Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player (8182 Views)

Top 5 Features Of VLC Media Player You Probably Don't Know / How To Extract Audio File From Video File Using VLC Media Player / How To Convert, Resize And Cut Videos With VLC Media Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by dhsfbi(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2015
Vlc player is undoubtedly one of the best media player around, it is not only available for Pc but also for mobile devices. To many people, vlc is only use for watching videos... But to me, it is more than just for watching videos and i will open your eyes to three among other unique features of Vlc media player.
VLC Media Player
Now, before i proceed with those features of Vlc, i will like to Welcome you all to year 2015 and to say a big thank you for been part of our 2014. To all readers and their love ones of rasaqtechblog, May the good times & treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow. I wish you a Happiest New Year with lots of love, joy and happiness.
EXTRACT AUDIO FILE FROM ANY VIDEO FILE
By the end of this sub-topic, you will be compel to agree with me that playing video or audio is not the only uses of vlc media player. Normally, you need an audio extracting software/program to extract an audio/mp3 file from any video, but from now on, with the help of vlc you just have to follow the below simple steps to get there.

Fire up your Vlc player
At the top left hand corner of the application, locate and click on media
From the drop-down menu from media,locate and click on "Convert/Save" or just combine the CTRL key and R(CTRL+R)
From the new pop up window, click on the "file" tab , click on the add button and select the video file you wish to extract its audio, then click on the "Convert/Save" button at the buttom right corner of the window
A new window will pop up named Convert, locate and click on profile, scroll down the drop-down options and choose Audio-MP3, choose the location you want the file to be extracted to and click on start
Finally, wait for the extraction to complete and you will have the audio file at your chosen location

USE VIDEO AS YOUR DESKTOP WALLPAPER
You might be wondering what the F*C* is this one talking about, but at the end of this post you will know.

Fire up your VLC player
Locate and click on Tools from the tabs at the top of the app, click on preferences
A new window will pop up, click on the video tab on the left side of vlc and select output as DirectX video output
Save and reset VLC media player. But if you are using the latest version of vlc, you do need to go through all this stress just start from below steps.
Open the video you want to use as wallpaper, right click on the video screen, go to Video and enable the Set as Wallpaper option
The video is now set as your wallpaper, but to remove the video as your wallpaper, go back to vlc and disable the Set as Wallpaper option.

SCREEN RECORDER
This is another unique feature of VLC that most of us don't know about. To record your Pc screen, you need a screen recorder software, but if you do not have any at that time Vlc can do the job.

You should know by now that the first step is to open your Vlc player
Click on Media>>Convert/Save>>Capture Device
Locate "Capture mode" and choose desktop from the drop-down options
Choose your desired output format and destination you want the file to be saved into, click on start to commence the recording and Stop to Terminate recording.

Source: http://www.rasaqtech.com/2015/01/three-awesome-things-you-can-do-with.html#ixzz3P3fqFnng

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:49am On Jan 17, 2015
Great... I was not aware of these functions before now, thanks OP
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by zyzxx(m): 7:02am On Jan 17, 2015
Woa Ooooo
Thanks bro
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by ITbomb(m): 7:31am On Jan 17, 2015
Apart from that, vlc is the best in handling subtitle files, just rename the file and put it in the same folder as the video file and it will appear when you playy
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by yorex2011: 7:31am On Jan 17, 2015
Nice
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by ayogabriel(m): 7:38am On Jan 17, 2015
Thanks OP, you just saved me space on my laptop, and mb on phone. I have been trying to get screen recorder all through the week, thanks bro.
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by Sijo01(f): 8:24am On Jan 17, 2015
Read theory, practical mood activated.
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 17, 2015
NIce
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by ewosk: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2015
nice op....Vlc is better by far to other video players
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by dgitrader(m): 11:38am On Jan 18, 2015
Op is just too much. This is very useful. U can also wacht a full lenght movie or series in a shorter time , just by slightly increasing the 'playback speed'
Mods what are u waiting for? This should be in frontpage.
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by AIT1(m): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
Nice one @ OP
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
Thanks op for this information. I like Vlc player, I had difficulty watching some disc on my pc when I used other programmes, but with vlc almost all disc I slut in works.
***********Pls I would like to know how to economise my data on my pc. I love browsing with my laptop pc but data is holding me back. If you can help me pls dont hesitate to do so.
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by dhsfbi(m): 11:50pm On Jan 19, 2015
eesy:
Thanks op for this information. I like Vlc player, I had difficulty watching some disc on my pc when I used other programmes, but with vlc almost all disc I slut in works.
***********Pls I would like to know how to economise my data on my pc. I love browsing with my laptop pc but data is holding me back. If you can help me pls dont hesitate to do so.
You might want to consider installing adblockplus on your browser to prevent unwanted advertisment, automatic playing video when you visit a website e.t.c. And if you have an Android device, you can easily use Glo BIS on it by changing its imei and tether to your Pc.
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by rago(m): 10:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
ITbomb:
Apart from that, vlc is the best in handling subtitle files, just rename the file and put it in the same folder as the video file and it will appear when you playy

sir, i dnt get. u mean i cud obtain subtitle files on VLC even for movies that do ot originaly come with subtitle?
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by ITbomb(m): 2:08am On Jan 22, 2015
rago:

sir, i dnt get. u mean i cud obtain subtitle files on VLC even for movies that do ot originaly come with subtitle?
Yes, your downloaded subtitle file will appear on the movie or series once they have the same name and in the same folder/location. Both in Windows or Android version of vlc
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by dhsfbi(m): 4:52am On Jan 22, 2015
ITbomb:

Yes, your downloaded subtitle file will appear on the movie or series once they have the same name and in the same folder/location. Both in Windows or Android version of vlc
You can get subtitle files at www.subscene.com
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by luyemee(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
Pls guys, if I do d glo bis my bb curve 7 and tether it with my windows phone would it work?
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by blessedvisky(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
pls I sometimes use my vlc player on PC to play songs. pks how can I get it to repeat the same song again?? I don't know how to do this. I often have to replay a song to listen to it again pks help
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by danielgod(m): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
blessedvisky:
pls I sometimes use my vlc player on PC to play songs. pks how can I get it to repeat the same song again?? I don't know how to do this. I often have to replay a song to listen to it again pks help
There is a repeat button very close to the play and next buttons.
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by ddddon(m): 1:02am On Jan 30, 2015
I wonder why this have not made front page yet. But if its about self serving it will fly to front page
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
Interesting !!!!!!
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by toxiflam: 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
Vlc saving PC users from the pains inflicted by WMPlayer.
Anyway, Practical mood activated.
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by smartty68(m): 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2015
Nice Thread
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by tinapanpan: 10:57am On Feb 03, 2015
Great. Thanks a lot.
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by caboltx(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
Can I use vlc to extract the instrumentals of a music or is there a software 4 dat?
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by chachanga: 2:20am On Feb 09, 2015
u, sir, are onPoint wth tthose gr8 tips, been using 1 &3 meself for a while; but ya won't happen to know how to achieve the CrossFading Enhancement effect of Windows Media Player on VLC?

that one thing falls my hand with vlc plus No Video splitting / Joining; methinks dem suppose don code that aspect in this new upgrades nah angry?

btw; using tha latest version and wouldn't ditch for 1001 wmplayers, great app!
Re: Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player by Nuclearact: 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
ewosk:
nice op....Vlc is better by far to other video players
Seconded

(1) (Reply)

When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? / How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks / How Can I Remove Recycler Virus??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.