Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai (27310 Views)

Rivers Rerun : Wike Caught On Tape Threatening To Kill Official / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-asari, Tompolo, Arrested For Threatening Violence / Revealed: Kaduna Governor, Yero Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by farem: 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kaduna Governor, Yero, caught on tape threatening violence against APC, El-Rufai
January 17, 2015Sani Tukur

The Governor of Kaduna state, Ramalan Yero, has threatened to call out his supporters to inflict damage on the opposition All Progressives Congress [APC] if his team is ever attacked while campaigning.
Speaking in Hausa language to his supporters at the opening of his campaign on Monday, Mr. Yero vowed swift “revenge” if ever attacked by any one “born of woman”.

“If you are born of a woman, please pelt us with stones, when we go out for campaigns. We dare you to destroy or burn our vehicles. Burn our House,” the governor said. “I swear by Allah, anyone who does any of these things, we will revenge.”

The remarks came as an escalation of an already tense electioneering ahead of February polls, seen in Kaduna State as a contest mainly between the governor and a former Minister, Nasir El Rufai, of the APC.
In the last two weeks, there have been incidents of political violence in Rivers, Plateau and Gombe States, where supporters of different political parties launched gun attacks on opponents, bombed party offices and torched campaign vehicles.

Mr. Yero spoke days after all presidential candidates for the February elections committed to non-violence before, during and after the polls.
Addressing his supporters, a furious Mr. Yero threatened to stop Mr. El-Rufai from entering Kaduna State henceforth.

PREMIUM TIMES obtained an audio recording of the governor apparently addressing his supporters and threatening violence against Mr. El-Rufai.
He said as governor, he has the power to stop the former minister from even leaving his house.
“If I say you should not come to Kaduna, I swear you cannot come. If I say you should not leave your house, I swear you cannot leave,” Mr. Yero said.
Despite being the home state of Vice President Namadi Sambo, Kaduna, the former capital of the northern part of Nigeria, also has a strong APC base, giving Mr. El Rufai wide support too.

As Minister of the FCT, Mr. El-Rufai was noted for demolishing several homes and other structures the government claimed were illegal, in an effort to restore Abuja’s master plan.

In his address, Mr. Yero said he also has the power to demolish the former Minister’s house if he wishes to.
“If I say they should demolish your House, I swear by Allah, they would demolish it immediately,” he said. “If you think we cannot do it, try us and see, continue with what you are doing, by God’s grace we will show you,” Mr. Yero said.
Mr. Yero also threatened to deal with APC supporters if they dare attack the campaign trail of the PDP.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175135-kaduna-governor-yero-caught-on-tape-threatening-violence-against-apc-el-rufai.html

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by otbliz(m): 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
sauce?

Modified***

Op well done, but next time notify me 'afterall i be FTC'.
I hear say FTC na chieftaincy title for NL grin grin grin

Ok yero don threaten, make APC go dare am
Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by saaedlee: 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
Opinion: Reasons Why I Want to Vote GMB For President!

I don't know why I get excited when I see a campaign poster of General Muhammadu Buhari;

His ambition isn't a Do-Or-Die Affair.

His Vision for the Country isn't a Selfless one.

He is going to change the deplorable security situation in the country, if Elected and Sworn-in.

After being sworn in as President of the country he'll do his Best, Even stepping on toes of friends, just to reduce corruption to the barest minimum.

I know that diversification of the economy to create millions of jobs will be of utmost importance when he is elected and sworn-in.

Also, Because I Know he is the CHANGE we need!

SAI BUHARI

Vote General Muhammadu Buhari for President!

244 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by xpac01(m): 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
Rubbish!!. This is a leader vying for change.

2 Likes

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by temitemi1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
Yes ooooooooo... Do me I do u grin cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by SeverusSnape(m): 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
It's gonna be war!
But where's the link to the tape??
Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by xpac01(m): 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
I hope your children and relatives will be favoured by Allah to partake in the violence revenge.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by Skako(m): 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
Na comedy he dey do
nothing can change our CHANGE

change for peace

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by NaMe4: 9:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
grin See chief Security Officer!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hello great nairalanders pls i need your financial help to solve to problem which is been affecting me since d turn of the year...I need this cash to get my academic life bk in shape(Shelter).. There's no business i could venture in that would yield maximum return at this moment, beside am in sch nw and i have very limited time to work.. The money i need is #20,000 to settle my bills..Any financial help would be greatly appreciated...May God bless and reward u all

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by eleko1: 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
sad PDP is Boko haram,boko haram is pdp. Vote BUHARI to end this carnage/destructive PDP activities. Vote out clueless,vote out Pigs.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by alaoeri: 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
Yero is high on cow dung, he will soon be show the way out, el-rufai next kaduna state governor.
Sai Mallam.
Sai APC.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by EdCure: 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
This is why the PDP is called the "nest of killers", the "killer party", etc

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by eaglechild: 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
I thought all northerners were in support of Boko hari undecided.

With the ridiculous permutations you see on NL one would think that no northerner will speak against APC.

Meanwhile states like Kaduna are majority PDP.

APC paving way to violence ....

10 Likes

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by doctokwus: 11:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
These are the desperate acts of a dying breed.
No matter d threats by yero,I know 10 yeros and 10 sambos combined cannot stop the trashing GMB would give them come Feb 14.When he virtually had no party structure,finance or logistics in 2011 he still won,is it now that even children still in there mother's womb dance at the sound of his name he wudnt trash d PDP there?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by berlusconib2: 9:43am On Jan 18, 2015
Blablabla rubish grin lipsrsealed
[b][/b] kia Buhari boko hari

1 Like

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by NextIG(m): 10:22am On Jan 18, 2015
Most of the posts above me are nothing but a trash. Instead of you people to address what the governor was reacting to, you are busy condemning him. Is there anything wrong in telling you that if you slap me I will slap you back? Base on the report, the Governor said "If you dare attacked our campaign team, burnt our houses or do anything untoward because of election, we will repay you in the same coin. Now, tell me where did the Governor man gone wrong? By this statement, I tell you the truth, the campaigns and election here in Kaduna will go on smooth without any form of violence especially against an opponent. It is because people are being quiet that's why the political thugs are always having their way. The Bible says, "Why do people commit crimes so readily? Because crime is not punished quickly enough. Ecc 8:11". To me, the governor has got it right on this one even though most people in Kaduna don't like him. Do me I do you, election will go on as expected and the winner will emerge.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by mcdokwe(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2015
Kudos to the propaganda machines of both parties, but don't you think we end up heating up the polity farther than necessary?

The understanding I got from the body of the post differs from the caption, of course no one has the monopoly of anything and are willing to match whatever the opposition brings to the table.

If only we all learn to wait for the other person to hit first, we might end up not hitting at all.

What he threatened was an *Assured Mutual Destruction* the unfortunate part is that it is the gullible commoner who allows himself to be used that would pay the price and not the bloated politician or any of his family member.

God save us all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by mcdokwe(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2015
That was conditional

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by gistmelove(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2015
Ok
Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by Iykebestbt(m): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2015
You see their life

2 Likes

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by ichidodo: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2015
Thank goodness we still have hawks in the PDP at point we was beginning to think it was filled with doves,effeminates and pussiés....

7 Likes

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by korel9: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2015
saaedlee:

I don't know why I get excited when I see a campaign poster of General Muhammadu Buhari;

Is it because his mission to being the President isn't a Do-Or-Die Affair? YES

Is it Because his Vision for the Country isn't a Selfless one? YES

Is it because I know he is going to change the deplorable security situation in the country, if Elected and Sworn-in? YES

Is it because after being sworn in as President of the country he'll do his Possible Best, Even stepping on toes of friends, just to reduce corruption to the barest minimum? YES

Is it because I know that diversification of the economy to create millions of jobs will be of utmost importance when he is elected and sworn-in? YES

SAI BUHARI

Okay I've heard you. Below are reasons why you should change your mind and vote for GEJ based on his achievements. It's TOO LONG to paste here so just follow the link angry

https://www.nairaland.com/2056377/state-state-breakdown-goodluck-jonathans

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by scribble: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2015
He didn't threaten violence

He said he would revenge violence

Premium times and elrufai are one and the same.

10 Likes

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by dapsonjegz(m): 10:32am On Jan 18, 2015
hmmm,nigerian leaders sha
cant they lay a gud foundation youths can emulate?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by shaboti: 10:32am On Jan 18, 2015
Where z the tape

2 Likes

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by adebrave1(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2015
OK now make we see
Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by femmy2010(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2015
The electorates would speak.The Governor should relax.

#TeamGMB

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by ayusco85(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2015
Charge him to court

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by joshuaidibia(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2015
saaedlee:

Is it because his mission to being the President isn't a Do-Or-Die Affair? YES

Is it Because his Vision for the Country isn't a Selfless one? YES

Is it because I know he is going to change the deplorable security situation in the country, if Elected and Sworn-in? YES

Is it because after being sworn in as President of the country he'll do his Possible Best, Even stepping on toes of friends, just to reduce corruption to the barest minimum? YES

Is it because I know that diversification of the economy to create millions of jobs will be of utmost importance when he is elected and sworn-in? YES

SAI BUHARI

Please speak English.

3 Likes

Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by sexaddict08(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2015
dan dan....
Re: Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai by Estimable(m): 10:35am On Jan 18, 2015
2day is SUNDAY oooo......All these politics talk in front page......hehehehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside The Massive Money Laundering In Nigeria’s National Assembly-Premium Times / Mayweather To Fight Dogara In Abuja / Abaribe Was Arrested For ‘Aiding And Abetting IPOB’ - Counsel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.