Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram (1092 Views)

Some Chadian Troops Remarkably Resemble Boko Haram (photos) / Chadian And Nigerian Airforce Carry Out Airstrikes Against Boko Haram (Photos) / Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by Itulah(m): 8:03am On Jan 18, 2015
N’Djamena (AFP) – Tens of thousands of people joined
a march in N’Djamena on Saturday in support of
Chadian troops heading to Nigeria and Cameroon to
fight the Islamist group Boko Haram.
Marching some five kilometres (three miles) through
Chad’s capital, demonstrators waved the national flag
and chanted in French and Arabic: “Kick the forces of
evil out of our territory.”
Prime Minister Kalzeube Pahimi Deubet said the march
sent “a strong signal, a warning to Boko Haram”.
The event came as a huge convoy set off from
N’Djamena to combat the Islamists sowing terror in
northeastern Nigeria and northern Cameroon.
Thousands of people hailed the arrival of some 400
vehicles in the Cameroonian border town of Kousseri, an
AFP journalist reported.
Early this month Boko Haram launched a full-scale
assault on the strategic town of Baga on the banks of
Lake Chad, which straddles the borders of Chad,
Nigeria, Niger and Cameroon.
Chad is part of a regional force against Boko Haram
that was based in Baga — but both Chad and Niger had
withdrawn their troops before the January 3 attack.
Chadian President Idriss Deby said in a speech read by
the speaker of parliament that the new deployment
aimed to recapture Baga.
But Nigeria expressed lukewarm support fot the Chad
mission on Saturday.
“All support for our operations will be welcome, but it
must conform with our own ongoing operations,”
Nigerian army spokesman Chris Olukolade told AFP.
The Cameroon government said on Monday that its
army killed 143 Boko Haram fighters who had attacked
a military base in the northern town of Kolofata.
This week French President Francois Hollande and US
Secretary of State John Kerry accused Boko Haram of
committing crimes against humanity, while a top UN
official, Leila Zerrougui, called for a regional response to
the crisis.
Ghanaian President John Dramani Mahama, who heads
the regional Economic Community of West African
States, called Friday for a “specific plan of action to end
the problem of terrorism” in Africa.
Satellite pictures released by Amnesty International and
Human Rights Watch last week showed around 3,700
buildings in Baga and nearby Doron Baga damaged or
destroyed.
Daniel Eyre, Nigeria researcher for Amnesty
International, said as many as 2,000 civilians may have
been massacred, but Nigeria’s army objected to the
“sensational” claims and said that the death toll in
Baga was about 150.
Brutal raids, massacres, suicide bomb attacks and
kidnappings by Boko Haram have claimed at least
13,000 lives and driven an estimated 1.5 million people
from their homes, mainly in northeastern Nigeria.

www.nigeriaentertainment.io/thousands-see-off-chadian-troops-fight-boko-haram/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:07am On Jan 18, 2015
This is called 'motive'...
Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by asadike(f): 8:11am On Jan 18, 2015
I pray this is true
Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by theM16: 8:13am On Jan 18, 2015
That's a country(even tho poor)..one country one voice. Unlike this land we dey...everything is about politics and corruption

2 Likes

Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by idupaul: 8:15am On Jan 18, 2015
Chadians are battle hardened fighters tho I am quite suspicious of their Agenda
Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by jingh(f): 8:25am On Jan 18, 2015
wao what a country even my so called great Nigeria...........

Change will arrive one day

buhari for President
Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by Afroconnect: 8:37am On Jan 18, 2015
Boko haram are scared of Chadians cos they know the President is a battle hardened tough leader, they see Nigeria as their play ground cos we allow a weak man,scared with no action lead us.

No matter the agenda of the Chadians I respect this their leader turning a small nation into a giant,while we consume and waste in Naija.
Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by overhypedsteve(m): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2015
Afroconnect:
Boko haram are scared of Chadians cos they know the President is a battle hardened tough leader, they see Nigeria as their play ground cos we allow a weak man,scared with no action lead us.

No matter the agenda of the Chadians I respect this their leader turning a small nation into a giant,while we consume and waste in Naija.
as per battled hardened idris deby is a desert fox. he is a very brutal soldier. who even as head of state still oversaw an attack against an insurrection in his country.

1 Like

Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 18, 2015
Afroconnect:

YOU NEED TO BE SACRIFICED TO AMADIOHA FOR THIS USELESS AND THOUGHTLESS POST.

WHAT THE CHADIANS DID IS WHAT WE CALL PATROTISM.

YOU ARE MORE WICKED THAN BOKOHARAM.

HAVE YOU EVER SUPPORTED YOUR PRESIDENT OR ARMY?
Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by Afroconnect: 11:16am On Jan 18, 2015
masterpower:

YOU NEED TO BE SACRIFICED TO AMADIOHA FOR THIS USELESS AND THOUGHTLESS POST.

WHAT THE CHADIANS DID IS WHAT WE CALL PATROTISM.

YOU ARE MORE WICKED THAN BOKOHARAM.

HAVE YOU EVER SUPPORTED YOUR PRESIDENT OR ARMY?
Your father and your whole family need to be sacrificed to Baal...Goodluck is weak, your dumb ibo head must understand that international politics is all about potraying Ntional interest...am more patriotic than your father and all your generation put together-supporting goodluck jona when he is destroying Nigeria makes you an enemy of the state and clowns and jokers like you should be killed so your blood cleanse this land.

Bleep u and all mediocres,I hope u all die slow when the true revolution starts...yes I respect Chadian leader,I can never support a weak,mediocre leader cos Nigeria will continue after him,he is just a man-if inefficient we the people should kick him out.

1 Like

Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
Afroconnect:

Your father and your whole family need to be sacrificed to Baal...Goodluck is weak, your dumb ibo head must understand that international politics is all about potraying Ntional interest...am more patriotic than your father and all your generation put together-supporting goodluck jona when he is destroying Nigeria makes you an enemy of the state and clowns and jokers like you should be killed so your blood cleanse this land.

Bleep u and all mediocres,I hope u all die slow when the true revolution starts...yes I respect Chadian leader,I can never support a weak,mediocre leader cos Nigeria will continue after him,he is just a man-if inefficient we the people should kick him out.

My Brother,may God bless you and yours.Please don't mind these internal saboteurs,we would have our own internal war next month and cleanse our land with the blood of the seccessionists.

1 Like

Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by Horus(m): 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHdWZgYoHQA

[size=15pt]400 Chadian tanks enter Cameroon to fight Boko Haram[/size]

About four hundred Chadian tanks have entered Cameroon to help fight Nigeria’s Boko Haram insurgents.
Re: Thousands See Off Chadian Troops To Fight Boko Haram by Horus(m): 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqc4eRjnPHA

[size=15pt]Thousands Gather In Chadian Capital To Protest Against Boko Haram[/size]

Thousands of people gathered for a march in Chad's capital N'djamena in support of the government's decision to send troops to Cameroon. Boko Haram is threatening neighbours who share borders with the northeastern zones occupied by the group.

(1) (Reply)

APC, Fayose Clash Over Student Leaders’ Arrest / PDP: Why Jonathan’ll Defeat Buhari In The North / Latest-100-working-mtn-cheat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.