Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Knowledge Of God And Of Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowledge Of God And Of Jesus Christ (815 Views)

It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowledge Of God And Of Jesus Christ by Kei144(m): 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
Jn. 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
Jn. 11:26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Jn. 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Why is it that Jn. 11:26 has not been applicable to believers in Jesus Christ? The reason is simply that every promise of God can only be appropriated by faith. Appropriation by faith requires knowledge. Jn. 17:3 implies that in order to appropriate Jn. 11:26, a person must have clear and accurate knowledge of the only true God and of Jesus Christ. And it is not any knowledge that is needed, but knowledge that will enable a person to conquer death by faith, in the land of the living. Obviously, only those who conquer death like that can ascend to heaven (rapture) from the land of the living.
Re: Knowledge Of God And Of Jesus Christ by Kei144(m): 8:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
[size=14pt]God[/size]

Jn. 1:18 No-one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, [Or the Only Begotten] who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

1Jn. 4:12 No-one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1Jn. 4:13 We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

In all of the Old Testament, there is no clear description of God. In the New Testament, Apostle John apparently had the greatest revelation of God. In Jn. 1:18, Apostle John testifies that no-one has ever seen God; and this was written after the resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. So, even they that were with Jesus Christ throughout the time of his earthly ministry never saw God. However, Jn. 1:18 does indicate that Jesus Christ was at the Father’s side, as at the time when Jn. 1:18 was written. The reality is that until Jesus Christ resurrected to the throne of God, he never saw God physically. Even in 1Jn. 4:12, apostle John once again stated that no-one has ever seen God, and he didn’t write “except Jesus Christ”.

Re. 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.
Re. 4:3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne.
Re. 4:4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads.
Re. 4:5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits [Or the sevenfold Spirit] of God.

Jesus Christ never described God during his earthly ministry; but after he ascended to heaven, he gave a revelation of God to Apostle John. And Apostle John wrote it down for us. Re. 4:3 describes God to be more like rocky substance (Rock of Ages). God does not resemble man at all; and God does have a physical appearance. Re. 4:5 shows us that God emits or releases flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder—indication of extraordinary energy. Associated with God are also seven blazing lamps, which are the seven spirits or sevenfold Spirit of God. There is clearly no indication that God is made up of any three persons; instead, we see that God is a supernatural ultra-powerful entity that possesses seven spirits or sevenfold Spirit. The Spirit of God is portrayed like blazing lamps; the light from the lamps reach beyond the universe. So, God emits spiritual light to the whole universe just like our sun emits solar energy to the solar system.
Re: Knowledge Of God And Of Jesus Christ by Kei144(m): 8:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
[size=14pt]Jesus Christ[/size]

Ro. 5:17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

1Co. 15:45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; [Gen. 2:7] the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Jesus Christ is a new Adam—a new creation of mankind. Therefore, any knowledge about Jesus Christ applies to mankind. His beginning on earth is very much like the beginning of the first Adam. Jesus Christ ended up being a life-giving spirit, whereas the first Adam ended up as dust of the earth.

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn. 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn. 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn. 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
Jn. 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world. [Or This was the true light that gives light to every man who comes into the world]
Jn. 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognise him.
Jn. 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
Jn. 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God —
Jn. 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, [Or the Only Begotten] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

In Re. 4:5, we see blazing lamp (Spirit) of God. The light from the lamps is the power and word of God. In particular, when the light reaches mankind, it is the Word from God. God created all things by the light of His Spirit. Jesus was tested by Satan and he qualified to receive the light of the Spirit of God; the light dwelt in him. God’s plan for the first Adam was also for him to host the light of God, but Adam failed when he was tested.

https://www.nairaland.com/2053695/manifestation-god-human-being
Re: Knowledge Of God And Of Jesus Christ by Kei144(m): 9:47am On Jan 21, 2015
[size=14pt]What about Us?[/size]

1Pe. 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

One big problem you see in the churches is that the messages are all about what God did through Jesus Christ. Teaching what God did trough Jesus Christ should not be the goal of the Church, but a necessary step in the achievement of the real goal. The real goal of the Church is for God to do through normal human beings what He did through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is an example or a prototype. The Church is meant to produce copies of the prototype.

Jn. 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
Jn. 14:13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

Jesus Christ himself said that Christians “will” do even greater things than he did during his earthly ministry. It is up to the churches to make this word of Jesus Christ a reality. Jesus said that faith is the key. Knowledge is the key to faith.
Re: Knowledge Of God And Of Jesus Christ by oprajo(m): 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
Nice write up
Re: Knowledge Of God And Of Jesus Christ by Kei144(m): 6:34am On Jan 22, 2015
oprajo:
Nice write up

God bless you @Oprajo. May He irradiate and empower your soul with the light of His Spirit.

(1) (Reply)

Where Was Prophet Elijah Actually Taken? / High Rate Of Accident In Nnewi / Until You Are Saved, You Are Not Safe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.