Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,128 members, 7,829,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

My Experience At The Petrol Station - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At The Petrol Station (1127 Views)

A Nairalander's Flood Experience At Alagbole Under Bridge (photos) / Tanker Explodes At A Petrol Station In Kano This Morning. Photos / Siblings Burnt In Osogbo Petrol Station Fire Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The Petrol Station by Merlissa(f): 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
Good Evening, fellow Niaralanders.

This my short story is one of the reasons am NOT voting for PDP!

It all started yesterday when the price of fuel was reduced by N10 (instead of buying at N97 we now buy at N87/liter)

At least it's a sensible move by Oga Jona.. I was expecting it to go lower since the price of oil has reduced below half!

This evening, on my way from work, I stopped by the petrol station to buy fuel. When I got down I saw N97 shocked

I told the attendant that the Federal Government said effective today, petrol should be sold at N87. The attendant looked at me and said, Madam we still dey sell old stock grin

I laughed and asked, so when is the 'New' stock (wondering if petrol us now stock) arriving, he laughed and said madam you still wan buy petrol? Cars dey wait o!

I bought my fuel and drive off. As I was driving I just had to ask why make promise you can't fulfill??

PDP your one vote short as I aint gonna vote for you!

Has the price of fuel reduced in your area??

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by thiefnubu(m): 9:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
Op

Wetin you been dey expect? undecided

If they bought at the old price, they should definitely sell at the old price...

When they buy at the new price, then they can sell at the new price

DOES THE OWNER OF THE FILLING STATION LOOK LIKE A FATHER CHRISTMAS?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by Elslim: 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2015
Just same way to lied to us dat Cement is now N1000... Buh in reality is still sells for far more than dat.

Sai Buhari
Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by uboma(m): 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
@ op, i couldnt get fuel at the new price today. Some of the Petrol Stations still sold for 97naira per litre. But some people bought at the new pump price. I am sure that before the end of the week, all Petrol Stations will have implemented the new pump price.

Lets enjoy it while the offer last.
Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
Merlissa:

It all started yesterday when the price of fuel was reduced by N10 (instead of buying at N97 we now buy at N87/liter)

At least it's a sensible move by Oga Jona.. I was expecting it to go lower since the price of oil has reduced below half!

This evening, on my way from work, I stopped by the petrol station to buy fuel. When I got down I saw N97 shocked

I told the attendant that the Federal Government said effective today, petrol should be sold at N87. The attendant looked at me and said, Madam we still dey sell old stock grin

I laughed and asked, so when is the 'New' stock (wondering if petrol us now stock) arriving, he laughed and said madam you still wan buy petrol? Cars dey wait o!

I bought my fuel and drive off. As I was driving I just had to ask why make promise you can't fulfill??

wheather u vote or not what significant different does it make?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by demelza: 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Tinubu:
Op

Wetin you been dey expect? undecided

If they bought at the old price, they should definitely sell at the old price...

When they buy at the new price, then they can sell at the new price

DOES THE OWNER OF THE FILLING STATION LOOK LIKE A FATHER CHRISTMAS?

I am sorry but this does not hold water.
If the price had been increased, these same petrol stations would have implemented it with immediate effect irrespective of the economics of old and new stock.
Government always has to browbeat these guys before they comply.
Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by bastien: 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Everything na Jona

Manchester city lose to arsenal, jona!
Muna (rip) die Jona
Sokoto youth sweep dusty road, jona
South Africa, lose after scoring first jona
Ur bet ticket burst, jona

Weitin self!!!!

Una no know say na we be government? Na we the government (citizen) na e bad and corrupt pass....

Every thing get there ministers n chairman, why blame jona

Like it or not; whether you vote or not GOVERNMENT go still RULE

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by thiefnubu(m): 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
demelza:
I am sorry but this does not hold water.
If the price had been increased, these same petrol stations would have implemented it with immediate effect irrespective of the economics of old and new stock.
Government always has to browbeat these guys before they comply.

Isn't it the point of business to make maximum profit?

Since when did filling stations become Charity organizations? undecided

If government policy doubles their profit, it's alleluia for them grin
If government policy just like the instant case, seeks to make them lose already anticipated profit, then they have every right to protect their profit margin cry

If you feel too bad about it, please be a Good Samaritan and go and buy 300,000 liters of PMS at the old price, and come and sell at the new price. undecided
Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by kennynelcon(m): 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Madam 1M -1=?. in maths we assume it's an infinite value n term u negligible. wait till they get new stock...
Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by ahnie: 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nigerians...go about your normal businesses...the situation is under control.
Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by demelza: 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Tinubu:

Isn't it the point of business to make maximum profit?

Since when did filling stations become Charity organizations? undecided

If government policy doubles their profit, it's alleluia for them grin
If government policy just like the instant case, seeks to make them lose already anticipated profit, then they have every right to protect their profit margin cry

If you feel too bad about it, please be a Good Samaritan and go and buy 300,000 liters of PMS at the old price, and come and sell at the new price. undecided

The only problem is how in the world will I be able to store that amount of fuel? Make a suggestion and this could be a good partnership.
Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nope.
I have been buying 105 since the days of 97N.
Still bought N105 today, the usual old stock story is normal.
Cost price determines the selling price.
We don't expect them to sell below.

The problem is that their old stock no dey ever finish.
Re: My Experience At The Petrol Station by Stanislause94: 10:29pm On Feb 13
Merlissa:

grin crazy world

(1) (Reply)

The "Atrocities" Of Barcanista, And The Lessons There Of!! / To Seun / What Is Wrong With This Advert (ghana Mourners Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.