Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,263 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

How To Beat Website Page Speed Tools - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Beat Website Page Speed Tools (971 Views)

A Nairalander Is Set To Beat Facebook / How To Check And Improve Website Page Load Speed Using The Google Webpage Speed / How To Optimize Wordpress Page Speed And Load Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Beat Website Page Speed Tools by seoconsultant(m): 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hey have you been so frustrated on how poorly your site has been loading?
Well its kinda funny to me because am sure you are aware (if not partially) that a site
loading speed is kind of old news and if you are beating around the bush about it then you should tru some of this
tools to help you.
tools.pingdom.com/ftp
gtmetrix.com
webpagetest.org
google page speed insight (google it to get direct link)

Now if you visit each of them they all will give you their respective results, using their yardstick to measure what is good or bad on your webpage.

There is a saying that every seconds your website drags behind to load a content equals a higher tendency that the visitor will close their browser.

So after you must have execute the test tools do not be alarmed on the results, but rather save the results, capture them or save the urls.
I will offer you some links that I use to perform a simple case study on our website, because apart from user testing, A/B Split testing, you need to also test page speed.
So we embark on the documentation of our results as we performed website page speed optimization, in other to beat the website page speed tools please follow this link and read through all the chapters(broken the process into easier steps for you to follow and the final chapter on our site final results).
INTRODUCTION http://olatunjiadetunji.seowebanalyst.com/entry.php?id=25

FINAL RESULT http://olatunjiadetunji.seowebanalyst.com/entry.php?id=29

A SAMPLE RESULT OF ONE OF THE TOOL BEFORE OPTIMIZATION AND AFTER OPTIMIZATION

Re: How To Beat Website Page Speed Tools by soldierdollar(m): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2015
seoconsultant:
Hey have you been so frustrated on how poorly your site has been loading?
Well its kinda funny to me because am sure you are aware (if not partially) that a site
loading speed is kind of old news and if you are beating around the bush about it then you should tru some of this
tools to help you.
tools.pingdom.com/ftp
gtmetrix.com
webpagetest.org
google page speed insight (google it to get direct link)

Now if you visit each of them they all will give you their respective results, using their yardstick to measure what is good or bad on your webpage.

There is a saying that every seconds your website drags behind to load a content equals a higher tendency that the visitor will close their browser.

So after you must have execute the test tools do not be alarmed on the results, but rather save the results, capture them or save the urls.
I will offer you some links that I use to perform a simple case study on our website, because apart from user testing, A/B Split testing, you need to also test page speed.
So we embark on the documentation of our results as we performed website page speed optimization, in other to beat the website page speed tools please follow this link and read through all the chapters(broken the process into easier steps for you to follow and the final chapter on our site final results).
INTRODUCTION http://olatunjiadetunji.seowebanalyst.com/entry.php?id=25

FINAL RESULT http://olatunjiadetunji.seowebanalyst.com/entry.php?id=29

A SAMPLE RESULT OF ONE OF THE TOOL BEFORE OPTIMIZATION AND AFTER OPTIMIZATION

Your URL is longer than river Nile . are u proud of it ?
Re: How To Beat Website Page Speed Tools by moderatorr1: 12:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
soldierdollar:

Your URL is longer than river Nile . are u proud of it ?
you are wicked walahi!
lol
Re: How To Beat Website Page Speed Tools by dazekid(m): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
I thought this was supposed to be a "How to" and not a showoff thread. Specify your optimization methods coz from what I can see, your website page size reduced by about half and so did the load time, I am inclined to think you just took off some of the heavier images and content on your homepage is all. If what you did differs from this then I am all ears.
Re: How To Beat Website Page Speed Tools by seoconsultant(m): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
dazekid:
I thought this was supposed to be a "How to" and not a showoff thread. Specify your optimization methods coz from what I can see, your website page size reduced by about half and so did the load time, I am inclined to think you just took off some of the heavier images and content on your homepage is all. If what you did differs from this then I am all ears.

You can follow the link to read more on it.
@Soldierdollar I am proud of my link at least it is not as long as some other ones out there.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Receive Adsense Earnings Wit First Bank Naira Savings / My New Wordpress Blog On Classic Cars In Nigeria / Blog/website For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.