Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Lets Talk Organic Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Lets Talk Organic Farming (4248 Views)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / Organic Farming Can Make You Rich! / Organic Farming Brings Wealth To Youth Group. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk Organic Farming by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 20, 2015
I have observed some farmers(both animal and plant) on the internet especially in developed countries assert that they are organic farmers. I see this as a marketing strategy cos of the way they display the advert. What exactly is organic farming? what are the practices? what are the challenges? Can an organic farmer compete with a non organic in the market?

I know one organic farming practise for crops- Using animal manure as fertilizer. Experienced farmers, can u compare the output from both?

Please lets contribute.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Pavore9: 8:51am On Jan 20, 2015
Organic farming is a topic am addicted to! Organic farming pays more as na ajebutters be your customers. l work with some Rev. Sisters who run organic strawberry farms using waste water from fish ponds & rabbit urine. Europeans are their customers.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Pavore9: 9:09am On Jan 20, 2015
lt is very lucrative where the farmer has grounded knowledge. l have visited a greenhouse organic farm measuring 24ft by 90ft exclusively for cabbage and lettuce, the owner is on contract with three italian owned resorts here in Kenya, big pay!
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by boluwajokosegun: 9:32am On Jan 20, 2015
There is organic farm in university of ibadan , there is also organic vegetable market thet open once a week in ibadan, the demand is huge , there is a doctor in UI the raise organic chicken & he said he cannot meet the demand though you have to spend more money but you will mand very good profit. Thee cold be limitation to expansion due to ......
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by boluwajokosegun: 9:34am On Jan 20, 2015
There is association of organic farmers in nigeria coordinated from UI, i have attended one of their training before.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by jasper7(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2015
I am almost completely an organic farmer. I preach and teach organic farming. to be honest, it's more profitable especially in small scale farming like what we practice in Nigeria. but in Nigeria organic farming is not that profitable, because people don't know the difference and they don't care either (except ajebutters).
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by lekan008(m): 10:08am On Jan 20, 2015
Wow, I'm so happy to come across this topic. I'm an advocate of Organic Agriculture and I've been studying and advocating for organic farming. I'm a member of Nigerian Organic Agriculture Network in which I represent LAUTECH Students. Organic framing is the best solution to the environmental problem we are facing. You can contact me for more information about organic farming

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Funmfunm: 5:44am On Jan 21, 2015
I have visited the Songhai Farms in Porto Novo and I'm highly impressed with what they are doing in propagating organic farming. The market women I chatted with say the locals are now clamouring for organic produce. I believe with cancer ravaging our population, the awareness will deepen. Please give more information on the Organic Farmers association(s) / Network. I will like to learn more and join. Thanks.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by okych16(m): 7:08am On Jan 21, 2015
[quote
author=lekan008 post=29957449] Wow, I'm so happy to come across this
topic. I'm an advocate of Organic Agriculture and I've been studying and
advocating for organic farming. I'm a member of Nigerian Organic
Agriculture Network in which I represent LAUTECH Students. Organic
framing is the best solution to the environmental problem we are facing.
You can contact me for more information about organic farming [/quote] please give us your number sir

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 21, 2015
okych16:
please give us your number sir

please pass any info u want to pass here for others to learn.
when do u have meeting?
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Pavore9: 7:48am On Jan 21, 2015
mercylicious:

when do u have meeting?
Yes he should share it here as many are following and it would go a long way in educating many.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by boluwajokosegun: 10:02am On Jan 21, 2015
For anything organic in nigeria call proffessor Jire adeoye on 08023422759, pls no flshing. He has many doctors under him . So for training & registration do speak with him
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Funmfunm: 1:43am On Jan 23, 2015
Thank you very much for the information on Dr Adeoye, it's helpful and will follow up with him.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by lekan008(m): 7:19am On Jan 23, 2015
mercylicious:

when do u have meeting?
I'm very sorry for late response. We do have meetings at least every 4 month and do have annual conference towards the end of the year. For more info on organic farming in Nigeria
Here's the official NOAN website. www.noannigeria.net
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by lekan008(m): 7:21am On Jan 23, 2015
mercylicious:

when do u have meeting?
All information you would need is on the website.
www.noannigeria.net

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by aiyekootorian: 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
Do you know processed pure organic fertilizers are now in Nigeria. Yes it is here for real. contact this no for details. 08121351951.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by shinaboy: 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
mercylicious:
I have observed some farmers(both animal and plant) on the internet especially in developed countries assert that they are organic farmers. I see this as a marketing strategy cos of the way they display the advert. What exactly is organic farming? what are the practices? what are the challenges? Can an organic farmer compete with a non organic in the market?
I know one organic farming practise for crops- Using animal manure as fertilizer. Experienced farmers, can u compare the output from both?
Please lets contribute.

Hello Madam Mercy, Please I would like to ask questions about this plantain farming. I sent you a mail request already. Thank you
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by shinaboy: 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
mercylicious:

Please lets contribute.

Hi Madam Mercy, Please I am still awaiting your response. Thank you.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by dotmoth4life: 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
learn more about organic farming at www.myagricworld.com   . free diabetics treatment..

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
shinaboy:

Hi Madam Mercy, Please I am still awaiting your response. Thank you.

so sorry shina. ive been so busy lately. Like i said b4 on this section. i am 4 months old into agric so i maynt be able to give u all d practical answers u need. Am currently running some test farms and will go massive if the output is right.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by nmadumelu: 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
please who has any idea where an aquaponics system build up is situated in nigeria.lagos precisely.got a lead on one set up in v.i but not certain on d address.pls any1 with vital information can do well to pass it on.God bless richly...08039273884 u can also reach me on that.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Joseph1988(m): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
grin Are there professional training on organic farming?
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Rexyl(m): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
Joseph1988:
grin Are there professional training on organic farming?

organic agriculture has been practised from the time immemorial, and is the best practice to live healthy life and make the environment comfortable for all living things

For the idea checkout
w w w . samrotix..com.ng/2016/03/organic-agriculture.html?m=1
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by organicfoods(m): 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
Organic farming is really broad, it's the best way to give back to nature. Conventional farming techniques destroys the soil biodiversity and obviously has a lot of attendance issues that bothers generally on well being of consumers.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Davozy: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2016
Hi please how can I become a member of NOAN as an individual. Am based in Lagos and interested in organic farming. Honestly am planning towards it it's not like I have the farm or capital yet. Will like to know more. Thanks
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by wwhale(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2017
Biopower plus organic seaweed fertilizer and HY micro spray.call now or watsap me on 08062265532,09083959580

Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by wwhale(m): 8:37am On May 15, 2017
A litre of Biopower plus is equvalent to six bags of NPK fertilizer,it serve as pesticides,same product for livestock as well.go organic and join d team of succesful farmers.
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by wwhale(m): 8:39am On May 15, 2017
we understand the stress farmers goes through during application of organic liquid fertilizer using knapsack sprayer,its now easy with HY micro spray,no matter how big your farm is within 15 minute u are done with d application,it saves time and reduce man power,what u only need is source of water,it comes with fertilizer injector and is very cheap
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by wwhale(m): 8:45am On May 15, 2017
we understand d stress farmers goes through in d application of liquid organic fertilizer with knapsack sprayer,its now easy with HY micro spray.It reduce man power,its not stressful,no matter how big your farm is,within 15 minute u are through,it comes with fertilizer injector,and most important controls weeds.call wale now on 08062265532
Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by akoredetoa: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
FOR YOUR ORGANIC PESTICIDE.

NIMTRIDS NEEM OIL IS AVAILABLE.

Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Biotics: 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2017
The Organic Booster and Deodourizer (OBD) made from Lactic Acid Bacteria is a wholesome product and the most commonly used Probiotic agent that improves growth performance, feed conversion efficiency, nutrient utilization, intestinal microbiota, gut health and regulates immune system in animals especially, Chickens, Turkeys ,Cattle, Horses, Pigs, Sheep, Goats, Dogs, Rabbit, Fishes, etc.

OBD is the Easy Solution to Odourless Farming. It also gives Optimum Production for your Broilers, Turkey, Poultry Birds generally, Pigs, Livestock, Rabbits, Dogs, Horse,, It also Boost Broilers Development and improves Immunity in Poultry Birds, Fish and Animals generally. It is the Solution for Fish Ponds dirty/foul water removal, healthy and rapid Fish Growth.

Your animals will not also fall sick on E-Coli and Salmonella which means less spending on drugs because it improves their immune system.

Therefore TAKE the ADVANTAGE of this wonderful Product and Start FARMING ANYWHERE without disturbing your Neighbours or NEIGHBOURHOOD.

OBD is the Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry, Piggery and Fish Farming, Also an effective FOUL ODOUR REMOVAL for Farms, Households, Sewage, Dust Bins, etc.

BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES is a SUPERFOOD and has strong NUTRITIONAL VALUE with many HEALTH BENEFITS.

Molasses is high in iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium, all of which are important to man and animal's health.

The OBD is =N=1,000 per Litre and the Blackstrap Molasses is =N=1,500 per Litre.

Kindly call or Whatsapp 09096429203 to place your order.

Thanking you for your Patronage.

Re: Lets Talk Organic Farming by Newway2(m): 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
akoredetoa:
FOR YOUR ORGANIC PESTICIDE.
NIMTRIDS NEEM OIL IS AVAILABLE.

How do u sell?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fairly Used Fish Plastic Tank Forsale / You Can Earn 700,000 Naira From Cassava Farming Within A Year / Black Soldier Fly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.