Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,590 members, 7,847,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:57 PM

Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) (615 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) by ParrotNG: 10:08am On Jan 17, 2015
Benjamin Adenekan turned down his Car Air-Conditioner as he drove through the deserted streets of Lagos Island on his way home. Though it was just 8pm, it was pouring so heavily that one could assume it was well past midnight. As Ben turned into a tiny street that led to a shortcut to his place, his BlackBerry beeped.

New Message:
He slowed down and reached into his pocket. He frowned as soon as he saw who it was from; Kourtney. Ben sighed deeply as he recalled all the stress he´d been through in his 6 months marriage. Kourtney Steel, which was now Kourtney Steel Adenekan, was Black American, and from one of the richest and most influential family in the country. Her Billioniare father owned chains of Oil Companies scattered all over the world. Ben had met Kourtney at the University Of Ghana where he had been studying on scholarship and in his final year and after dating her for few months, he had proposed. The wedding had been out of this world; It took place in one of the biggest Hotels in Paris. His Father-in-law was, of course, the main sponsor. Then, they had a 1 week honeymoon in Italy in a very expensive Pent-house. It was heaven on earth.

However, after they returned to Nigeria, everything started falling apart. Ben started to see Kourtney for what she was; a brat, a spoilt rotten immature brat, a daddy´s girl.
As soon as Kourtney abandoned her Daddy´s name and left his massive Duplex in Banana Island for her middle class husband´s flat in Ikeja, she literally went ballistic. She didn’t understand why her husband couldn’t take her touring around the world on her birthday. She didn’t understand why he was driving a 2012 Land-rover when she was cruising in her Lamborghini Murcielago that her daddy had gotten her on her birthday. She didn’t understand why he couldn’t get her the 1.2 million dollar Armani dress that she had spotted in a boutique in Italy... Or maybe she just did NOT want to understand...

Ben was tired of explaining to Miss I-get-everything-i-want-when-i-want that everyone wasn’t basking in money and not everyone owned 5 different bank accounts like her. After rows upon rows between the newly-weds, Kourtney had emptied one of her accounts and moved them into a 6-Bedroom duplex in Victoria Island that, according to her, was much more befitting to her status.
Now, people were starting to wonder who the husband in the marriage was...
Lost in these thoughts, Ben was no longer focused on the road, trying to read Kourtney´s message about some wedding coming up when...
Ben heard a loud scream in front of him...
He hit his brakes immediately, his phone crashing to the floor...
Then...everywhere was silent...
Benjamin pushed open his car door as the thunder rumbled and crashed. As soon as he stepped out into the down-pour,he noticed her...
She was in a black long skirt and a skin-tight black shirt. Her unkempt hair was glued to her face and she shivered as the rained soaked her entire body down to her marrows.

``Are you okay?´´ Ben began, studying her. There was no way this girl was more than 16.
She nodded. ``I...I..I´m s..ss..sorry...I wasn’t watching´´ she replied in a tiny voice.
Ben nodded. ``What are you doing here? Where are your parents? They must be so worried´´
She nodded curtly and stood aside, wrapping her arms around her body as the rain got heavier.
He watched her for a while and then, went back into his car. He started the engine and wound up the window, noticing she hadn’t moved. He tried to push that aside as he started his engine and started to drive away...
Then...he looked back at her with his mirror... she was still there...just standing...looking...
Ben sighed and...without thinking...reversed and went back to her...
He opened the door and she looked at him...
``Get in´´
She didn’t move...instead she stared at him, and he finally saw fear written all over her...
``You can trust me, I want to help you, please, get in´´ he stated.
She hesitated, then went around and got in...

``Ben! Jeez, where the heck have you been? It was starting to get late!´´ Kourtney started as soon as her husband walked into their bedroom
``Dont start, Kourt. Don´t.´´ Ben simply replied, flinging his briefcase onto his reading table.
Kourtney pouted like a child. ``But..´´
Just then, there was a knock. ``WHO THE HELL IS THAT??´´ Kourt hollered in her usual loud manner.

Their maid, Mary, opened the door. ``Sir, I just wanted to ask which room to take our guest´´
Kourtney´s blue eyes widened. ``Woah, what guest?´´
``Put her in any room. Mary. As long as she´s comfortable´´ Ben replied.
Bella left and Kourtney spun around to face him. ``Whats going on?´´she asked
`` I met this girl,Kourt...picked her up...´´
``WHAAAT?Benjamin! What girl??´´
``Would you quit yelling!´´
Kourtney stared at him with her killer gaze, pushed past him and headed downstairs, her full yet fake human hair bouncing all about till she got down, almost bumping into the girl. Kourtney took a good survey of her; She was tall and thin with terrible fashion sense, according to her.
``Hey, there´´ Kourt said coldly
``Evening, Ma´am´´ she answered
That ticked Kourtney off. ```Ma´am? I´m 24, I´m no ma´am´´ She snapped.
``Kourt, cut it out.´´ Ben warned, as he descended the stairs.
The girl kept mute. Ben turned to her. ``Come with me´´
``And where do you think you´re taking that stranger to?´´ Kourt asked.
``Kourtney, would you please shut up!´´ Ben commanded, losing his temper. Stunned, Kourtney walked away...

Ben watched as the teenager settled into her room. It had finally stopped raining but it was so cold...
``Do you need anything else?´´ He chirped in
``No,thank you,sir´´
He nodded. ``Can I ask you some questions?´´
She nodded as Ben sat beside her.``What´s your name?´´
``Wuraola´´...

Watch out for Next Episode

For a chance to win a gift, Kindly drop your comments Thank you.

(C) ParrotNG 2015

Re: Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) by tattesco(m): 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
Gift. Ow do I do dat?
Re: Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) by Sheenor: 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
Wow!....that's nice...awaiting episode two.
Re: Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) by ParrotNG: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
@tattesco Kindly bear it in mind that Wuraola is a series so is my other story - The Warning. As soon as the story ends, there is going to be a very simple quiz, very simple I mean (on the stories) and the winner walks away smiling. *fingerscrossed* *winks*
Re: Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) by ParrotNG: 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
@Sheenor Thank you so much. Well I'm just trying. Thanks for the encouragement. Salute!!!
Re: Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) by Sheenor: 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
You welcome bro......keep 'em coming, one love
Re: Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) by tattesco(m): 7:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
Ok then. Keep the ball rolling. Pls read my story via my signature thanks
Re: Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) by dammyluv911(f): 3:08am On Jan 18, 2015
dis is nyc kip it up
Re: Wuraola (Iminem Asuquo) by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 18, 2015
Ride on..

(1) (Reply)

Where To Download Novels Free Online / 3 Amazing Nigerian Kid Authors / Latest New From The Stable Of The Society Of Young Nigerian Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.