Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch (2768 Views)

Akeredolu Of APC Campaigns In Akure, Ondo State (Photos) / Apc Campaigns With Cow In One Of Their Rallies / Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by paulo007: 6:29am On Jan 18, 2015
A United States-based political strategy firm, AKPD Message and Media, engaged by the opposition All Progressives Congress to improve its electoral fortunes is still active, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.

It was gathered in Abuja on Friday that the Chicago-based firm has been behind several of the party’s campaign messages and strategy.

The firm is best known for its leading role in President Barack Obama’s presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2012.

AKPD Message and Media is known to have worked with key Democratic Party candidates throughout the US.

It has also earned a reputation for supporting leading populist movements across the globe.

The APC had at the beginning of its contract, stated that, “we shall leverage on the firm’s skill, experience and expertise throughout the upcoming campaign cycle.’’

According to the party, the company’s track record could be seen in political climate similar to Nigeria’s, including Kenya, Tanzania and Ghana.

It said the partnership with the firm was an indication that the process of change in Nigeria had already begun and would not be stopped

A highly placed member of the APC, who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media, explained that the firm is working behind the scene.

The source said, “They have been doing their work; they were involved in surveys and polls, looking at areas of our strengths and weaknesses, and advising on measures to be taken to consolidate on our gains.

“They are helping to guide our campaigns to address our needs and we are getting value for our investments.”

When contacted, the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Lai Mohammed, told SUNDAY PUNCH that, “They (the firm) are political consultants; they are still with us.

“I believe they will remain with us till we win the elections. I don’t think the contract is out.”

Meanwhile, the US Government has said it is assisting the Federal Government and the Independent National Electoral Commission in providing adequate security for the February general elections.

The US stated that an American election security expert had visited Nigeria sometime in 2014.

http://www.punchng.com/news/obama-linked-us-firm-behind-apc-campaigns-party/
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 18, 2015
No wonder they have been crying 'change! change!!' like that's the password to AsoRock. Mr Tinubu, keep draining Lagos state money, this time just be wise enough to keep some for Buhari's customary pack of hankies and for the hungry lawyers who would feed fat on ur court cases. In other news, whispering birds say Buhari is sick and set to visit USA for medicals...........I comment my reserve.

10 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by SeverusSnape(m): 6:32am On Jan 18, 2015
You know it's a season of propaganda, This one may just be one of them. Even though it's true, I personally don't see anything wrong in employing the services of a consultancy firm to manage one's campaign. Obama did it.

1 Like

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by manutdadex(m): 6:32am On Jan 18, 2015
una go stil cry! Dis means production of more handkashif

4 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Ewizard(m): 6:37am On Jan 18, 2015
looserz!!

1 Like

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by egift(m): 6:45am On Jan 18, 2015
PDP Agents of corruption are devastated.

GMB all the way!

6 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by adaweezy(m): 6:51am On Jan 18, 2015
ni wonder adverts gave been enticing
All over Nigeria's Internet you see APC ads, check you balance you see an APC ad......

2 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by killuminati(m): 6:55am On Jan 18, 2015
Fear dey catch saTANists!

5 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Skako(m): 6:58am On Jan 18, 2015
Even america would finaly support the moving train

change for ever

5 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Disclaimer: 6:59am On Jan 18, 2015
Misleading topic. Topic should be APC waste tax payers money on American firm.

1 Like

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by sleekp1: 7:02am On Jan 18, 2015
olrotimi:
No wonder they have been crying 'change! change!!' like that's the password to AsoRock. Mr Tinubu, keep draining Lagos state money, this time just be wise enough to keep some for Buhari's customary pack of hankies and for the hungry lawyers who would feed fat on ur court cases. In other news, whispering birds say Buhari is sick and set to visit USA for medicals...........I comment my reserve.

gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by ellechrystal(f): 7:06am On Jan 18, 2015
I c. Employing foreign hands. Trying to make us understand America will b involved in running our country if they win, n some slaves will jump at this silly offer.
There is nothing wrong in employing foreign hands to help in ur campaign o, but the US? Ha. These guys r dangerous o. Anywhere there step into must ve troubles up n down, I don't trust these guys, they don't like us in d first place, after Wat they did to us in d ebola crises, I understood their agenda.
I ve always known that all these things APC ve been doing b saying in this their campaign were paid for, I knew they employed ppl to teach them n show them what to do.
Because those ideas could never come from within them.the ideas were too good to come from those former PDP guys

3 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 18, 2015
LOL nigeria is fvcked up..........*who has a pack of condom pls?*
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by reezee: 7:13am On Jan 18, 2015
Even if buhari no campaign again he don enter

1 Like

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:16am On Jan 18, 2015
GEJ D BEST IN D HISTORY OF NIGERIA IRONICALLY....

1 Like

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by philantoxx(m): 7:27am On Jan 18, 2015
can't wait to see buhari at the tribunals.

1 Like

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by PassingShot(m): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2015
No problems.

It's GMB till GEJ knows the definition of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by appini: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2015
This is Nigeria, i wonder if they will be around during the rigging process.
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by gunuvi(m): 7:39am On Jan 18, 2015
The media firm may have been successful in US, Kenya, Ghana etc but they will fail woefully here in Nigeria. Their consultants will fly the next available flight out of the country immediately they hear Jega's voice come Feb 15th to avoid Amaechi trouble.
Its GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Apc employing the services of online based electioneering propangandist is what the future lyes. But they should also have in mind, this is Africa, this is not US where majority of its citizens are online and internet savy.
Fact: On that day of voting, the larger populace
that will be willing to make good use of their pvc's are the
*The rural dwellers, the market women/men, the bus keke riders, the local/town and trade unions, then few of civil servants.

3 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 18, 2015
GMB. Alllll za way

3 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by size38: 7:49am On Jan 18, 2015
PDP and their propaganda. This is another version of it. APC change, APC change! The wind of change is blowing across d country.
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by fkaz(m): 8:03am On Jan 18, 2015
gunuvi:
The media firm may have been successful in US, Kenya, Ghana etc but they will fail woefully here in Nigeria. Their consultants will fly the next available flight out of the country immediately they hear Jega's voice come Feb 15th to avoid Amaechi trouble.
Its GEJ till 2019

APC campaign is successful already, APC change campaign strategy especially in lagos, by campaigning in public transport, door-door, market place etc and they are getting a lot of support from nigerians. APC channel their campaign on jonathan weakness and adopt a campaign slogan "CHANGE" PDP don't even have campaign slogan unlike 2011 FRESH AIR. Buhari is getting popular even through his certificate saga just like that of OBAMA.

PDP is dead, GOODLUCK jonathan killed the party

2 Likes

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by johnmartus(m): 8:17am On Jan 18, 2015
olrotimi:
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by johnmartus(m): 8:22am On Jan 18, 2015
olrotimi:
you are just a useless man who can't think deeply to make a reasonable decision can you back your claimed?

1 Like

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Itulah(m): 8:25am On Jan 18, 2015
APC has been consistent in saying that PDP has
ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which
corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery
and several ills of society held sway. But at a very
close look at the APC, I am seeing: 1. Rotimi
Amaechi – 8 years speaker; 7 year, Governor under
PDP. 2. Atiku Abubakar – 8 years Vice president
under PDP. 3. George Akume – 8 years Governor
under PDP. 4. Bukola Saraki – 8 years Governor; 2
years, Senator under PDP. 5. Timipre Sylver – 4
years Governor under PDP. 6. Audu Ogbe – 2 years
Chairmanship of the PDP. 7. Aminu Masari – 4 years
as the Speaker, House of Representatives under
PDP. 8. Chris Ngige – 3 years Governor under PDP.
9. Rabiu Kwankwaso – 7 years Governor; 3 years
Defense minister under PDP. 10. El Rufai – 4 years
FCT Minister; 2 years BPE chairman under PDP. 11.
And to cap it all, Obasanjo is the navigator of the
APC, a man who spent 8 of the disastrous 16 years
as the maximum ruler of Nigeria. It is now clearer
that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where the
people who created and perpetuated the 16
disastrous years are now dumped. So where is the
change coming from? Are they now saints because
they joined APC? Pls be WISE & VOTE not for those
seeking power by FORCE #ASSOCIATION_OF_ PAST_
CRIMINALS

1 Like

Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by HzRF(m): 8:45am On Jan 18, 2015
Skako:
Even america would finaly support the moving train

change for ever
Chai u too go think say u get brain like that oo

They hire a firm. In USA in ur own dwarf sense USA is behind illiterates (well they can be,anything that suit them dey go for it)
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by HzRF(m): 8:47am On Jan 18, 2015
philantoxx:
can't wait to see buhari at the tribunals.
Same here
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2015
If I hear, ordinary campaign is outsourced to a foreign firm,hehehehe change indeed.
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by fr3do(m): 8:55am On Jan 18, 2015
Gej is against American interest then.
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by reborn1: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2015
[s]
olrotimi:
[/s]
Re: Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch by Caseless: 9:04am On Jan 18, 2015
Apc always go for the best the world can offer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Criminal, Mallam Buhari Aka Buhari Must Be Prisoned For Perjury! / Anambra Lockeddown As Traders Protest Fg’s Plan To Relocate B’H To State(photos) / Photos: Woman Steals Flat Screen TV, Puts It Between Her Legs And Walks Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.