Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections (796 Views)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo) / Security Tips -for Forth Coming Elections / Safest Cities/states To Stay In Nigeria During The Coming Elections. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections by beila05(m): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
Dear Sir,
I want to first and foremost congratulate you on emerging the presidential candidate of the all progressive party (APC) the only real opposition party in my opinion in Nigeria, I want to seize this opportunity to also let you know that I am an in depth believer of your capabilities as a presidential aspirant and as against all religious and other malicious accusations against you, I have always sat down to do my own personal research about who you truly are, and I believe beyond all reasonable doubts that you can out-perform the present administration not in all areas, but in the areas that count, the areas that can prepare Nigeria for the next level, on the path to the promise land.
Sir I want to however bring to your notice that as much as I have gathered followers and educated volumes of Nigerians with your movement for change and raised up scores to continue the education of people of their free will and volition, I and many Nigerians who have vested our trust in you will not fail to castigate you if and when you become the Nigerian president and you betray that trust like other politicians in times past.

My current research shows that you will be inheriting a not so buoyant economy as information reaching myself and other Nigerians shows that the country’s foreign reserves and excess crude account have been depleted in such a way that the Nigerian economy may not be able to withstand any sudden shock, facts and figures shows oil prices have dropped and that invariably implies that oil which provides 75% of federal government income has suffered more than 75% percent drop in prices. The implications of this is that you must diversify the Nigerian economy and this we know takes a lot of time and with the size of the Nigerian civil service, its expenses, duplication of parastatals, it means only one of two things, its either you downsize on the civil service and merge certain parastatals, or you generate enough income to continue in the present squalor of tax payers money. If you choose to downsize the civil service it will quickly remove the hero status which many have tagged you and if you try to generate enough income to continue it will seem an impossible feet within such a short time, and if you go borrowing it will mean you have also increased our external debt, so in my honest opinion you would not only be needing properly schooled economic advisers, but rather advisers properly schooled with/in the Nigerian economy.

I also want to advise you on the case of the employment you have promised Nigerians because many Nigerians would be watching and since you won’t be inheriting a robust economy, it would be a tricky task but it is sub-mountable, to start with you will have to deal with electricity and even now that it has been privatized, the owners of some of these so called distribution companies are very corrupt and in addition to the fact that not enough power is generated for distribution and even that which is generated is not effectively distributed because the distribution companies refuse to give out meters and prefer to give Nigerians estimated bills that were never consumed, an example is where a two bedroom flat with a family of 3 averagely consume three thousand naira(N3,000) monthly and because he hasn’t been provided with a meter to measure consumption ,he would be given a bill of twelve thousand naira(N12,000,000) and this In its own way has increased the cost of SME’s and house hold expenses, making it harder for ends to meet and helping a few distribution company owners make a handsome kill at the expense of the masses and SME’s and to my utmost surprise the regulatory bodies responsible for overseeing and monitoring these bodies have kept silent, I mean the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) and other bodies responsible for overseeing these bodies have kept silent and until all these little agencies that previous/present governments has been seeing as irrelevant because they are not directly connected to oil generation are functional with sincere and service oriented bosses, employment generation would continue to mean increasing the size of the already over robust civil service. I also listened to your campaign on how you intend to use agriculture as a means to lure young graduates into agriculture as an alternative means for employment generation, it’s a good idea if the right steps are taken.

First the orientation of the common youth out there is that agriculture is for the poor or less fortunate and being tagged a farmer simply means being a pauper, you can go to streets and conduct your own survey, the youths of this great country, if they must go into agriculture must be sensitized and re-oriented all over again, that must invariably mean a review in the educational syllabus of the whole country and another quick and effective means to achieve this is to redirect the power of the national youth service corps (NYSC) that the new graduates do not go and join the already overdue unemployed youths, I can’t go into intricate details because I believe that your party has more than capable hands to choose from to assist you in leading us Nigerians and steering our economy away from complete ruin. These are projects you would have to keep an eye on yourself to ensure that all that you have promised Nigerians will come to pass.

I am also of the opinion that if you can get electricity generation to a point whereby supply exceeds demand then you would have reduced the problem of unemployment by half as it would encourage direct foreign investors back into the country because it makes economic sense to identify with a country with the highest gross domestic product (GDP) and the highest population in Africa. The only reason most companies have abandoned us is because of the high cost production(diesel) .The re-emergence of these companies like Dunlop and the likes will mop up the back log of employed youths, so your government must prioritize electricity generation and really monitor its generation.
Sir, I have also heard your promises of totally vanquishing the menace of insecurity and boko-haram making human lives equivalent to mere chickens, that’s a welcomed development and I don’t want to believe that I have more technical know-how in this field owing to the fact that you were a general once upon a time and that must translate to rigorous training and specialization to have risen to that position, I also have information that you had faced a similar menace during your time as military head of state, but I would want you also not to fail to look into the situation which has been calling for urgent attention which is the area of the soldiers complaining of insufficient fighting tools, it is possible that the present administration has been spending billions of dollars $$$ in equipping the army yet the commanders or some saboteurs in high places are making sure that this menace remains, either for political reasons or financial gains, because my father fought for this great nation to remain united in the fore front of the civil war and other peace keeping missions around Africa and he usually boasted of the gallantry of the Nigerian army and how we are celebrated all around the world, for the same army to be turned around and be filled with cowards and officers disobeying orders needs some looking into. In my honest opinion I don’t think the present administration did too badly in its fight except in the area of advisory and technical know-how. It would be a welcomed development if this boko- haram menace is vanquished and security within the country is strengthened.

It would also be a welcomed development if you lay the foundation for some kind of identification method of all Nigerians, I mean biometrics and if your government would have some kind of reforms for the police force, majority of them are ill-trained and seem not to have any education at all. It’s a national embarrassment to be reading on the national dailies that the Nigerian police force has been arresting goats and rams all around the country while there are stories of rape and armed robberies and all other social vices around the country. It is also pitiable that the police force is supposed to be an arm of government of the judiciary, and yet its head ,the inspector general is still appointed by the president and yet it’s supposed to work as an independent body and as a watch dog to the excesses of the executive arm of government which appoints its head. We Nigerians would really appreciate it if a bill is passed for the amendment of all these unnecessary powers the executive arm of government current wields, including the appointment of the independent electoral commissions heads (INEC). All of this directly or indirectly affects the country’s security one way or the other and we would appreciate that all of this change if and when you win the ‘Febuhari’ elections.

In general I would like to quickly add that it’s imperative that if and when elected president that you act with speed , surround yourself with disciplined and goal oriented advisors with the technical know-how, that you seek advice and rethink every action or major decision you want to take time and again before taking major decisions, Nigeria is a multi- ethnic nation and very difficult to govern as even the average educated Nigerian is not educated enough to understand the institution of government. I can go on and on with advice and all of that but I am not running for the office of the president and so I can only stop here and ask that you increase your online presence with your campaign and pray that you are victorious at the end of the ‘Febuhari’ elections, I and my movement have targeted convincing and educating an estimated one million voters of our own volition to see a better Nigeria that we all can call home in the nearest future.

Yours sincerely
President Anthill Movement

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections by Davotee(m): 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections by Dominicpupuru(m): 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
I sincerely love this write up and i'm in full support. Kudos Bro.
Re: Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections by Dominicpupuru(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
I sincerely love this and i'm in full support, kudos bro
Re: Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections by yeman05(m): 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice one...I think dat's all we need him 2 do
Re: Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections by kadas01(m): 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice write up by the author of this piece! You are a true Nigerian!
Re: Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections by emmasege: 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pathologically optimistic is the best way to describe u. Expecting an uneducated fellow to achieve these is like expecting a two year old to drive you home.
Re: Open Letter To General Buhari On The Forth Coming Elections by Rich4god(m): 3:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Am pretty sure that even buhari hiself will be bored by this your text book of a letter... *made sense though*

(1) (Reply)

How Will Buhari Stop Corruption? / Busted:buhari's Results Are Fake. Just Read / 5 Amazing Facts About The Feb 14th 2015 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.