Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

How To Avoid Paying Taxes In Nigeria. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Avoid Paying Taxes In Nigeria. (3008 Views)

Benue: Dangote Calls For Review Of Taxes, Levies / Lagosians Have 8 Days To Pay Their Taxes Or Face Prosecution / FIRS Shuts Firms In Warri, Lagos, Ilorin Over Unpaid Taxes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid Paying Taxes In Nigeria. by Nmeri17: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
CashdownNG:
this is what happens when etisalat gives free mb and the person is probably a minor..

any dumb as.s knows that tax shelters and evasions are two different things or did she say how to evade taxes in Nigeria?

Chai!! no wonder we have a country like this, we no dey read at all;!!!!
grin grin
Re: How To Avoid Paying Taxes In Nigeria. by fourtuna(f): 9:24am On Mar 09, 2015
Re: How To Avoid Paying Taxes In Nigeria. by fourtuna(f): 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Re: How To Avoid Paying Taxes In Nigeria. by VolvoS60(m): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
fourtuna:

Please understand this carefully.

Tax Avoidance is Legal while Tax Evasion is illegal. Where u arrange your affairs with a view of minimizing your tax it is called Tax Avoidance whereas where you deliberately avoid paying your tax obligation, you have committed a crime by evading tax and can be prosecuted.

So if u can use the loopholes in the taxing statutes to your own benefit with the aid of a Tax Consultant/ Lawyer, you are safe.

^^^

Good thread OP.

What do tax consultants/lawyers typically charge? (Very broad question, I know). Quite a number of small businesses are struggling to make an impact in the market so engaging a tax consultant may seem like a burden too heavy to bear. It is a tough call to make - some small businesses just try to figure things out on their own.

I am all for people getting themselves educated. I am not an accountant/lawyer but I have made educating myself on these matters a priority. Any tips to share? For example are there any tax avoidance measures to take when buying office equipment or hardware of any kind? What other areas apart from the WHT issue you explained can provide tax relief to SMEs? In deciding what bank accounts to run and whether or not to buy equities in the name of the enterprise - are there any tax implications?
Re: How To Avoid Paying Taxes In Nigeria. by fourtuna(f): 11:12am On Mar 12, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^

Good thread OP.

What do tax consultants/lawyers typically charge? (Very broad question, I know). Quite a number of small businesses are struggling to make an impact in the market so engaging a tax consultant may seem like a burden too heavy to bear. It is a tough call to make - some small businesses just try to figure things out on their own.

I am all for people getting themselves educated. I am not an accountant/lawyer but I have made educating myself on these matters a priority. Any tips to share? For example are there any tax avoidance measures to take when buying office equipment or hardware of any kind? What other areas apart from the WHT issue you explained can provide tax relief to SMEs? In deciding what bank accounts to run and whether or not to buy equities in the name of the enterprise - are there any tax implications?

when it comes to charges,its between the tax consultant and the tax payer. Charges can be from N20,000 and above.
Pertaining to the questions posed to mi by you, you can contact mi through camelotchambers@gmail.com for more info on tax issues.
Best Regards.
Re: How To Avoid Paying Taxes In Nigeria. by fourtuna(f): 10:20am On Apr 19, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nig To Earn N77 Trn Yrly 4rm Sesame Seeds, Biz Eye-opener To Research On / Where Do I Get Rods At Wholesale Price / Check out scooper. An earning app.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.