Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA (34718 Views)

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price / See What The Current Petrol/economic Condition In Nigeria Has Caused..hilarious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by bajosky: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2015
realnaijaa:
hello my guy the truth is that you are not current.with what is happening in the us.presently
A gallon of petrol sells for $1.55 in some states while in some its $1.60.check your facts before saying rubbish.

ie about 185 naira per liter @ USA Price.
Thunder Go fire all those who are against this reduction whenever they go to buy fuel.

may their generator knock down .AMen

may their car engine knock down .Amen

All Their Home & office appliances(bulb,ac,fridge,lap top, phone chargers,televisions etc may they get damage. AMEn

un grateful ppl
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by oge4real(f): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2015
Thank God there was even a reduction.
I bought unleaded petrol this afternoon for 85cents. Wish I had a tank to store some too.... No blame me, I be Igbo blood, lol

Let's hope that the price in Nigeria gets better soon.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by lawbabs: 11:47am On Jan 20, 2015
bishopclin:
I saw various posts on the social media, criticising federal government's reduction of gasoline(PMS or Petrol) pump price from N97 to N87. More worrisome is the fact that some of our youths join the bandwagon in the criticism.

I wonder why we have some youths of our country who can not make use of their brains to ponder on issues that would further enrich the country. Present day youths are being tossed around by the older ones and sometimes, by illiterates. ‎

Drivers paid an average of $2.2021 a gallon for regular gasoline at U.S. pumps of recent in the US (do some ‎confirmation) 1US gallon = 3.7854ltrs‎ ‎$2.2021 = N398.58 (@ exchange rate of N181/$) Therefore, 1gallon = N398.58 ÷ ‎3.7854ltrs = N105.29/ltr in the US

Meanwhile, in Nigeria, after taking into consideration, landing costs and other expenses, it is N85/ltr for the same litre of gasoline yet people are ignorantly ranting on social media and elsewhere. Between Nigeria and the US, which is better? What has happened to some present day youths in my dear country, Nigeria‎? Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan has indeed shown that he has the interest of Nigerians at heart.‎

Do you even understand what they call "Purchasing Power Parity". If you do, you will not even write all these. Cos the lowest income earner in America earns more than a worker who goes home with N130,000 in Nigeria. So if minimum wage is about N130,000 (for instance) in America, and N18,000 is minimum wage in Nigeria, Is it right for us to be paying similar pump price of petroleum? Morever, Jonathan promised to make the refineries work. If he had done so, we wouldnt need to import PMS or kerosene. You will find that the price will be as low as N40 for fuel. So please, when nigerians cry about government policies and ineptitude, it is because it affects them. Gone are the days when you can save up to 30% of salary. Nowadays, you borrow more money before the month ends. Is that what we want to continue...

When Jonathan was suppose to think of these things, he was taking us for granted... Now he can smell the wave of revolution called "CHANGE"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by rman: 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
EMANY01:

My brother,the things I hear/read on nairaland.
Setting aside obvious typographical errors (that everyone makes), the logic(more accurately illogic) ,pseudo analytics and horrible word construction displayed on this site , specifically the politics section,makes me wonder if it the same Nigerian Universities we all attended.
I cringe at times.

Religious, Politics and ethnic bias has clouded their sense of logic.

Their reasoning is basically programmed to support their bias no matter what. Pathetic!
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Gallass:

STILL ON STILL, you can not earn more than 18,000 as a security man in a government agency even if you work your socks off.

in nigeria?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by obstead200(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
dre11:
Op

What's the minimum wage in America
At least we need to balance that tooo

MAY GOD BLESS U FOR THIS UR QUESTION.
DONT MIND THE IM.BECILE OP
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by obstead200(m): 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
psucc:
I disagree with the price drop to N65/ltr.

My opinion is that government should break the monopoly created by the few importers of these products, then allow the sector to be regulated by market forces. That I mean even if petroleum products would be sold in the open market like palm oil, better.

Our problems is this cycle of monopoly.
MAY WE SEE MORE COMMON SENSE PPLE LIKE U ON NAIRALAND.
NOT THE STUPID POLITICIANS ROUTING FOR EITHER GEJ OR GMB
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by obstead200(m): 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
lawbabs:

Do you even understand what they call "Purchasing Power Parity". If you do, you will not even write all these. Cos the lowest income earner in America earns more than a worker who goes home with N130,000 in Nigeria. So if minimum wage is about N130,000 (for instance) in America, and N18,000 is minimum wage in Nigeria, Is it right for us to be paying similar pump price of petroleum? Morever, Jonathan promised to make the refineries work. If he had done so, we wouldnt need to import PMS or kerosene. You will find that the price will be as low as N40 for fuel. So please, when nigerians cry about government policies and ineptitude, it is because it affects them. Gone are the days when you can save up to 30% of salary. Nowadays, you borrow more money before the month ends. Is that what we want to continue...

When Jonathan was suppose to think of these things, he was taking us for granted... Now he can smell the wave of revolution called "CHANGE"

MAY UR DAYS BE LONG.

MAY GOD PUNISH THE OP FOR HIS GROSS STUPIDITY. DOES HE THINK WE ARE FOOLS AND ILLITERATES LIKE HIS CLAN?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Dammyjohn(m): 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
herald9:

What's so hard in dropping that Gaddam thing to N65...

For Pete's sake oil is 'made in Nigeria ' undecided
I believe with time it will be reduced to #4o/ltr.Let be patient with my honourable President Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
MsNas:

The US produces more than enough oil. Maybe you're confused cos America isn't part of the OPEC states. OPEC means Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries. America cannot be part of it because the oil it produces is not even enough, the even need to import more. The state of California itself uses all the oil they produce (despite the high volume) and still need to Import more. Texas is the highest oil producing state in America.

The production here is more than 7.5million barrels per day. Which accounts for 12% of the world oil production
Help me teach am jare. Maybe he dont forget say na year 2015 we dey no be 2005. i no no say person with low IQ like this stil dey my e-country o.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by 989900: 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Make the refineries work!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Lanrefreshkid: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nigeria wiould remain stagnant if filled with people that reason like this op.

You compare fuel price, what about minimum wage and is USA the reason for Naira devaluation??

I dont know if you are jona's relative or something but i sure in the future your children will ask what have you done in your time to make thier future bright and i hope you would have something to say
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Lanrefreshkid: 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
bajosky:

ie about 185 naira per liter @ USA Price.
Thunder Go fire all those who are against this reduction whenever they go to buy fuel.

may their generator knock down .AMen

may their car engine knock down .Amen

All Their Home & office appliances(bulb,ac,fridge,lap top, phone chargers,televisions etc may they get damage. AMEn

un grateful ppl

So unfortunate we have a lot of jonathanians like you that think like Fayose...You are all a curse to Nigeria and the change is here dont panic...Nigeria on her road to Redemption!!
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by bajosky: 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lanrefreshkid:

So unfortunate we have a lot of jonathanians like you that think like Fayose...You are all a curse to Nigeria and the change is here dont panic...Nigeria on her road to Redemption!!

TO HELL WITH YOU & YOUR ILLETRATE REDEEMER .
I WONDER HOW DEEP THEKIND OF PIT U AND YOUR PROCLAIMED ,AGED,JIHADIST , DOUBLE STANDARD KWOROPT LEADER & COUPIST.

KEEP DREAMING COS GMB IS A CUSTOMIZE LOOSER

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by sorepco(m): 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
hear urself out!! minimum wage in the US N18,000 a month in the US? that is like $100? are you serious? Eventhat cat be the minimum wage in a week in the US. get ur facts right before coming to comment here...

nwanna89:
Minimum wage in USA is not 18,000 naira per month
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by lawbabs: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
obstead200:

MAY UR DAYS BE LONG.

MAY GOD PUNISH THE OP FOR HIS GROSS STUPIDITY. DOES HE THINK WE ARE FOOLS AND ILLITERATES LIKE HIS CLAN?

Amen my guy! You see why they didnt want the education sector to work because it will be easy to sell junks to the masses. See the advert that mad man, Fayose wrote in the dailies yesterday just to whip sentiments for jonathan. He paid N20 million for that... Nonsense!
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Lanrefreshkid: 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
bajosky:

TO HELL WITH YOU & YOUR ILLETRATE REDEEMER .
I WONDER HOW DEEP THEKIND OF PIT U AND YOUR PROCLAIMED ,AGED,JIHADIST , DOUBLE STANDARD KWOROPT LEADER & COUPIST.

KEEP DREAMING COS GMB IS A CUSTOMIZE LOOSER

I would rather vote a capenter than vote a corrupt Phd holder that believes stealling is corruption..

I am not even a fan of buhari neither am i a politician but a Nigerian that wants change and good for his beloved people and nigeria..

My bro dont let religion, tribe or bags of rice blind you from the truth if not for the sake of Nigeria but for the sake of your children. This man has been tested but not trusted.Dont sell your right!!

I love to sense the bitterness in jona follower's..The truth is bitter they say, Nigerians are trying to feed you the truth and you refusing it even if you will purge you got no choice bro...we will feed you till you all TANians seize to exist.

We are tired of all the i wear no shoes gimmicks
tired of a leader that uses clerics to loot money.
tired of this hypocrite.

The truth is you are all afraid of change and defeat cos when i said change, i never told you i was refering to Buhari..change can be anyone or is he the only candidate contesting against your jona?

Be a true Nigerian bro not a bought Nigerian. one love
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by ellahzy(f): 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
No need to argue
lemme check the nearest filling station to confirm.
*carries 20litres gallon and zooms off* sad
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by armadeo(m): 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
At least Na only car u dey buy fuel for.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Okaka27(m): 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lol, who is this frustrated soul? grin
u see wat am saying ...u dnt have?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Truckpusher(m): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
Okaka27:
u see wat am saying ...u dnt have?
Gerrout of my face you vowel nigglet. tongue
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Okaka27(m): 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
Gerrout of my face you vowel nigglet. tongue
no truck to push
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
sorepco:
hear urself out!! minimum wage in the US N18,000 a month in the US? that is like $100? are you serious? Eventhat cat be the minimum wage in a week in the US. get ur facts right before coming to comment here...

Read what i wrote properly before commenting. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Thereishel: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
Liar liar liar!! Are u living in America? it is a lie 1 gallon = 4 liters in USA. Apart from this, a gallon of petrol is being sold for less than $2 in America. By the way how can you be comparing Nigeria with USA economically; minimum wage in naija is #18,000 which is equivalent to $100 here. Other African countries and middle East that are producing crude oil, Nigeria still have highest price of gasoline compared to them. Reduction in pump price by #10 is a deception, GEJ would increase the price again when he win the election.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Truckpusher(m): 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
Okaka27:
no truck to push
It's alright Kiddo I understand your problem - You need attention.
I just gave you a like on your profile DP and I hope it will stop your restiveness and aggression towards elders. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by TaiKuun(m): 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
nwanna89:
Minimum wage in USA is not 18,000 naira per month

Please tell the OP to think. He forgot that unreasonable idiots like him are not the only one that would see his posts
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by TaiKuun(m): 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Amisec:
This same GEJ increased the minimum wage to 18,000 naira don't forget. Some governors shouting change today has neither allowed the minimum wage to be paid nor passed PIB.

Considering the removal of subsidy?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by ikweremilitant: 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
Joel3:
[size=25pt]
one barrel of crude oil is now below 50$

One barrel of crude if refine is equivalent to 150 liters of fuel.

Do the maths

Why can't we own a refinery?

If we refine this crude oil in nigeria there will be no need spending money for imported fuel.

We could simply buy locally refine fuel for 20naira.

Oil thefts steals 400,000 barrel per day.

And nigeria only need free 250,000 barrel per days to power our economy, but only few people enrich themselves with GEJ.

This will only make us to spend for refining cost and by then it will be around 10naira if crude oil is free.

This will make our economy more stronger and the poor will feel the impact of a government. No robbery and kidnapping.

to power electricity and the whole nigeria economy is 250,000 a day. Oil thefts steals 400,000 per day.

Jonathan failed nigerians

[/size]
my broda u started well but end up saying trash.was gudluk d one that broke down the refinaries?was it nt the idiots shouting change 2dy that knew wat hapand to it.abacha,abdulsalam,obj and yaradua did noting about d mafias sabotaging our refinaries and yet u find it convinent to blame gej.if we nigerians want genuine change their should be a revolution,outside that,leave gej out of this and folow the trend.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by TaiKuun(m): 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ipledge:
whic work collect $60 a day in USA?

Remember #18,000 a month is #600 a day

How much do you spend in Nigeria per day?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
TaiKuun:

How much do you spend in Nigeria per day?
how much do you spend in USA per day?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by bajosky: 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
THEN B/W GEJ & GMB WHO DO YOU PREFER AS THIS HOPEFUL REDEEMER ? OR FROM D OTHER UN POPULAR 8 CANDIDATES ?.

RSVP
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Fourwinds: 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
bishopclin:
I saw various posts on the social media, criticising federal government's reduction of gasoline(PMS or Petrol) pump price from N97 to N87. More worrisome is the fact that some of our youths join the bandwagon in the criticism.

I wonder why we have some youths of our country who can not make use of their brains to ponder on issues that would further enrich the country. Present day youths are being tossed around by the older ones and sometimes, by illiterates. ‎

Drivers paid an average of $2.2021 a gallon for regular gasoline at U.S. pumps of recent in the US (do some ‎confirmation) 1US gallon = 3.7854ltrs‎ ‎$2.2021 = N398.58 (@ exchange rate of N181/$) Therefore, 1gallon = N398.58 ÷ ‎3.7854ltrs = N105.29/ltr in the US

Meanwhile, in Nigeria, after taking into consideration, landing costs and other expenses, it is N85/ltr for the same litre of gasoline yet people are ignorantly ranting on social media and elsewhere. Between Nigeria and the US, which is better? What has happened to some present day youths in my dear country, Nigeria‎? Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan has indeed shown that he has the interest of Nigerians at heart.‎

can u tell us d minimum wage in USA. and off course d health insurance policy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Is PDP Sharing Mobile Phones As A Campaign Strategy? / Atiku Abubakar Visits Najib Razak, Prime Minister Of Malaysia. Photos / Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.