Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Obasanjo Shares His Reasons For Supporting Apc,amosun For 2nd Term.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Shares His Reasons For Supporting Apc,amosun For 2nd Term.... (787 Views)

Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC / INEC Declares Apc’s Amosun Winner Of Ogun Governorship Election / PDP Chieftain Stripped Unclad For Supporting APC Candidate In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Shares His Reasons For Supporting Apc,amosun For 2nd Term.... by dasrackhor(m): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
who is also the present Governor of Ogun State. This won’t be shocking to people who have been following Obasanjo’s statements in the last few months, as the one time president had earlier declared that he is just a PDP carrying card member.

Baba says Amosu has done too well for Ogun and everyone should come out to vote for him, refusing to campaign for PDP’s Ogun Governorship candidate. Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, on Friday openly declared his support for the re-election of the state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.

Also on the same day, constitutional lawyer and human rights advocate, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), said the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari, was not qualified to contest the February 14 presidential election.

The former president explained that in spite of being in a different political party with the governor, his choice of Amosun was based on merit and not that of any political party.

In a swift reaction to the support for Amosun, the Ogun State Chapter of the party called on its National Working Committee to sanction Obasanjo for anti-party activities.

Obasanjo who spoke in his Abeokuta Hiltop residence while receiving Igbo leaders from Ogun and Lagos States declared his intention to vote for the return of Amosun in next month general election despite being in the PDP.

Obasanjo said: “In 2011, we were not together; though we were together before and I campaigned against him. But, see what he has been able to do in the last three and half years in the state. I cannot sacrifice performance for party.”

Obasanjo subsequently sought the support of the South-east indigenes residents in Ogun State for Amosun in the February 28 governorship election.

Obasanjo added: “I never dream of having a bridge on dry land in Ogun State in my life time. Yes, we have Ogun River, where there is a bridge, but, on a dry land. Go to Ijebu, Sagamu and Ota. I am seeing bridges, not even one or two.

“This is a development that some of us in our 60s, 70s even 50s would have thought would be a mirage during our life time. Apart from this, it will bring development that future governments shall be major beneficiaries.

“So, my people, I am not talking about other elections. I have come to tell you that in order to appreciate what this personality has been able to do in the last three and half years, let us give him our votes.”

Obasanjo however emphasized that if the situation changes, after the governor must have been re-elected, he should be held responsible.

Meanwhile, the Ogun State PDP in a statement said: “We think the appropriate organs of the party (NWC) will have the courage to sanction him (Obasanjo) for anti-party activities.

“We in the Ogun State PDP are not surprised at his latest action but it really does not amount to much. For us, it means the beginning of APC’s failure. What did his endorsement of Tunji Olurin translate into in 2011 elections?
Re: Obasanjo Shares His Reasons For Supporting Apc,amosun For 2nd Term.... by temitemi1(m): 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
He said he will be voting amosun as his state governor that's all n nothing more... GEJ till 2019, no shaking!!!
Re: Obasanjo Shares His Reasons For Supporting Apc,amosun For 2nd Term.... by dasrackhor(m): 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
temitemi1:
He said he will be voting amosun as his state governor that's all n nothing more... GEJ till 2019, no shaking!!!
u fink so?
Re: Obasanjo Shares His Reasons For Supporting Apc,amosun For 2nd Term.... by jingh(f): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
temitemi1:
hmmmmm I can't stop laughing at you and your post.
happy weekend sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Shares His Reasons For Supporting Apc,amosun For 2nd Term.... by sucreblazing(m): 6:24am On Jan 18, 2015
e be like say Baba don dey repent sef after many years of atrocity .....

he knows what Nigeria and nigerians need, he knows we need development and change to progress as a nation

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Should Reject Jonathan On February 14 – Tinubu / 44 Nigerian Soldiers Reportedly Detained In Underground Cell In Jos / Why Is Sahara Reporters Silent About Buhari's Certificate Scandal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.