Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Do We Sincerely Need Good Governance? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do We Sincerely Need Good Governance? (541 Views)

Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria / Obasanjo Visits Governor Bindow Of Adamawa, Commends Him For His Good Governance / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Sincerely Need Good Governance? by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
Greetings fellow country men & women.
Sorry, I just want to summarily share my meditation with fellow Nigerians; not as a politician but as a concerned citizen, who's interested in candidates and not political parties.

Note that, this meditation was triggered by Barcanista's post on the thread discussing the outcome of Lagos governorship debates as captured by Premium times media outfit. Before now, I mistook him for one who's interested in good governance than mere party platform.

If we really need good governance; who is the face of good governance and how do you know such a person; if not through his manifesto, personal achievements, and campaign programs cum promises alongside how articulate he/she is with these.

Or is good governance rated with Rotimi Amaechi(Rivers governor), who has spent fifteen (15)years both as speaker in house of assembly and governor under PDP but moved to APC yesterday. Since then, he has been singing to us that PDP is a failure and wasted Nigeria's 16years of democracy. So is it amaechi or PDP that's a failure?

Is good governance, Governor Elechi of Ebonyi state, who was reportedly booed for non-peformance but is warming up for senate?

Is good governance cum better Nigeria about Atiku, Saraki, Rochas et cetera changing platform to APC and abusing PDP of being corrupt, while they themselves are the face of corruption in the PDP back then; and have digitalized their treasury looting method.

I fell in love in with Frank Nweke Jr's write up after being shortchanged in his party's primaries. While appreciating political parties who were lobbying him to decamp. He advised politicians who are quick to change platforms saying; because they lack patience, ideological principles, moral stance, etc they constitute the real enemies of our nascent democracy.

Is change of platform a change of character? Is it a change of "loot-cracy" mindset? Or mere desperate quest for power?

Let's vote and support individuals who have positive, feasible, & people oriented plans for us than sheepish followership of professional pen-rob*ers and parties.

Thank You and do kindly share your opinion too on the topic. What's good governance to you? Do you sincerely desire it?
Re: Do We Sincerely Need Good Governance? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
@ OP:

Firstly, I believe that the best candidate should be elected but we have to be very careful. Jimi Agbaje no doubt is a very brilliant entrepreneur and an intelligent administrator. He has served in Boards of blue chip firms including a top bank. In 2007 he beat Fashola to the debate and that arouse people's attention that even as a candidate of DPA and unknown party, he beat then Deputy Gov Pedro of Labor in the 2007 election. From my write-up you should know that I like the man. Every progressive even within APC love Agbaje. This is a fact!
Unfortunately, he moved to PDP and not just that, he has been adopted as a godson by Bode George. Bode George is one man that must not near Lagos resources. Since his time as NPA chairman under Obasanjo, he has been indicted over several corruption at different times and even jailed. Moreso, the statement by Agbaje to govern Lagos like PDP states showed that he has fully adopted PDP's mantra. Like I pointed in that thread, Agbaje would have been the leading candidate if he was still in DPA. Many people have no qualms with the man Agbaje but his party is the problem. Ambode is another brilliant man if you really know him though, but Lagos will decide their fate.

1 Like

Re: Do We Sincerely Need Good Governance? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
As for Amaechi and others, GMB the Presidential candidate has never been a PDP man, same with Osinbajo. Both of them haven't served PDP government so what the fuse about?

PS: You sound like anti-APC
Re: Do We Sincerely Need Good Governance? by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:28am On Jan 18, 2015
First, @barcanista, I am anti-APC desperate seek for power. I was their fan at inception but instead of growing with time at their own pace. They due to rue for power sold decency to the dogs and fought for power without "reason". At a point, I found it irritating to read their press releases because it is always a compilation of abusive and derogatory statements.

What is the problem with PDP platform if they present a credible candidate And that's my problem with folks who present APC as populated with saints and angels. What's Tinubu's history and performance while in office? How about Bisi Akande Even fashola to me is overrated because his performance is NOT at par with the resources available to him? Lagos IGR is so much that we should have no business with bad roads, poor drainages, pipe borne water and other basics of life here. So where are the saints in APC? That you want me to believe that Agbaje joining PDP is now a crime punishable by shoving him aside.

I don't really want to delve into that hypocrisy of APC much but I am disappointed at folks like you who debate here day in day out accusing GEJ of bad governance while in all, what is pushing you to rain abuses on him isn't patriotism but mere desperation to control power at the centre.
Your stance on Agbaje has removed the veil covering the hypocrisy of most of you. And whatever positive rating enjoyed from people like me...because to me, let the best candidate win.
If your gross is with godfatherism, how come that you forgot Tinubu; who is holding APC Lagos by the balls, and dictates the pace and tune to all including to fashola. Or is he is now a saint?? or did he not loot Lagos blind? maybe still looting now? even with his certificate scandal? or you just wanna write Bode George off? I am not supporting George but remember, he was jailed on nonexistent law.

Barcanista, is this really about patriotism or hatred for individuals? is it about good governance or mere blind quest for power? what do we really want in this country?
Re: Do We Sincerely Need Good Governance? by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:54am On Jan 18, 2015
Now barcanista, do you sincerely believe that buhari will be able to campaign much now and make much impact if not for the likes of amaechi et al who you want to distant from him now? did you not see amaechi's picture in men buhari wants to use in running aso rock So why the double standard bro?

If buhari is moving round the country with chartered flights campaigning, where do you think the funds are coming from? Who foots the bills? or is it buhari's at least one million naira in his account or the 54million, Okechukwu osita said they raised for him?

If buhari is better than other politicians in terms of morals, do you think he will accept offers from the Atikus, sarakis, jagaban, etc who're corruption personified.

El-rufai in his book;"accidental public servant" exonerated all APC guys and whitewashed PDP folks especially Atiku but unfortunately, atiku defected to APC, so I wonder what his thoughts are now about his party APC?

If buhari is against such dirty acts of corruption, why is he dining and wining with digitally & monumentally corrupt individuals? Can he come clean on how & who is sponsoring his campaigns? Is their any difference between a thief and his wife who knowingly enjoys the proceeds from such dastard act of his husband?? Isn't she encouraging him to steal more?

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Governor, Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For President Jonathan By Obasi Obasi / “osinbajo Is My Problem”-president Jonathan Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.