Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times (35682 Views)

Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES / Ambode Wins Lagos Governorship Election, Succeeds Fashola / Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by obyrich(m): 7:04am On Jan 17, 2015
okiezman:
Agbaje all the way. We believe in agbaje he has proved it for real

Tinubu is a fool

Fashola is a stooge

Pdp all the way

Together we will make the country better

Not those that wanna stabilise oil benchmark themselves..
Your last line reminds me of Idi Amin's idea of printing more currency notes to curb inflation in Uganda. Dumping a shoeless President for a certificateless one will be jumping from frying pan to fire!

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by adaweezy(m): 7:04am On Jan 17, 2015
maestroferddi:
Don't forget what the pundits say...

watch as events unfold
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by adaweezy(m): 7:08am On Jan 17, 2015
maestroferddi:
You lack objectivity, I am sorry to point out.

Godswill Akpabio, Sullivan Chime and Sule Lamido are all celebrated PDP governors. They are reference points for delivery of the dividends of democracy.

So what exactly are you talking about?

Chime Nd Lamido almost left PDP...
Lamido has abandoned Jonathan sef
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by Wilife: 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hmmmm.....Interesting times...Lagos on the front burner. I like Jimi (JK) and like you all said....he is undoubtedly very articulate and intelligent. Probably will always be referred to as the governor Lagos never had.

I think he made a mistake not staying in APC at the beginning. There is a way time and chance plays against individuals. I'm sure if he stayed he would have had a chance to prove his mettle in politics and probably have a shot at the governorship position now.

Joining PDP to me was a sign of desperation. His ideas and personality does not fit with the clowns (Ogunlewe, George and Obanikoro) in Lagos PDP. Frankly, I don't know how he plans to govern Lagos without distractions with those 3 in his vicinity....It won't just work...

Populist ideas like scrapping of the toll gate is good but won't take him too far.

Unfortunately for him...he is running against a very sound and tested guy - Ambode whose accounting and finance background will play a pivotal role in the face of economic crisis hitting Nigeria.

In all....JK is a very good candidate and will split the votes well but Ambode will probably win by a slim margin.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by SenatorJames(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
Let the best candidate wins.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by fairheven: 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
timmy7:

Rubbish! The same double standard that didnt work in 2011: vote for the person not the the party abi Vote for fashola of apc, vote for Jonathan of pdp we know where that lead us as a nation, so we should do that again in 2015 Vote jimi of pdp, vote buhari of apc. Una no go ever learn!

Bros! Why your blood dey hot?...I beg take "kunu"...like it or not at the end you are voting an individual not a party...a party is just "a vehicle"to access power,that's wy politicians always abandon party's manifesto and become more powerful than the party tge moment they cling to power..ask yasef ,jonathan an PDP who is more powerful?
And if we have" independent" candidates,who cares about party?
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by hermesprogidy(m): 11:31am On Jan 19, 2015
Living on Lagos Island is a none starter here ( I live in Lekki Phase One by the way) The issue here is Agbaje's poor understanding of the fundamentals of Politics and power play. One fundamental rule of power is that you should never show your hand to the enemy. The Lekki toll gates is not a problem for the generality of Lagosians and the majority of electorates in Lagos may not be on the same berth with him on the importance of cancelling toll fees , as they do not use it anyway. It could easily be perceived as an elitist comment by people in places like Ajegunle, Surulere et al. If anything, Agbaje has only succeeded in showing APC his hands and will only resolve the will of stakeholders of the toll gates (known and unknown) to ensure that he does not win the election. My mentioning of LASTMA was only intended as an analogy. I think Agbaje should only focus on issues that concern ALL Lagosians. The toll gate thing is just another dumb comment from him.
dumodust:

do you live in lekki/ajah/epe axis..? ... If you dont, it's best not to comment... how's Lastma comparable to lekki concession company, a private firm with tinubu links
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by mbulela: 9:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
naijababe:
I love Fashola o but mehn if I was going to vote I'd be voting Jimi Agbaje. These days in naija politics one should vote individuals and not along party lines.
You want to replace one baba sope with another who is an ex-convict in addition?
I like jimi for no obvious reason but as long as body George's lurking in the background, it is no show.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2015
mbulela:

You want to replace one baba sope with another who is an ex-convict in addition?
I like jimi for no obvious reason but as long as body George's lurking in the background, it is no show.

What you talking about Willis? I needed to be reminded about the convict and I changed my story. I'mma kick your ar5e for not reading my second post ninja angry
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by mbulela: 4:57am On Jan 22, 2015
naijababe:

What you talking about Willis? I needed to be reminded about the convict and I changed my story. I'mma kick your ar5e for not reading my second post ninja angry
Is that your subtle way of telling me that you've missed me? Who has been hiding sef? You or me?
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times by dridowu: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
Akpan107:
APC will lose Lagos State.

PDP will restore ur freedom!!!

Lagos will be better.

Jimi till 2023.
Hw market ? Any news about Jimi till 2023 ?

How President Buhari Was Welcomed In Washington DC / Three Soldiers Killed, 8 Others Injured In Gunfight With Boko Haram (photos) / Nine Nigerian Politicians Married To Judges