Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? (2236 Views)

President Jonathan And Mother Casting Their Votes In Otuoke Ward / Buhari Polls 1.3m Votes In Katsina - Leadership / 8 New Ministers Appointed By Jonathan Get Portfolios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by bilms(m): 12:22am On Jan 18, 2015
WILL JONATHAN GET 5% VOTES IN LAGOS?
I spent the last 3 days in Lagos and i can tell you authoritatively that there is nothing like GEJ in Lagos.

In my 3 days stay in the center for excellence, i visited different areas. From V.I to Ikeja, Bariga to Iganmu, Ojota to Ikorodu and even straight to Berger. In all those places, hardly can you see any GEJ's poster, not to talk of bill Boards. I saw Jimi Agbaje's posters, though not as much as Ambode, but oga Jona was no where to be found.

When i inquired about the reason, i was informed that,while it is true that Agbaje enjoys certain support from Lagosians, he his fast losing the support as a result of his campaign for Jonathan and for that reason,they quickly concentrate of his own campaign, rather than campaign for Jonathan.

Agbaje, who is loved by many before is now fast losing support in his srong hold, not necessarily because people do not love him again, but because he is campaigning for GEJ whom the people now dislike greatly.

I was made to understand that, its hard to sell Jonathan, he his unsellable, a PDP chieftain told me in Lagos.

The PDP stalwart confess to me that,the focus is now to concentrate on Agbaje's campaign and forget about GEJ, hoping that some how, it would make the people change their mind about the president.

4 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by sam4(m): 12:28am On Jan 18, 2015
Se na only Lagos dey for Naija. Nonsensical

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by SeverusSnape(m): 12:31am On Jan 18, 2015
No, He won't even get 1% ,Keep dreaming my friend.
It's like saying Buhari won't get 5% vote in Ekiti because the government there is PDP.

My friend, Stop Prognosticating. February 14th is just days away.

1 Like

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by emiye(m): 12:31am On Jan 18, 2015
Once GEJ loses in Feb. 14, Agbaje will decamp to APC before governorship election day sef.

4 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by cycline404(m): 12:33am On Jan 18, 2015
sam4:
Se na only Lagos dey for Naija. Nonsensical

He was just thinking loud. Why the attack now
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by sam4(m): 12:34am On Jan 18, 2015
cycline404:

He was just thinking loud. Why the attack now
i beg i no dey attack anybody
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by LagosBoi2(m): 12:50am On Jan 18, 2015
PDP has become alien in Lagos they have a very bad record and history, PDP is dead in Lagos, you will get the message after elections

5 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by scribble: 12:59am On Jan 18, 2015
What s silly question

I live in Lagos and a lot of GEJ supporters dont shout

Theyre not noisemakers

They will show you with umblella at the polls

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by braine(m): 1:02am On Jan 18, 2015
PDP have a strong base in Lagos, but APC have the strongest. People love Agbaje, but then, his campaign for JonaTan who would get about 20 to 30% of votes (I think?) will spoil market for him.

4 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by Truth24(m): 1:05am On Jan 18, 2015
Might make frontpage though
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by laremaq(m): 1:14am On Jan 18, 2015
Then you were not in lagos, I guess u were at Ofada or Mowe. You still need to walk a little bit.. GEJ all the way

5 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by laremaq(m): 1:15am On Jan 18, 2015
scribble:
What s silly question

I live in Lagos and a lot of GEJ supporters dont shout

Theyre not noisemakers

They will show you with umblella at the polls
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by bilms(m): 8:22am On Jan 18, 2015
?
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by 9jii(m): 9:15am On Jan 18, 2015
He can get But he will never get close to what he got in 2011.Because he lied and betrayed them.
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by bilms(m): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2015
Hum
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by peleson: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2015
PDP will win lagos jst as Apc will win rivers! PDP has d best n d worst! APC r just Starters!! Naturally, PDP will return to Rivers State but APC will be Lost in Lagos State forever! Jimi is a good Candidate! Lagocians hate tinubu!! Lagos is d state with highest internally generated revenue but owing abt 300billion depth so where in d world is lagos state money? Ask Tinubu! Lagocians will tell u! U constructed a 2km road, u collect 3 different toll fees!! APC is dead in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by juman(m): 11:00am On Jan 18, 2015
Op must be kidding. Jonathan will get more than that.

It is possible for any opposing party to the ruling party to win lagos or kano because people their are more exposed than nigerians living in other states.

The main problem with pdp popularity in south west is that the performance of their party (pdp) at the center is not good, and they don't have some governors that can display some capabilities in that region.

Of course apc is better than pdp, but sometimes I think may be another party might perform better in that state. But it's scary trying pdp that all of us know that they are very unserious people.
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2015
Igbo make up over 45% of Lagos population (according to data from APC), added to votes from other minorities and some yorubas and hausas Jonathan will comfortably win Lagos.
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 18, 2015
GEJ will beat Buhari in Lagos

9 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:07am On Jan 18, 2015
GEJ will break PDP jinx in Lagos. Agbaje will win Lagos. watch

6 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 18, 2015
emiye:
Once GEJ loses in Feb. 14, Agbaje will decamp to APC before governorship election day sef.

The truth is really Agbaje is not a PDP person...he is just using the party as a SPV to attempt to achieve his desire.

What is happening between him and PDP is marriage of convenience that will collapse once he fails again...which is bound to happen.
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 18, 2015
mikeansy:
GEJ will beat Buhari in Lagos

In your dreams I guess.
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Igbo make up over 45% of Lagos population (according to data from APC), added to votes from other minorities and some yorubas and hausas Jonathan will comfortably win Lagos.

grin grin grin grin

You obviously dream a lot.....write it down.....GEJ will lose Lagos with the widest margin among all the states.

3 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by BlackTechnology: 11:17am On Jan 18, 2015
Lagos Population

40%= Yorubas

40%= Igbos

20%= Others

Op

75% of Yorubas will not vote Buhari because of his certificate, age, ethno religious, brainless, past scandals. This 75% which is 30% ie (75% of 40%) will vote GEJ

90% of Igbos will vote GEJ because of ethno religious affinity

50% of others will vote GEJ because of ethno religious affinity

When you sum it up

Yoruba = 75% × 40%= 30%

Igbo= 90% × 40%= 36%

Others=50% × 20%= 10%

Total= 76%

GEJ will get between 76% to 90% cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 18, 2015
"GEJ will win Lagos and johanessburg"- TANoids grin

2 Likes

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by deswords(m): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by SuperDan1: 12:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
This OP is talking trash, you just visited lagos and you are talking as if there is no nairalander living in lagos. What happens to all the Goodluck posters pasted all over lagos. He is even wearing a wrapped yoruba hat on the poster. For your information more than 40% of lagos population is made up of igbos,calabars and other south south states so be rest assured that Goodluck will get a sizeable number of votes in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by DWJOBScom(m): 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:
GEJ will break PDP jinx in Lagos. Agbaje will win Lagos. watch

This election will shock a lot of people especially Lagos - certain group of people seem so sure Lagos is still there's

1 Like

Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by M17: 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
those animal's claimed the that useless nairaland website is their tribal conquest .

so they flocked over here in their tribal mask to degenerate pride and respect ,

they chose and selected all sorts of negative text and sentence to describe IGBO PEOPLE AND SOUTH EAST .

they spoke so ill of present president Nigeria .but once you write one single criticism against their masters and their tribe ,region

you will banned or suspended from nairaland .
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
We need chanGEJ I follow apc to say we need chanGEJ. join me in saying we need Chan GEJ
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by bilms(m): 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Will Jonathan Get 5% Votes In Lagos? by johnmartus(m): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
Jimi will win lagos (laughing )

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan & The Nobel Peace Prize / 12 Nigerian Banks Make List Of Top 20 African Banks / BREAKING: Buhari Sacks SSS Director General, Appoints Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.