Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Why You Must Exercise In Cold Winter - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Must Exercise In Cold Winter (817 Views)

Woman Who Gave Birth At The Staff Screening Exercise In Kogi State, Gets N1m / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] / Lassa Fever: Don’t Drink Garri With Cold Water – NMA Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Exercise In Cold Winter by newslabb(m): 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
http://3.bp..com/-KIyvsCVU5NY/VLu2APR9I-I/AAAAAAAAAZw/-yoqy8gI0pc/s1600/fitness.jpg

There are many reasons why it’s crucial to work out during the winter season, but many of us tend to think that winter is a great time to relax and skip exercises. In fact, it’s even more important to exercise in winter than in summer since we spend lots of time lying on the couch and tend to eat more high calorie foods. Not only is it bad for your waistline, but it can also affect your health. Exercising all year round gives you fantastic benefits in your appearance and health, and helps you boost your energy and productivity. Take a look at the list of several reasons why it’s important to exercise in winter and make sure that you stick to your workout routine every day no matter the season.

1. Improve your immune system: Regular workout is a powerful immunity booster. Although healthy eating plays a more vital role in immune system development and maintenance, exercise can also help reduce the risk of cold and flu. Even a 10 minute workout can make a huge difference to how you feel. You don’t have to run in the morning, though, a few sit-ups or walking will be enough to improve your immune system.
2. Burn excess calorie[/b]s: During the cold winter months there’s nothing better and warmer than comfort food. Due to it we consume more calories than the body burns, and if you skip your workouts those excess calories are stored on your body as fat and you pack on the pounds faster than you realize it. Not to mention the holiday season and Valentine’s Day, when we consume tons of calories. Prevent winter weight gain and get ready to the summer season faster by exercising regularly in winter.

3.[b] Improve your mood
: In winter it’s difficult to stay motivated, productive and positive. The winter blues can make this beautiful season unhappy and it’s no wonder why. No one loves those cold, gray days. Although we can’t change the weather, we can change our mood. Exercising is one of the best way to improve your mood and combat the winter blues. Studies show that exercising helps boost your feel-good endorphins, making you feel happier.

4. Learn how to exercise in unpredictable situations: The winter season is full of surprises, but you shouldn’t let them prevent you from exercising. Get creative and think of the fun and interesting ways to stay active at home. Or, find the safe and fun ways to work out outdoors. From skiing, skating and sledging, to jumping the rope and yoga, there are many great options to consider. Learning how to exercise in unpredictable situations will definitely help you down the road.

5. Longer life: Hibernation might be a great thing, but it’s not good for your health and life. Too much sleep is as harmful as lack of sleep, and spending too much time in front of your computer or TV is even more harmful. An active lifestyle is the key to a long life. In winter you may not feel like working out, but if you want to live a longer, healthier life, make exercise a part of your daily routine.
6. Stay in shape: While you can hide those extra pounds under thick coats and sweaters in winter, you can’t hide them during the summer season. Exercising during the winter time helps you stay in shape and enjoy the spring season instead of spending hours in the gym getting your body bikini-ready. It’s always smarter to stay in shape all year round than to try lose weight in a month.

7. Break a habit of making excuses: In winter it’s not difficult to find an excuse to not exercise: the holiday season, bad weather, short days, or cold and flu. However, making excuses is a habit that you need to break as soon as possible. Why not do it this winter? It’s a challenging task, but you will develop a habit of working out every single day no matter the season, weather or day. When it’s cold and frosty outside, all you want is to curl up under a warm blanket in front of the fireplace, drinking hot tea or eating warm thing. However, you shouldn’t forget about
regular exercise. Stay active and healthy, and enjoy these two winter months to the fullest. How do you keep your exercise routine in winter?
Read more at http://www.healthterminalnews.com/2015/01/why-you-must-exercise-in-cold-winter.html
Re: Why You Must Exercise In Cold Winter by bjreal67(m): 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
I so much agree with all your points BUT exercise is not really Naija tin, people who work out in Naija are mostly Obese, diabetic or the sport people...... Nigerian are the people who do the Don't and take precaution later that is when they are at risk of an ailment.

Until a doctor tells us ahhh you are becoming obese and this could cause DEATH before Naija go hit gym night n day... Nobody one die

We should try and motivate ourselves. Working out is a great therapy.

I suggest that organizations should start using weight as a yard stick to remaining in a position just imagine most of our Governors with pot bellies no wonder they are not smart
Re: Why You Must Exercise In Cold Winter by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
bjreal67:
I so much agree with all your points BUT exercise is not really Naija tin, people who work out in Naija are mostly Obese, diabetic or the sport people...... Nigerian are the people who do the Don't and take precaution later that is when they are at risk of an ailment.

Until a doctor tells us ahhh you are becoming obese and this could cause DEATH before Naija go hit gym night n day... Nobody one die

We should try and motivate ourselves. Working out is a great therapy.

I suggest that organizations should start using weight as a yard stick to remaining in a position just imagine most of our Governors with pot bellies no wonder they are not smart
Hi, not all Nigerians are like that, I for one am not. I'm actually obsessed with exercise and good health, I'm sure there are others like me too. I agree with you on working out as a great therapy, health is wealth smiley

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Exercise In Cold Winter by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
isotonic:
Hi, not all Nigerians are like that, I for one am not. I'm actually obsessed with exercise and good health, I'm sure there are others like me too. I agree with you on working out as a great therapy, health is wealth smiley
From your post i could tell you are also xxxxxxx. How are you doing?
Re: Why You Must Exercise In Cold Winter by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

From your post i could tell you are also *****. How are you doing?
modify abeg lol I'm great and you?
Re: Why You Must Exercise In Cold Winter by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
isotonic:
modify abeg lol I'm great and you?
It seems those guys are bugging you. I am doing quite well.
Re: Why You Must Exercise In Cold Winter by bjreal67(m): 10:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
isotonic:

So that makes you one of the few that workout in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Special Foods To Burn Belly Fat / Why Is It Mandated For One To Shower Before Entering A Pool? / Private Psychiatric Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.