Declared Lagos Gov – PDP / Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by gift01: 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
At 58, Jimi Agbaje of PDP is too old to govern Lagos. So says the sitting governor, Babatunde Fashola. What do you say then to his party's (APC) presidential candidate whose 73?

LAGOS State governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola, on Wednesday, tasked Lagos residents not to vote the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate, Mr Jimi Agbaje, because he is too old to rule the state.

He said his party’s candidate, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, has age advantage to carry on with the task from where he would leave governance in May 29.

Also, the national leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu, enjoined the people not to vote Agbaje, who he said could not manage his personal business well.

Both Fashola and Tinubu spoke on Wednesday, at the Lagos West senatorial campaign of the APC governorship candidate, Mr Akinwumi Ambode, which took place at Sky Power Play Ground, beside the Nigeria Police Headquarters, Ikeja.

Agbaje will be 58 years on March 2, having been born in 1957.

Fashola, who did not mention name while addressing the crowd consisting of leadership of the party, said it was Ambode that had the wherewitthal to govern Lagos as a young, successful accountant.

According to Fashola, the task of governing Lagos State was daunting and needed vigour on the part of the person at the helm of affairs, recalling that in 2007 when he took over governance at age 44, he could count the number of grey hair on his head.

“Today, at 52, I am counting the number of black hair on my head. Akinwunmi Ambode is the man that can do it. If you put an old man there, he cannot do it. If you call him in the night, he may not pick your calls,” he warned.

Fashola described the PDP as termites, always ready to destroy everything they laid their hands upon, while describing them further as worse than Ebola virus.

Addressing the gathering, Tinubu, while expressing appreciation to God for making him discover Fashola and now Ambode as talents suitable to rule Lagos, said Ambode as the APC candidate was arrived at based on clamour by youths in Lagos who, he said, demanded they wanted another youth like Fashola.

Tinubu said true to the promise he made, Fashola had not disappointed the people of Lagos, adding that his tenure in office could be described as eight years of unbroken promises.

He called on the people to vote for change by sending President Goodluck Jonathan packing in February poll.

Tinubu said Lagos was not ready for any experiment, recalling that the PDP governorship candidate, Agbaje, was with them in the Alliance for Democracy (AD), but was defeated by better candidates in the party’s governorship primaries ahead 2007 poll.

He also recalled that Agbaje rejected the offer of deputy governorship of defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) before he defected to contest on the platform of Democratic Party Alliance (DPA) and lost to Fashola in the general election.

In his address, the APC governorship candidate, Ambode, said it was certain that the party would win the coming election, promising to run a government that would not descriminate among the ethnic nationalities in the state if voted into office in February.
Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/26703-agbaje-too-old-to-rule-lagos-fashola

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by ElFenomeno1: 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
gift01:
At 58, Jimi Agbaje of PDP is too old to govern Lagos. So says the sitting governor, Babatunde Fashola. What do you say then to his party's (APC) presidential candidate whose 73?
Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/26703-agbaje-too-old-to-rule-lagos-fashola

Dont be daft.... Ruling a state is not the same as ruling a country.

But at the end of the day, age shouldnt be an issue...... Competency, leadership and experience should be key

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Collynzo9: 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
That is APC's hypocrisy for you.

180 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by gift01: 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

But at the end of the day, age shouldnt be an issue...... Competency, leadership and experience should be key
Then why is Fashola playing the 'age' card and not looking out for Jimi's competence? Read the link pls. I didn't make this up myself

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
This is a joke

8 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Youngandactive: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
just shun violence in the coming election

join the campaign on twitter @YoungAndActiveN

Say no to election violence, Rigging and fraud

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by ichidodo: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
I'm having a laugh....this must be the issue based campaign APC were whining the PDP stick to. Perhaps we should touch light the small matter of Ambode's origins in Ese Odo Ondo state for starts?.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by 1stola: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
I dont agree with BRF on this.
It is not that i really like APC, they are just a better option
The problem with PDP?
The may look like 1diots and touts,
Talks like an 1diot and a tout but,
Dont let that deceive you coz, they really are 1diots and touts

IN CONCLUSION
I can't afford to vote for anybody from PDP.
Sai Buhari and Ambode till Jimi Agbaje joins ANOTHER party

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Quaritch(m): 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
grin
Yes, PDP can't handle their own medicine? grin

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by johnwizey: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
I refuse to comment

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by mencade4: 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
fashola u r a fooool.

that means buhari the illiterate is too old too.

125 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by okotv(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
this one is strong. I think leadership shouldn't really be about age but the state of the mind. Although Agbaje should forget it cause he can't win Lagos.

Ambode all the way

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Aitee1: 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
How old is his presidential candidate

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by elantraceey(f): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
Who said governance is dependent on age?

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by wheredemdey: 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
How old was tinubu when he became governor??

How old is amosun..ajimobi,aregbe etc...

APCShit and hypocrisy

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by CCsurplus007(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
Then buhari should be methuselah

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by GovWahala: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
Fashola the only APshit man I respect for his achievement. But this statement right here just Disqualified Buhari cos he is a frail Grandpa.
GEJ till 2019!

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Samguine: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
Shyte is getting real day by day

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Sweetlemon(f): 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hehehehehehehe

Baba Fash!

Maybe he's just giving PDP a taste of their medicine. The Fash I know is not that petty.

6 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Nutase: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
WAFPI on patrol.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by papaejima1: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
Ok.
How about a 72 year old WASC Holder?

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Booty4me: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
Saibuhari.

17 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by hazyfm1: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by coolhamid(m): 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
Age is not a factor in the determination of a good leader...
Mr fashola, Reagan was 68 when he became United states president , he is regarded as one of America's finest leader during his reign....

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
Fashola fall my hand on this grin grin

BTW sai Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by ojofree: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Really?? Did you think before you typed?...which is more difficult to govern...Nation or State?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Isiterere(m): 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
BRF goofed on this one.
Stop playing dirty like PDP
AMBODE all the way...
ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by gift01: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
In politics, they are neither permanent friends or enemies. Lets stop the insult. We can have different views but respect our stand point. Pls stop this APC vs PDP e-war!

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
But Buhari is not too old to rule Nigeria abi?
I'm a buhari fan tho o but this coming from Fashola doesn't make sense at all.
I won't be biased.

#SaiBuhari
#TeamGMB/Osibanjo
#TeamChange

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg / Atiku & Secondus Sign Peace Accord (pictures) / Vincent Ayigor Sentenced To 175-Year Jail Term For Duping American Of $629,287

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.