Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,161 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Divine Perfection - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Divine Perfection (1377 Views)

Christianity - The Perfection Of Narcissism, Selfishness And Apathy. / Divine Perfection / Divine Perfection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Divine Perfection by rccgamg: 10:32pm On Jan 19, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu2nnJqx1GA

Genesis 17:1
"And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect."

Any time God visits man, it is because God wants to bless.

God decided to appear to Abraham to speak to him.

God had to announce to Abraham who he was before passing the message, God says I am the almighty.

Why will God suddenly request for a perfect walk?
God requests for a perfect walk because he wanted to bless Abraham.

Divine perfection goes beyond looks.
Divine means heavenly and what is not natural.

It is natural to Sin, lie, falsify record.

Romans 7:14-25
"14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin."
"15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I."
"16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good."
"17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me."
"18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not."
"19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."
"20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me."
"21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me."
"22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:"
"23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members."
"24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"
"25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

God understands that we are struggling with Sin, but won't understand the rejection of his call.

1 John 5:17-18
"17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death."
"18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not."

Sin makes wretched.

Romans 6:23
"23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

God wants us to walk perfectly.

Divine perfection is working without Sin

Mark 10:17-21
"17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?"
"18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
"19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother."
"20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth."
"21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me."

Divine Perfection is not what can be done by Human power.
We need God to help us with divine perfection.
Give your life to God to experience God's divine perfection.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Did TB Joshua Predict Buhari's Victory 5 Years Ago??? / Largely Neglected By Men, But Never Forgotten By God / How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.