Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. (1659 Views)

PDP Will Pardon Amaechi, Wamakko If They Apologise / "gej Is A Political Problem To Nigeria – Whether He Wins Or Loses", -ex-nba Boss / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. by Gennyz(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2008
National Chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Vincent Ogbulafor, has reiterated that the party was poised to rule the country for at least 60 years.

According to him, this had become apparent because of the good policies and programmes of the party.

Ogbulafor spoke on Thursday in Kaduna when he led some members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party to the Kaduna State Governor, Mohammed Sambo, at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House, Kaduna to commiserate with the people of the state over the death of an elder statesman, Yahaya Gusau.

He affirmed that the party, being the largest political party in Africa, would ensure that it continued to fashion out modalities that would make it the most acceptable and best performing party in the continent.

Said he: "We assure you we will do our best, and like I always say, the challenge is ours. The time is now and the place is here. PDP will rule Nigeria, whether they like it or not, for not less than 60 years."

Ogbulafor further stated that the death of Gusau was shocking and irreparable, describing him as an eminent son of the nation.

He also commiserated with the state government on the recent inferno that engulfed a destitute home along Kano road in the heart of the metropolis which claimed the lives of seven people.

Responding, Sambo expressed gratitude for the concern showed by the party on the calamity that befell the destitute home, assuring that "the state government will do its best to cater for the wellbeing of the victims."

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/head/article04
Re: PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. by oderemo(m): 11:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
in your dreams matey.
Re: PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. by SkyBlue1: 12:25am On Dec 20, 2008
ode remo:

in your dreams matey.

Really? And who is going to stop them? I hope we are not all putting hope on passing comments like "in your dreams" as the antithesis to bad governance and corruption as opposed to having thought out plans to accomplish set goals. No offence intended at all but your comment just reminds me of when Yar Adua speaking on the Jos carnage apparently "vowed" that nothing like that would happen again (without any forseeable actions or plans articulated on his path to prevent such from occuring again). I guess the whole world was meant to fall into order and such carnage abolished because Yar Adua said so. All these sppeches without actions seem futile and unfortunately the only people that seem to be acting with such zeal are the corrupt in Nigeria.
Re: PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. by oderemo(m): 12:34am On Dec 20, 2008
in politics , it has a calculation that defies common sense . now lets look back to how many political parties we have had in nigeria , upga, npp,npn, gnpp,etc, etc the thing is will pdp last longer than OBJ and its financers . the answer is no. money will change hands that is why it is called CURRENCY .so does politics. let wait and see.PDP is a dead living duck.
Re: PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. by SkyBlue1: 12:41am On Dec 20, 2008
ode remo:

in politics , it has a calculation that defies common sense . now lets look back to how many political parties we have had in nigeria , upga, npp,npn, gnpp,etc, etc the thing is will pdp last longer than OBJ and its financers . the answer is no. money will change hands that is why it is called CURRENCY .so does politics. let wait and see.PDP is a dead living duck.

Oh, i see. So you were not suggesting some sort of progressive from the status quo, what you were basically saying was that the era of bad governance and hence slavery and corruption and retrogression will continue but just possibly under a different name.
Re: PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. by bigerboy200: 8:25am On Dec 10, 2015
SkyBlue1:

Really? And who is going to stop them? I hope we are not all putting hope on passing comments like "in your dreams" as the antithesis to bad governance and corruption as opposed to having thought out plans to accomplish set goals. No offence intended at all but your comment just reminds me of when Yar Adua speaking on the Jos carnage apparently "vowed" that nothing like that would happen again (without any forseeable actions or plans articulated on his path to prevent such from occuring again). I guess the whole world was meant to fall into order and such carnage abolished because Yar Adua said so. All these sppeches without actions seem futile and unfortunately the only people that seem to be acting with such zeal are the corrupt in Nigeria.
I'm glad this statement of Ogbulafor has bin destroyed by APC... SAI CHANGE...
Re: PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:16am On Dec 10, 2015
It's a sleep of togue. Probably what he meant was 16. 16 and 60 sound alike.
Re: PDP Will Rule Nigeria, Whether They Like It Or Not, For Not Less Than 60 Years. by simiife: 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
hehehehe,I canor laff,60 yrs my foot

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Moladun(Baba Suwe's Wife) Dead? / Yar'adua In Near Vegetative State - Oyedepo Aide Reveals- Liberty News, Abuja / Efcc Protects Lagos “big Boy”, Sunday Akinyemi, From Extradition To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.