Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Pls I Will Like To Know. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pls I Will Like To Know. (938 Views)

Toba Speaks On Why He Is Attracted To Muslim Girls And Would Like To Marry One / Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? / Like To Know About Ahmadiyya? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Will Like To Know. by bindex(m): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2008
It is written that the Prophet Mohammad SAW was given the Holy Quran which in itself is the greatest miracle of all times. He performed the Isra and Miraj whereby he was taken up to heaven and stood in the presence of Allah SWT. He once cleaved the moon into two halves. His companions were priviledged to see and be in the company of Angel Gabriel (albeit in human form) because of him. He revolutionized Arabia, and brought it from the depth of ignorance and depravity to the height of civilization. The prophet Mohammad is the most beloved to Allah out of all His Creations.

Can moslems explain to us how the prophet mohammed divided the moon into two halves? did the people living in China notice or see the division? what about people living in Indai, did they see the divided moon too? moslems in the house pls help us understand this.
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by olabowale(m): 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2008
Its Allah Who performed the Miracle, through the hands of Muhammad (AS). Just like each of the Miracles performed by the Prophets, Messengers, of Old. Muhammads condition was not different.

So the makkans asked for amiracle; split this full moon, shining on this clear evening. So Muhammad, said Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim, while he raised his fingers of the two hands. And separate them. The moon cracked and follow his fingers, as he directed the two pieces to opposite directios of two mountains.

The people in Arabia; makkans, and outside makka, and othr far away places saw the pieces of moon separate and apart from each other. People in Idia saw the pieces. And a King and his people in far away India became muslims because of what they witnessed.

Just like the way Al Nagashi of Ethiopia death was reported to the Prophet (AS), immediately that he did on the way in his journey to Makka, so that the first Salatul Ghaib (instead of Janazah) was made. The same way that the people in India who saw it, were previleged and became Muslims.

There is a Youtube piece about this.
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by dexmond: 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2009
@ Olabowale

I thought allah never performed a miracle by him because his mission was to be warn and guide!

Do you know this scripture? S. 13:7:

The unbelievers say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Thou art ONLY a warner, and a guide to every people.

Or could muslims have fabricated the story in other to satisfy the question of the jews who said he should produce a miracle like the other prophets before him to show he was from God ?
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by Abuzola(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2009
First, what is miracle ? A miracle is a supernatural and extraordinary event from God.
With this definition you will agree that since Muhammad is not God then he can't perform a miracle except by the leave of God .
Quran 29:50
'And they say 'why are not miracles sent down to him (Muhammad) from his Lord ? Say (O Muhammad) 'The miracles are only with Allah and I (Muhammad) am only a plain warner'

Quran 3:144
'Muhammad is no more than a messenger, and indeed many messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers) ?. And He who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah: and Allah will give reward to those who are grateful'

And what about jesus did he do miracle by his own power ?
John 5:30
jesus said 'I can do nothing on my own authority'

now back to our discussion, if all the Prophets can do nothing of their own authority then they are all a plain warner Quran 15:94-95. 'Therefore proclaim openly that which you are commanded and turn away from the disbelievers. Truly ! Allah will suffice you against the scoffers.

Prophet Muhammad performed thousand miracles but by God's authority, Muhammad can do nothing except with the leave of his Lord
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by dexmond: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2009
can you list just 5 of the miracles that are contained in the quran that God performed through him? pls don't give me stories from the hadith nor tell me that the quran itself is a miracle.
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by olabowale(m): 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2009
@dexmond: « #2 on: Today at 07:01:23 PM »
@ Olabowale. I thought allah never performed a miracle by him because his mission was to be warn and guide! Do you know this scripture? S. 13:7: The unbelievers say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Thou art ONLY a warner, and a guide to every people. Or could muslims have fabricated the story in other to satisfy the question of the jews who said he should produce a miracle like the other prophets before him to show he was from God ?
Good question, dexmond. And the disbeliver, Fir'awn did not believe the signs of God, in the performances done through Musa. And the disbeliever Jews did not even believe the perormances done by Allah through Isa bin Mariam. When jesus was asked by his disciles fSigns, he gave them a sign of 3 days and 3 nights like that of the exact signs of Jonah in the belly of the Whale!

Now the miracles of Muhammad from Allah: the Nightly Journey of isra wa miraj. Another is telling his uncle Abilahab that he will never become Muslim by surah "Taba ti a dah". Yet another is the impending victory of Rome over Persia, after such being badly defeated. Another one is the preservation of the body of Fir'awn as a sign for future generations. Another is the splitting of the moon, in Surah Qamar. Another one is the victory over disbelievung Makka. Another is that the Quran will be protected and will never be corrupted. Another is that there will never be a new revelation, or a new Real Messenger or Prophet from God after Muhammad, another religion to be revealed to mankind. You want more read the Quran.
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by dexmond: 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2009
@Olabowale

If you don't mind can you show me where they are recorded in the quran, I want to read it myself for I will never accpet except I read thats why I give references where necessary.
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by olabowale(m): 12:35am On Aug 03, 2009
@Dexmond, you should have gogogled everyone of them.
the Nightly Journey of isra wa miraj. First few verses of Surah Isra and the first 20 of Surah Najm.
Another is telling his uncle Abilahab that he will never become Muslim by surah "Taba ti a dah". Surah Taba tia dah.
Yet another is the impending victory of Rome over Persia, after such being badly defeated. Surah Rum; verses 1-5.
Another one is the preservation of the body of Fir'awn as a sign for future generations. Chapter 10 of Quran, verses 91 and 92.
Another is the splitting of the moon, in Surah Qamar.
Another one is the victory over disbelievung Makka. Surah Fath chapter48, verses 27 and 28.
Another is that the Quran will be protected and will never be corrupted. Surah Hijr 9.
Another is that there will never be a new revelation, or a new Real Messenger or Prophet from God after Muhammad, Surah Ahzab.
no another religion to be revealed to mankindn and none will be accepted apart from Islam. Surah Imran; 85. Surah Al Maidah; verse 3.and also Rum, verse 30.
You want more read the Quran.
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by Tudor6(f): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2009
See the way so called educated people fall prey to deception all in the name of religion. . .
Only a deluded fool believes a man split the moon in half!
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by littleb(m): 12:51am On Aug 05, 2009
The moon was splited and witness by people and was recorded. You don't accept it shouldn't be a problem unless you have a proof against it. Jesus was once said raised the dead, witnessed and recorded as well.
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by Tudor6(f): 9:43am On Aug 05, 2009
littleb:

The moon was splited and[b] witness by people and was recorded.[/b] You don't accept it shouldn't be a problem unless you have a proof against it. Jesus was once said raised the dead, witnessed and recorded as well.
Are you an illiterate?
Did you not go to school or is quranic education that daft?

Who recorded the split moon?
If your prophet did indeed split the moon in half the whole world would have seen it and recorded it, or did they not teach you in arabic school that the earth has ONE moon and a split moon would be seen and recorded by at least half the world. . .eclipses that occur are seen by many regions thus are recorded by different people but in the case of your lying prophet only he and his followers saw it. . .how gullible can people be!
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by olabowale(m): 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Tudor: « #10 on: Today at 09:43:49 AM »
Are you an illiterate?
Did you not go to school or is quranic education that daft?
No. But you sure sound like an educated illiterate with the below.

Who recorded the split moon?
Those who saw it. Primarily the pagan arabs who ascribed it to magic. By that they remained disbelievers, until Makka was opened by the believers under Muhammad (AS), their leader. Also seen by an Indian of Asia King and his kingdom. They believed in it and at least the king and many in his Kingdom became Muslim as soon as they realised that it was conneceted to a human Messenger Prophet (AS)!

If your prophet did indeed split the moon in half the whole world would have seen it and recorded it, or did they not teach you in arabic school that the earth has ONE moon and a split moon would be seen and recorded by at least half the world. . .eclipses that occur are seen by many regions thus are recorded by different people but in the case of your lying prophet only he and his followers saw it. . .how gullible can people be!
Again, you seem to be talking from both sides of your mouth. Since the miracle was primarily meant for those who asked for a sign, and specifically the splitting of the moon, they saw the miracle happened. Those who share the night with Makka if the weather was clear, like a starry night without clouds and if looking up would have seen it! Its not like the moon was allowed to stay for hours or a relatively long time or all night long in the divided position. No. It was for a short time, long enough for those who have faith, regardless their location to see it. If you and I had been alive, I would have witnessed it, and you Tudor, even if I show it to you would have seen nothing or take it for something else other than what it is!

And the eart is not flat. The whole world does not see the same time all together at once. At best 1/3 of the world surfacewould have been exposed to the moment of the moon split, and we must factor in hat others are doing and the weather conditions. Makka was a desert and its evening will be different from that of other climatic and vegetation conditions.
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by Tudor6(f): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2009
olabowale:

@Tudor: « #10 on: Today at 09:43:49 AM »   No. But you sure sound like an educated illiterate with the below.

It's only an illiterate that believes someone split the moon in half. . .how insanely stupid!
Those who saw it. Primarily the pagan arabs who ascribed it to magic. By that they remained disbelievers, until Makka was opened by the believers under Muhammad (AS), their leader. Also seen by an Indian of Asia King and his kingdom. They believed in it and at least the king and many in his Kingdom became Muslim as soon as they realised that it was conneceted to a human Messenger Prophet (AS)!

Out of the whole region only one king and his kingdom saw it. . .indeed!
Where are the independent records made by the indians apart from the book of lies called the koran?

Again, you seem to be talking from both sides of your mouth. Since the miracle was primarily meant for those who asked for a sign, and specifically the splitting of the moon, they saw the miracle happened. Those who share the night with Makka if the weather was clear, like a starry night without clouds and if looking up would have seen it! Its not like the moon was allowed to stay for hours or a relatively long time or all night long in the divided position. No. It was for a short time, long enough for those who have faith, regardless their location to see it.
LIES! how many people of different locations saw it?
We can't just believe mohammed split the moon based on what we read from a book written by HIS FOLLOWERS. Where are the independent records of non-associated witnesses?
If you and I had been alive, I would have witnessed it, and you Tudor, even if I show it to you would have seen nothing or take it for something else other than what it is!

This is just plain stupid! Now i know islam= delusion
And the eart is not flat. The whole world does not see the same time all together at once. At best 1/3 of the world surfacewould have been exposed to the moment of the moon split, and we must factor in hat others are doing and the weather conditions. Makka was a desert and its evening will be different from that of other climatic and vegetation conditions.
Is this an excuse?
The last eclipse that was in asia was seen in over 8 countries irrespective of weather and location. . .so try again!
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by olabowale(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Tudor: over 1400 years ago, the world was not ths populated. I hope you know that. And the sighting of the Indian King, etc is not recorded in the Quran. So much for your knowledge of the Quran. I am wondering if you believe anything except that you see it? How did you come about? Now trace your human steps back to its origin, you will find a single man and his Creator! The moon has been determined to have a crack, by the Apollo 1969 moon astronauts who landed on its surface.
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by Nezan(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
olabowale:

The moon has been determined to have a crack, by the Apollo 1969 moon astronauts who landed on its surface.
And the crack was caused by mohammed? what of the countinous motion of moon as well as the physical activities going on on the moon? I believe you will one day claim mohammed split the earth too and give the many gullies here as evidences grin grin grin
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by Tudor6(f): 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
olabowale:

@Tudor: over 1400 years ago, the world was not ths populated. I hope you know that.
So what?
At least there were people occupying that region albeit scarcely populated
And the sighting of the Indian King, etc is not recorded in the Quran. So much for your knowledge of the Quran.
Really? Where is it recorded?
I am wondering if you believe anything except that you see it? How did you come about? Now trace your human steps back to its origin, you will find a single man and his Creator!
Rubbish! Have you traced yours?
Tell me who was your ancestor 5000 years ago?
The moon has been determined to have a crack, by the Apollo 1969 moon astronauts who landed on its surface.
SOURCE?
Evidence?
Re: Pls I Will Like To Know. by Abuzola(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2009
Use the google or youtube video. You will be amazed

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Terrorism / Islam And Sex / Please Who Is A Sinner Between The Three?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.