Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

What Are Your Aspirations For The New Year? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are Your Aspirations For The New Year? (510 Views)

What Are Ur Career Dreams, Academic Goals And Life Aspirations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Aspirations For The New Year? by Opetech(m): 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
The year 2014 has come and gone, however not without its ups and down. I must however congratulate you for making it this far. Despite how rough and tough the year was, you are able to witness the year 2015. It is an opportunity to try again. What are those things you wished you had done in the last year? Or better still wished you had done better? 2015 is offering you a chance to achieve your dreams and indeed it is possible with the right attitude.

Therefore as you journey through another 365 days, what are your hopes, aspirations and plans for the year?  I am not talking about the “normal” New Year resolutions that we often forget before the first quarter of the year runs out. I am concerned about your concrete plans for the 15th year of the 21st century.

Have you made any realistic plans and goals to run with? Or you just want to live each day of the year as it comes? One of the holy books says “write the vision, make it plain so that he that reads can run with it.”

You cannot afford to live your life on trial and error. What are your short and long term goals? Are they realistic? Can you run with such a vision? Will it make you a better person than you were in the last year? Will you be able to look at the end of 2015 and say “I couldn’t have done better?” These are the questions you should ask answer yourself sincerely.

If you haven’t plan for the year, it is never too late to do so.

Pick a pen and paper to do this.

Write out five (5) goals and aspirations under each of the following; health, education, relationship and career.

For instance, under health, have a plan to eat balanced diet and to seek prompt medical intervention in case of any sickness.

On education, you can plan and save towards getting that higher degree you had always wanted to pursue. You can also decide to take an online course to improve your knowledge (I’m currently taking one and I must confess, I’m learning a whole lot).

Improve your relationship with your family, friends and relatives by giving them more time than in the last year.  Also, make a decision to travel this year with people of like minds. You don’t have any business with people travelling in opposite direction to yours.

Acquire more knowledge in your field by attending conferences and seminars to improve your career. Career change is not impossible.

Make a decision to be closer to your God more this year, this entail first knowing the God you serve.

The above are just guidlines to help you make your own plans for the year 2015. As you make these plans, make provision for review after every 3 months, access how far you’ve ben able to stay put to your goals after every quarter. You can’t do this diligently and remain the same at the end of the year.

So, what are you waiting for? Time waits for no man friend. Make goals and start doing and before you realize it, a new you is the result. Have an unlimited year, go break forth.

Source: http://www.lifebuildingtips.com/2015/01/what-are-your-aspirations-for-new-year.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Earn Financial Freedom From The Internet This Year. / Vacancy!!! / Join The League Of Young Professional Entreprenuers In Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.