Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. (1497 Views)

'Buhari Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company': Nigerian Youths Protest In Abuja (Pics) / Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Gbawe: 11:30am On Jan 17, 2015
While those who have nothing to sell their candidate on prefer to talk about GMB daughter's handbags Buhari is forging ahead and winning support by revealing what he will do to uplift Nigeria. Time for 'change'. Time for GMB and the APC.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-pledges-to-revive-ajaokuta-steel-company/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Buhari pledges to revive Ajaokuta Steel Company

JANUARY 17, 2015 BY NAN 18 COMMENTS

The presidential candidate of the APC, Gen. Mohammadu Buhari, has promised to revive Ajaokuta Steel Company if elected president of Nigeria.

Buhari made the promise during his campaign in Lokoja on Friday.

He said he would resuscitate the company which had been out of production for the past five years.

He explained that this would enable it to generate employment for the nation’s teeming youths and create wealth for the country.

Buhari said government had spent almost $5billion on the company, promising that its fortunes will change for the better as soon as he assumed office.

Buhari also promised to stem the tide of corruption and plug all loopholes through which government money was being siphoned.

He added that money recovered from this effort would be used to develop agriculture and provide quality education for the people.

“We in the APC have resolved to govern the nation with humility, probity and transparency.’’

He said he was in a better position to end the orgy of insurgency in some parts of the country based on his military background.

The APC presidential candidate told the crowd to collect their permanent voter cards and vote for him to ensure the needed change in the affairs of the country.

His running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, urged Nigerians to vote for the APC in the coming elections.

Present were National Chairman of APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Sen. Bukola Saraki, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, former Gov. Abubakar Audu, Sen. Alex Kadiri, Alhaji Lai Mohammed and Hon. Buba Jibrin among others.

2 Likes

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by seangy4konji: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2015
We can only know if we give chance and change the government.

3 Likes

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by daben1(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2015
Ofcourse he'll do everything...steel ko, iron ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 17, 2015
Can't wait

3 Likes

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Gbawe: 11:50am On Jan 17, 2015
seangy4konji:
We can only know if we give chance and change the government.

Of course. Nigeria has it as bad as possible and it is up to us to show the world that Nigerians are not mad as per the assertion of Einstein who stated that “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. We have done things the PDP way for 16 years to the detriment of Nigeria. We owe it to ourselves, our children and generations unborn to give change a chance for even only 4 years.

3 Likes

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by patrickmuf(m): 11:52am On Jan 17, 2015
Concise, precise and clear...Not the lamentations we hear from the soon to be opposition party...

1 Like

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 17, 2015
That wl be the best thing.
If dat steel company is working,it wl provide more jobs opportunities.
Kogi surely needs dat.
#change.

1 Like

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by alaoeri: 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
Unlike Jonathanians
Buhari is too old
Buhari can't speak good english
Buhari don't know his phone number
Buhari can't operate a computer
Buhari doesn't have a wife
Buhari doesn't go to school etc
All these won't matter anymore because Nigerians are more wiser.
Vote Change
Vote APC
Sai BUHARI/OSINBAJO 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Gbawe: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
patrickmuf:
Concise, precise and clear...Not the lamentations we hear from the soon to be opposition party...

Buhari's approach to campaigning is even enough to show Nigerians he is better, by far, to lead Nigeria. While Buhari addresses the issues Nigerians are worried about GEJ is running around saying petty and inconsequential nonsense like his lame talk of "Buhari cannot remember his phone number". When some of us, at around half of Buhari's age or less, cannot remember our phone number what the hell is the petty and off-topic GEJ then yapping about?

While Buhari talks about job creation and adequate welfare package for Nigerians the tout Fayose is busy scaremongering Nigerians with the inane suggestion that OBJ is "foisting" Buhari on us so that Osinbajo can take over. The behaviour of the PDP is silly, petty and disgraceful. Buhari and the APC should remain focused and concentrate on issues that relate to the progress and development of Nigeria. Let PDP remain in their gutter of mudslinging, market gossip, wild fabrications and personality-focused politics.

3 Likes

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by patrickmuf(m): 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
Gbawe:

Buhari's approach to campaigning is even enough to show Nigerians he is better, by far, to lead Nigeria. While Buhari addresses the issues Nigerians are worried about GEJ is running around saying petty and inconsequential nonsense like his lame talk of "Buhari cannot remember his phone number". When some of us, at around half of Buhari's age or less, cannot remember our phone number what the hell is the petty and off-topic GEJ then yapping about?

While Buhari talks about job creation and adequate welfare package for Nigerians the tout Fayose is busy scaremongering Nigerians with the inane suggestion that OBJ is "foisting" Buhari on us so that Osinbajo can take over. The behaviour of the PDP is silly, petty and disgraceful. Buhari and the APC should remain focused and concentrate on issues that relate to the progress and development of Nigeria. Let PDP remain in their gutter of mudslinging, market gossip, wild fabrications and personality-focused politics.
When I say Stupidity is synonymous with PDP, people just laugh but it's getting clear day by day that this guys have little or nothing to offer....
If Nigeria existed on the pages of Newspapers, GEJ would've been the greatest Nigerian alive or dead and PDP, our choice for centuries to come...

5 Likes

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Nctrice(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
old tactics from an old General! Am not surprised tho!
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by stebell(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Story for APC dead gods
Uncle Gbawe, pls tell us another story.

Has he gotten hold of his certificate?
GEJ rocks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by zimoni(f): 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Wish him best of luck.
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Gbawe: 8:37am On Jan 20, 2015
stebell:
Story for APC dead gods
Uncle Gbawe, pls tell us another story.

Has he gotten hold of his certificate?
GEJ rocks

Continue fooling yourself. We all know you are afraid. Very afraid.

2 Likes

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by stebell(m): 9:01am On Jan 20, 2015
Gbawe:

Continue fooling yourself. We all know you are afraid. Very afraid.

Me, afraid? never. I kno for sure that come failbuhari, the news will be that GEJ has a land,mud,water,air n even hurricane slide victory.
Yu think we dont kno that Tinubu still has plans of being the VP. but it wont work.

Sai GEJ
Shame Buhari.
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:07am On Jan 20, 2015
The last time I passed the steel company in Itakpe, Kogi State, I weep when I saw the weeds that have taken over its premises.
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Gbawe: 11:10am On Jan 20, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
The last time I passed the steel company in Itakpe, Kogi State, I weep when I saw the weeds that have taken over its premises.

This is testimony to what the PDP is about. I.e the destruction of Nigeria, her industries and institutions.
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Micuilles: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2015
President Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel Company From Global Steel
Posted by: niyi May 24, 2013

Ajaokuta_steel_plant_324474212
President Goodluck Jonathan has recovered the dead Ajaokuta Steel Complex in Kogi State from Global Steel Holdings Limited, Chairman, Senate Committee on the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Smart Adeyemi (PDP, Kogi West) has said, in a move that came six years after the company had remained non-functional.
Senator Adeyemi noted that the development and bringing back of the company to full operation will provide at least 10, 000 jobs, not only for Kogi State indigenes but also, neighbouring states.
Speaking to newsmen, yesterday, Adeyemi said the Federal Government was in the process of negotiating the return of the Iron Ore Mining Company, Itakpe, also in Kogi State.
“The Federal Government has recovered the Ajaokuta steel complex from Global Steel and with that more than 10,000 workers would be gainfully employed,” he said.
“I think the return of this complex is worth celebrating. The government of President Jonathan is worth celebrating. They should be commended for recovering the complex. They have succeeded in recovering Ajaokuta without any attendant financial obligation whatsoever.
“This is a great achievement that deserves commendation, irrespective of political affiliation. The return of Ajaokuta will reduce unemployment and crime. By this singular achievement, it means this government has raised the hope for industrial development in Nigeria
“We got to know that Global Steel asked for $1 billion damages but the concession was illegal and unlawful. I want Nigerians to know that the Federal Government has been in arbitration with the International Chamber of Commerce since the concession was terminated in 2007. The case started in 2008.
“The two plants have not been functioning since they were privatized and I want to let you know that the meeting that resolved the issue was held in Dubai between April 29 to May 1.
“Ajaokuta is at the heart of technological development in Nigeria. If we can get the complex back, then, it means Nigeria’s march towards industrialization has started on a good path. Return of Ajaokuta means that this will change the face of Kogi Stats and hopefully, the northern region”.
“The federal government may revalidate the concession with Global Steel. I’m happy that the main plant is back to Nigeria.”
It will be recalled that the Federal Government had been locked in arbitration with Global Steel Holdings Limited and Global Infrastructure Limited at the International Chamber of Commerce, London, for the return of Ajaokuta since 2007.
Ajaokuta was sold to Global Steel during the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, under the privatisation Programme of the Federal Government then and after that, allegations of downsizing and asset-stripping came up before it finally shut down operations.
President Goodluck Jonathan was said to have intervened and the federal government regained total control of the steel company and with this, Global Steel agreed to forfeit hefty $1b initially being demanded as damages allegedly suffered by the company while running the two plants.
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Micuilles: 11:36am On Jan 20, 2015
http://www.steelguru.com/international_news/Ajaokuta_steel_company_begins_rod_production/349229.html

Also see link. This company is already in the process of total rehab.
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Micuilles: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2015
That's why the revamp of Lagos-warri-ajaokuta rail route which is over 60% done. That way, produced materials can be easily transported to the west where car assembling companies & other companies can access it. GEJ has not done badly in my opinion. Only his media team is terrible. He means well, & did much despite the distractions from the Northeast.

1 Like

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Gboliwe: 4:26am On Jan 25, 2016
Just wondering the current state of this project.
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by deskossy(m): 4:31am On Jan 25, 2016
We've been hearing this since time immemorial
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Gboliwe: 4:34am On Jan 25, 2016
deskossy:
We've been hearing this since time immemorial

Have faith! The evil magician is around
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by tsdarkside(m): 6:31am On Jan 25, 2016
Gbawe:

i dont remember my phone number too...we have smart-phones today................you dont need to remember phone numbers....

i dont keep any phone numbers in my head...maybe the police....or else,,,,nooooooooooooooooo!....

1 Like

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by Abagworo(m): 6:52am On Jan 25, 2016
He should stop vowing and get the steel company back to work already. Since I was born every successive Government promised to resuscitate Ajaokuta but none has been successful. Steel revolution in Nigeria coupled with steady power will lead us to true industrial development.

1 Like

Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by NavierStokes(m): 7:52am On Jan 25, 2016
One year, going... going... going...gone
Re: Issue-based Campaign - Buhari Vows To Restore Ajaokuta Steel Company. by NavierStokes(m): 7:57am On Jan 25, 2016
Micuilles:
That's why the revamp of Lagos-warri-ajaokuta rail route which is over 60% done. That way, produced materials can be easily transported to the west where car assembling companies & other companies can access it. GEJ has not done badly in my opinion. Only his media team is terrible. He means well, & did much despite the distractions from the Northeast.

That was his only sin coupled with being a minority else the man made strides in virtually every area, some errors here and there but then lets hope current government gets over their macabre dance and settle into governance. Although if i hire a ceo to turn around the fortunes of my company, 8 months for setting up or settling in isn't a luxury that I would ever give him.

(1) (Reply)

Pic:Buhari With His Classmates +Teachers At Kaduna Provincial 2ndary Sch In 1961 / Why Ndigbo ‘ll Vote APC In Lagos......comrade Nwokobia / Apc Crack Deepens: Saraki Faction Aligns With Pdp For Senate Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.