Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,457 members, 7,830,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

The "Oyel" Mentality. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The "Oyel" Mentality. (662 Views)

What Was Your Career Mentality As A Child And Now? / 10 Signs That Shows You Have A Poverty Mentality. / 30 Minutes Of Stardom: The cheap popularity mentality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The "Oyel" Mentality. by kachnov(m): 1:21am On Jan 19, 2015
It's no longer news,our precious black liquid gold may never return to its glory.From about a $100 to a mere $60 Pb ,world economies especially the OPEC nations are begining to adjust their saddles for the uncertainties ahead.
It's quite strange that the average Nigerian job seeker still craves the O and G job,turning a blind eye to the fact that some 10 years down the line ,if shale gas technology is steadily improved upon,then its inevitable that major IOC will have to downsize,whereas there Nigerian counterparts,the indigenous E&P /servicing firms might go extinct .
I also crave the O&G job,a young mechanical engineer I am but my philosophy has shifted a great deal since this sad reality befell us.Flexibility and dynamism should be our watchword,for those already in the "oyel" money circle ,please do well to start divesting and buffering up,to avoid stories that touches the heart .

As engineers ,let's supply this tasty baby called earth,the energy it requires,but it doesn't have to be viscous, dark,slimy,hiding 10,000ft beneath sea level,2800 psi ,105 bar ,oh I forgot the subzero terrains ,chopper vibrations ,machinery neighbors, sharks,bop failures ....lol anything to make me hate oleum for now.

Have a great year ahead.
Cheers .
Re: The "Oyel" Mentality. by unofficial(m): 2:32am On Jan 19, 2015
kachnov:
It's no longer news,our precious black liquid gold may never return to its glory.From about a $100 to a mere $60 Pb ,world economies especially the OPEC nations are begining to adjust their saddles for the uncertainties ahead.
It's quite strange that the average Nigerian job seeker still craves the O and G job,turning a blind eye to the fact that some 10 years down the line ,if shale gas technology is steadily improved upon,then its inevitable that major IOC will have to downsize,whereas there Nigerian counterparts,the indigenous E&P /servicing firms might go extinct .
I also crave the O&G job,a young mechanical engineer I am but my philosophy has shifted a great deal since this sad reality befell us.Flexibility and dynamism should be our watchword,for those already in the "oyel" money circle ,please do well to start divesting and buffering up,to avoid stories that touches the heart .

As engineers ,let's supply this tasty baby called earth,the energy it requires,but it doesn't have to be viscous, dark,slimy,hiding 10,000ft beneath sea level,2800 psi ,105 bar ,oh I forgot the subzero terrains ,chopper vibrations ,machinery neighbors, sharks,bop failures ....lol anything to make me hate oleum for now.

**runs off to monitor my total,etc applications**

Your write-up made sense till I saw the bolded.
Re: The "Oyel" Mentality. by kachnov(m): 7:46am On Jan 19, 2015
unofficial:

Your write-up made sense till I saw the bolded.

OK will modify it.Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Top Professional Exams In Nigeria / 6 / Those Writing The National Institute Of Marketing Of Nigeria,dec Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.