Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA (34716 Views)

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price / See What The Current Petrol/economic Condition In Nigeria Has Caused..hilarious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

not all man.
which state?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Owliver(m): 5:15am On Jan 20, 2015
beckleyhans:
Pls ooo is america an oil produceng country. must nigeria be like other countries. And must be during election he remove 10 naria. Who ever wrote dis dis tin get brain damage
America, Russia and Saudi are the biggest oil producing countries in the world. They produce more than 30% of total world oil output. Always use ur google.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

mature people don't use words like that. your parent must be proud of you. block head

They certainly are. Are yours still lucid enough, waterhead?

Oponu ode, omo irankiran grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Atmmachine(m): 5:16am On Jan 20, 2015
CityNG:

Sorry but I don't read gibberish.
What was that
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by rexzqcom(m): 5:17am On Jan 20, 2015
Is reasonable to compare oil prices in the USA to Nigeria oil at the pump, because most of Nigeria oil
Imports comes from USA refineries. Presumably, USA oil down stream marketers pay same price as
Nigeria importers to purchase same products from the refineries. Though, importers pay more for shipping overseas, and other fixed, and variable contingency costs.
Without federal subsidies, it would not be wrong to expect high per gallon prices in Nigeria than USA.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 20, 2015
CityNG:

They certainly are. Are yours still lucid enough, waterhead?

get in behind me useless brat
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Carltonblaze(m): 5:18am On Jan 20, 2015
Thank u soo much that's the reply the person that wrote this story needs
nwanna89:
Minimum wage in USA is not 18,000 naira per month

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

get in behind me useless brat

Why would I do that?

Pull up your lower lip over your head and swallow, trollop.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 20, 2015
Ipledge:
which state?

man, i know more about the us than you think. i refuse to relocate there because of low wage rate. the best thing about the state is the cheap stuffs.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:20am On Jan 20, 2015
CityNG:

Why would I do that?

Pull up your lower lip over your head and swallow, trollop.

its not my fault you weren't breast fed tody
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by winegate: 5:20am On Jan 20, 2015
OP, please kindly compare Nigeria's petrol pump price to OPEC members not US, and advise the President to do the needful.
Here in Kuwait fuel is cheaper than drinking water.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by light004: 5:21am On Jan 20, 2015
It's sad to read some people's comments on this touchy issue of reduction in feul price. Obviously, they never gave sufficient thought to d issue at hand nor bother to find out in details d pros and cons. It's indeed so sad n disheartening to watch how ignorance is ravaging the Nigeria's landscape. Everyone wants to be relevant and show present not minding the effect of their thoughtless post on the ignorant ones who like them lack understanding on d issue.
Noone bothered to ask, what is the landing cost and other incidental expenses in arriving at the new price? Shame!
It's very easy to destroying when you have never built.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

its not my fault you weren't breast fed tody

Oops you just mispelt, yep a failed abortion grin
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Atmmachine(m): 5:21am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

mature people don't use words like that. your parent must be proud of you. block head
Don't trade words with a female.. Just ignore her.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Motolank: 5:22am On Jan 20, 2015
raumdeuter:
[img]http://media.nbcdfw.com/images/652*367/gas18.JPG[/img]
Thanks dear, let him keep bosting of what he do not know...olodo osi
Althrough last year gas was almost $4 and now it is less than $2....he just came up with rubbish... He wants gej_mumu to continue at all cost...when he dont have geniue point

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by dvic(m): 5:23am On Jan 20, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Bros abeg which state sells at that rate 'cos I just bought at $2.4sth (mobil) in LA. I guess the OP lives down Westcoast, so he is right anyway. GEJ is trying but not good enough undecided
I just bought for $1.6sth ( chevron) houston Texas
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 20, 2015
nwanna89:
Minimum wage in USA is not 18,000 naira per month

The most intelligent answer
Not only that,we don't buy gasoline to run any generators

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:25am On Jan 20, 2015
Atmmachine:
Don't trade words with a female.. Just ignore her.

Oh look you have a friend grin

Misery, as they say, loves company grin

Two dumbbells.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 20, 2015
Babymama1:

The most intelligent answer
Not only that,we don't buy gasoline to run any generators

Well, some do but you'll have to travel far to meet them. Not every one resides in the city.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by 76Naira(m): 5:29am On Jan 20, 2015
Come live in Nigeria amidst the challenges faced by the everyday, regular Nigerian and quite comparing data spikes.
Fuel price at the pumps isn't the whole picture and you must put an ample amount of issues in context to make sense.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

man, i know more about the us than you think. i refuse to relocate there because of low wage rate. the best thing about the state is the cheap stuffs.
i don't want to prolong matter,but base on pay earnig you can't compare America gas price with Nigeria
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by AfricaMagic(m): 5:31am On Jan 20, 2015
Pls are there INEC officials in the house? I had issue getting through the crowd when voters registeration was on. Because of some tight schedules I couldn't register to vote. Is it still possible for me to be registered if I visit the nearest LGA office?

Pls I need urgent response. I'm seriously in need of that PVC. Thanks
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Atmmachine(m): 5:31am On Jan 20, 2015
There are 50 states in America & Alaska which is one of them is twice the size of Nigeria.
Nigeria dey try but some fools won't understand this.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by oloriadejoke(f): 5:32am On Jan 20, 2015
Story for the dogs...so few days to the presidential election he is giving out 10 naira abi? Please did he think we nigerians still dey suck bre*st ni?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Heavenonearth: 5:32am On Jan 20, 2015
undecided undecided undecided

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by temmytanny(m): 5:32am On Jan 20, 2015
bishopclin:
I saw various posts on the social media, criticising federal government's reduction of gasoline(PMS or Petrol) pump price from N97 to N87. More worrisome is the fact that some of our youths join the bandwagon in the criticism.

I wonder why we have some youths of our country who can not make use of their brains to ponder on issues that would further enrich the country. Present day youths are being tossed around by the older ones and sometimes, by illiterates. ‎

Drivers paid an average of $2.2021 a gallon for regular gasoline at U.S. pumps of recent in the US (do some ‎confirmation) 1US gallon = 3.7854ltrs‎ ‎$2.2021 = N398.58 (@ exchange rate of N181/$) Therefore, 1gallon = N398.58 ÷ ‎3.7854ltrs = N105.29/ltr in the US

Meanwhile, in Nigeria, after taking into consideration, landing costs and other expenses, it is N85/ltr for the same litre of gasoline yet people are ignorantly ranting on social media and elsewhere. Between Nigeria and the US, which is better? What has happened to some present day youths in my dear country, Nigeria‎? Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan has indeed shown that he has the interest of Nigerians at heart.‎

think before you write, there is road tax on the fuel charge in usa. minimum wage in usa is $7.25 meaning my one day pay is equal to your 15days pay(if you earn minimum wage).gas this time last year in dallas was $3.15/gallon but its $1.79 today. Even though we naija dont refine but atleast we should have the pump price below N70/litre.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by aoshi: 5:35am On Jan 20, 2015
bishopclin:
I saw various posts on the social media, criticising federal government's reduction of gasoline(PMS or Petrol) pump price from N97 to N87. More worrisome is the fact that some of our youths join the bandwagon in the criticism.

I wonder why we have some youths of our country who can not make use of their brains to ponder on issues that would further enrich the country. Present day youths are being tossed around by the older ones and sometimes, by illiterates. ‎

Drivers paid an average of $2.2021 a gallon for regular gasoline at U.S. pumps of recent in the US (do some ‎confirmation) 1US gallon = 3.7854ltrs‎ ‎$2.2021 = N398.58 (@ exchange rate of N181/$) Therefore, 1gallon = N398.58 ÷ ‎3.7854ltrs = N105.29/ltr in the US

Meanwhile, in Nigeria, after taking into consideration, landing costs and other expenses, it is N85/ltr for the same litre of gasoline yet people are ignorantly ranting on social media and elsewhere. Between Nigeria and the US, which is better? What has happened to some present day youths in my dear country, Nigeria‎? Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan has indeed shown that he has the interest of Nigerians at heart.‎

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by shevon: 5:35am On Jan 20, 2015
bishopclin:
I saw various posts on the social media, criticising federal government's reduction of or Petrol) pump price from N97 to N87. More worrisome is the fact that some of our youths join the bandwagon in the criticism.
surround r why we have some youths of our country who can not make use of their brains to ponder on issues that would further enrich the country. Present day youths are being tossed around by the older ones and sometimes, by illiterates. ‎

Young man stop being miopic. The issue of pump price being too high did not start with Jonathan's administration and I know it will stop someday when we have someone who is willing to use his interlectual acumen garnered from his PHD or from those who he chooses to surround himself with (for those who have no certificate).
You are of the opinion that the pump price in the USA is higher than that of Nigeria, while Nigeria is ranked 5th in Oil Producing and Exporting Countries (with the USA being our one time biggest CUSTOMER) where does the USA rank in OPEC? So you expect pump price to be at par or higher between a manufacturing/exporting county and its customer?
What is the PMS pump price in other OPEC states ranking below Nigeria?
If you are not being tossed arround by illitrates you would have been more on the side of 'lets start building up our refining capabilities with the aim of stopping importation to reduce pump price' instead of tactically campainging for a someone who used 6years to allow a field day for currupt minds to run his show and now need another 4 to consolidate it under the guise of tackling curruption.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by cycluse: 5:36am On Jan 20, 2015
We should not compare our self to USA because USA don't have crude oil,but here in Nigeria We have then,there fore We should have advantage as for price of fuel
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by aoshi: 5:36am On Jan 20, 2015
bishopclin:

Drivers paid an average of $2.2021 a gallon for regular gasoline at U.S. pumps of recent in the US (do some ‎confirmation) 1US gallon = 3.7854ltrs‎ ‎$2.2021 = N398.58 (@ exchange rate of N181/$) Therefore, 1gallon = N398.58 ÷ ‎3.7854ltrs = N105.29/ltr in the US

This your post is a classic example of the same thing you are stating ''ignorantly ranting om social media, present day youths being tossed around by the older ones''. If you are a youth of this country making these statements, then i'm sorry, there would be no bright future for her.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by lormarx: 5:37am On Jan 20, 2015
bishopclin:

what is the landing cost in the US and how much does a gallon / litter, Go for in other oil producing nations?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 20, 2015
cycluse:
We should not compare our self to USA because USA don't have crude oil,but here in Nigeria We have then,there fore We should have advantage as for price of fuel

This is about the most ignorant statement of all
Texas alone should have 10 times more crude oil in their reserves than the whole of Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce Reacts To Allegation Of Flying 1st Class / Kwankwaso: "I Will Storm Kano With 7 Camera Drones, Police Can’t Stop Me" / Buhari, Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Governors, At Tinubu's Colloquium .PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.