Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Why Do Our Doctrines Disagree? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Our Doctrines Disagree? (646 Views)

Disagree If U Want But ISIS Does Not Represent Muslims. / Before I Die,I'll Destroy Certain Deeper Life Doctrines I Set Up–Pastor Kumuyi / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Our Doctrines Disagree? by efficiencie(m): 11:18am On Jan 17, 2015
1 Corinthians 1:10
My dear friends, as a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ, I beg you to get along with each other. Don't take sides. Always try to agree in what you think. (CEV)

This is the plea of Paul to all Christians. We live in an era of wild and exciting doctrines that APPEAR to conflict and there's the tendency for Christians to take sides with the teachings of their HIGHLY REVERED TEACHER...and we fail to AGREE!

There's only one TEACHER, one COUNSELLOR, one BISHOP, one SHEPHERD, one MASTER, one PROPHET and one LORD who is Jesus Christ (Matthew 23:8-10; 1 Peter 2:25; Deuteronomy 18:15; Isaiah 9:6) and the revelation of the Lord Jesus by way of any spiritual gift in any person defines that person.

A person is an apostle because the APOSTLE, Jesus Christ, is revealed in that person. A person is a prophet because the PROPHET, Jesus Christ, is revealed in that person. A person is a teacher because the TEACHER, Jesus Christ, is revealed in that person...hence no matter how great a minister is, if the MINISTER, Jesus Christ, is not revealed in him then that ministry is a SPIRITUAL SCAM!

Thus we must be the BEREAN JEWS who did not just SWALLOW teachings, prophecy and other ministrations hook, line and sinker but rather examined the ministrations by communing with Jesus Christ, the MINISTER, in prayer, fasting and study! (Acts 17:10-11)

If we all LISTENED to our pastors, teachers, prophets and ministers and CONFIRMED their ministrations by COMMUNING with Jesus Christ the MINISTER concerning those ministrations there would be little or no DISAGREEMENTS amongst Christians!

The Bride of Christ must be ONE in MIND, ONE in DOCTRINE and ONE in LOVE. (Philipians 2:2)

Your thoughts!
Re: Why Do Our Doctrines Disagree? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2015
There's only one true religion, but they remain different doctrines.

The Bible foretold it.
Re: Why Do Our Doctrines Disagree? by efficiencie(m): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
MzNelly:
There's only one true religion, but they remain different doctrines.

The Bible foretold it.

...that the bible foretold the existence of divergent doctrines does not preclude the oneness of mind in the body of Christ...our doctrines must converge for the body of Christ to converge to the bride of Christ...Christ is coming for a spotless, blemishless and pure bride and all others with the strange doctrines would be shut out into outer darkness where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth!
Re: Why Do Our Doctrines Disagree? by An2elect2(f): 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
efficiencie:

...that the bible foretold the existence of divergent doctrines does not preclude the oneness of mind in the body of Christ...our doctrines must converge for the body of Christ to converge to the bride of Christ...Christ is coming for a spotless, blemishless and pure bride and all others with the strange doctrines would be shut out into outer darkness where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth!

You know this already ? why ask then?
Re: Why Do Our Doctrines Disagree? by efficiencie(m): 1:02am On Jan 20, 2015
An2elect2:

You know this already ? why ask then?

I didn't ask a question sis...i just made a statement and would like to know the thoughts of the brethren...

(1) (Reply)

Does This Justify Nudity Among Christians Ladies? / Can I Marry Someone Who Is Not Christain??... Please Advice! / Why Dose It Seem Like Each Time I Try To Get Close To God I Get Into Troubles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.