Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (50511 Views)

Drop One WORD That Can Make Someone Check His/her Dictionary. / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by essayHelp(m): 12:32am On Jan 24, 2015
Animadversion.
Meretricious.
Hortatory.

The Revised General Gre is no longer riddled with obscure words. The focus has largely changed to contextual meanings of words and complex-- mostly convoluted-- sentences for the sentence equivalence and text completion sections.

Also, about half of all verbal questions are reading comprehension and critical reasoning questions.

It seems the priority is in comprehending grad-level passages, like those in journals and highbrow publications, such as the New York Times.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
"Bosun".
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by abdoolorunwa(m): 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
'pithecanthropus erectus'
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by justicejay(m): 8:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
Carmal90:
mini of What u said
mini of saki
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Carmal90(m): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2015
justicejay:

mini of saki
check ur dico
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by lukaze: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
I was somehow flabbergasted to discover a compendium of intelligentsia of this nature here on nairaland

Hold on, as I consult my lexicon to submit my gargantuan contribution to this.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Hawlahscho(m): 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Oba

Akimbo

Iroko
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by olexy4real(m): 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2015

For real me too. I wish I could form a study group. I want to get a 330 gre score in order to get into harvard. I am seriously struggling with the gre though. cry cry cry cry

Forming a study group is a very good idea, atleast we can leverage on each other. Am very intrested. Hw do I get in touch
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Gerrard59(m): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
Atychiphobia.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by olaniyanibukun0: 5:47am On Dec 09, 2015
Plight
Strap line
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Narnah(f): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
Baroque, savant
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by omonnakoda: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2015
Pudendal,hircine,autochthonous,verbigeration,fahlore, syzygy,opepe,quisling

These are all words that I have used normally on Nairaland cool
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Gerrard59(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
Pudendal,hircine,autochthonous,verbigeration,fahlore, syzygy,opepe,quisling

These are all words that I have used normally on Nairaland cool

Thanks a lot. Learnt new words.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by omonnakoda: 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
Gerrard59:

Thanks a lot. Learnt new words.
because you are grateful I will give you some more from my arsenal cool
Surfeit, youse, vetkoek, edam ,eevn
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by prahcetomi(m): 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
Taciturn................rhevolemantis
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by omonnakoda: 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2015
Sapele,Canada,,Brazil,Zaire,
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by favouryemmy: 3:23am On Dec 12, 2015
Stupendous, Bimbo
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by princealexndre(m): 3:24am On Dec 12, 2015
AD-lib
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by topealonso(m): 6:51am On Apr 06, 2017
jhudit:
a french word,means being care-free

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Facesitting: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2018

1 Like 10 Shares

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by opeyehmmy(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
eazydest:
Have u heard of this '' Quid Pro Quo'' dnt get it twisted, is an English word.

kinda Barter or Swap. I know this.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by wayodude(m): 10:54am On Oct 10, 2018
Ikebastomanamicacology cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nlng Post Graduate Scholarship 2015 / Nigeria Immigration Shortlisted Names For 2015 Recruitment CBT EXAM. / 'Evil Spirit' Reportedly Attacks Female Students In High School (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.