Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? (883 Views)

Police Arraign Whistle-Blower Over False Information On Ekweremadu's House / Police Arraigns Sterling Bank Whistle-Blower & A Blogger / Whistle Blower Exposes Hijacked Foodstuffs Meant For Refugees In Bauchi. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by egift(m): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2015
#GMB100DaysPledge: Work with the National Assembly to strengthen ICPC and EFCC by guaranteeing institutional autonomy. Work with the National Assembly towards the immediate enactment of a Whistle Blower Act

Description:
This law is aimed to protect individuals who provide information regarding looted funds and other forms of corrupt practices. The proposal once passed into law will encourage Nigerians in reporting any known act of corruption they may be preview of or have liable information.

For example, if Mr. A, B, C and D stole and squandered 10billoon Naira - then the question will be who among them will be the first to get to the Police station, report the case and provide liable evidence against the other 3 individuals involved - in order to get a reduced sentence, freedom or even incentives.

What do you think of such law? Will Nigeria recover looted funds and can it work?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by klodike(m): 10:30am On Jan 20, 2015
Good.
Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by egift(m): 10:37am On Jan 20, 2015
klodike:
This would only create a state of paranoia amongst citizens. Infact it would go a long way in hindering projects from being carried out.

What do mean by "hindering projects"? We are talking about already looted funds. Some of which are not public knowledge.
Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by klodike(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2015
I am sorry sir, just read the description. grin
egift:

What do mean by "hindering projects"? We are talking about already looted funds. Some of which are not public knowledge.
Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by egift(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2015
klodike:
I am sorry sir, just read the description. grin

Such law will help expose all hidden cases of looted funds. I will understand if all you want is that those thieves keep all the loots they amazed and siphoned to offshore accounts through proxies and fronts.
Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by klodike(m): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2015
Not really, i am entirely in support of such a law.
egift:

Such law will help expose all hidden cases of looted funds. I will understand if all you want is that those thieves keep all the loots they amazed and siphoned to offshore accounts through proxies and fronts.
Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by egift(m): 11:23am On Jan 20, 2015
klodike:
Not really, i am entirely in support of such a law.

Chairman, together Nigerians can defeat the Nigerian Challenges. All we need are leaders understanding the task before them and be willing to do what is right without drowning themselves in greed and evil.

Sai Buhari 2015.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by micolaj: 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
I support the whistle blowing act. It would give utmost lucidity and provide evidential facts in probing and unravelling mysteries behind corrupt cases and money laundering. The compensating and payout factor would also entice the public in reporting and letting out vital information. USA has also adopted it.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
This act is long overdue if we really want to fight corruption.

People must be encouraged to report crime and be protected afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
It will allow individuals to provide info to anti corruption agencies with out fear
Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by Change2015(m): 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
GMB is on the right track. The ramifications are huge. Even your secretary or business centre typist can pass on information they come across, and in the USA, they are entitled to a percentage as incentive. Civil Servants will now demand ministers issue written instructions to protect themselves from liability. Even private business will need to be very careful because a stranger may be able to profit by reporting your corrupt practices. I am really encouraged. A sane government is coming...

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by LouisVanGaal(m): 12:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
I thought de said GMB had no blueprint to fight corruption..gringrin
Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by egift(m): 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
I thought de said GMB had no blueprint to fight corruption..gringrin

Don't mind those that are interested only on distraction. Buhari has an elaborate manifesto on his plans. More @ http://thisisbuhari.com/
Re: What Is Your Take On The Proposed - Whistle Blower Act? by egift(m): 11:37am On Apr 03, 2015
As reality sets in, can we revisit this.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Calls For Arrest & Prosecution Of People Involved In Election Violence / PHOTOS: Uduaghan Led PDP Campaign Train On Courtesy Call To Olu Of Warri / Protesters Storm INEC Office, Demand Election Postponement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.