Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) (31772 Views)

Buhari Defeated The Maitatsine Islamic Sect - New York Times 1984 Article / Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) / "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by delegiwa(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
PassingShot:
Though your claim is doubtful but:

[size=15pt]What is the punishment for failed coup plot?

It is death anywhere in the world[/size].

So OP and his co-travelers, cry us a river as you like.

So also is mutiny but a lot of you cried foul when soldiers who either ran away from their duty posts or mutineed were being tried. What is good for the geese...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by akulaxx: 1:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
Buhari was the CPC Presidential candidate in the 16 April 2011 general election, running against incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), and Ibrahim Shekarau of ANPP. They were the major contenders among 20 contestants.[38] He was running on an anti-corruption platform and pledged to remove immunity protections from government officials. He also gave support to enforcement of Sharia law in Nigeria's northern states, which had previously caused him political difficulties among Christian voters in the country's south,

Christian Supporters beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by nagoma(m): 1:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
Coup plotting is a gamble every soldier knows about. You fail , you are dead. ask all the generals , serving and retired.

If you plan to change government by force , there are severe consequences. Don't try it (my advice).
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by nagoma(m): 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
akulaxx:
Buhari was the CPC Presidential candidate in the 16 April 2011 general election, running against incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), and Ibrahim Shekarau of ANPP. They were the major contenders among 20 contestants.[38] He was running on an anti-corruption platform and pledged to remove immunity protections from government officials. He also gave support to enforcement of Sharia law in Nigeria's northern states, which had previously caused him political difficulties among Christian voters in the country's south,

Christian Supporters beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a shameless liar.where and when did he "give support to enforcement of sharia"?
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by agabaI23(m): 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
homerac7:
@OP

Oga, abeg na which coup plot be that? Mention the major actors of the coup. I'm a Nigerian and find it uncomfortable that a foreign newspaper is telling me a bout a major coup plot in recent time that I never read about in recent history of the country. So Can you please educate us more on this phantom coup that occurred under GMB reign...I want to learn please. By the way, what date was GMB overthrown from power again?
There was no press freedom. How would you have known? He clamped down on the press. If it was now, it would be like China etc

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
And you shall know the truth
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by nelsonoba: 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
nnafather:
You cannot fight corruption when your political sponsors are the most corrupt individuals on earth...you cannot fight corruption when you get endorsed by those you intend to jail...you cannot fight corruption when you didn't even go to school to know the meaning of corruption. Who are you deceiving?

1000000000000 Likes!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by 989900: 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
Coup = Treason=Life to Death penalty.

Succeed = You get the crown.

So kids, it's either kill or be killed. And as always, find out the punishment before you do the crime.

--'Tales by moonlight'.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by ikotec: 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
THATS THE SIMPLE RULE OF THE MILITARY GAME. IF YOU NT READY FOR IT DONT PLOT A COUP. BUHARI ALL THE WAY. IF YOU NT READY FOR KIRIKIRI DNT BE LIKE JONA. i hv a test that non hv passed. TRY SPEAKING GOOD ON jona WITHOUT LIEING OR SOUNDING ILLOGICAL. RENTED NLANDERS GIVE THIS A TRY
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Collynzo9: 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
989900:
Coup = Treason=Life to Death penalty.

Succeed = You get the crown.

So kids, it's either kill or be killed. And as always, find out the punishment before you do the crime.

--'Tales by moonlight'.
So Buhari is a criminal?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Collynzo9: 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
agabaI23:
There was no press freedom. How would you have known? He clamped down on the press. If it was now, it would be like China etc
China is too good, north Korea.
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by wizman11(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
who will catch some one planning coup against him and let him go
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by dre11(m): 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
barcanista:
Some people attempted to Assassinate the Head of State and his entire cabinet members, they were overpowered and gunned down. So what is the news here? Why not plot a coup against Jonathan and attempt to assassinate him? Do you guys understand the gravity of the offence? Should they had been given slaps on the wrist?

The more you guys keep arguing with this Taniods the more the keep feeling relevant

Someone ploted a coup to take u and ur cabinets down and u over ran them and sentence them to death........ Is that an offence

But, the commandant of the army sent some guys to the battle ground without the necessary fire power, wanting them to be slain like chicken and they resisted and wanted better funding to equip them for the fight and someone say they should just kill them.

Aren't this the same army that keeps getting accolade when on foreign mission, arent this army that was labeled best in arfican on ground battles. So, what changed

Just because none of them has a brother, uncle and father there...... They would therefore spill those rubbish. Why was UN interested in their case, why was the out-cry much, because these reporters feel what they felt, they knew what was going on. Am never an advocate of mutiny but...... First in first let check ourselves if we didn't encourage it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by 989900: 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Collynzo9:

So Buhari is a criminal?

Technically, yes {for ending a democracy (government by the people)}.

OTOH, in terms of plotting and succeeding, he is not (you are a criminal only when you fail...#1 rule of the game).

Which makes some like IBB not a criminal in this case, 'cause he succeeded albeit against a 'military government' (not government by the people).

And it makes some one like Dimka/Vasta/Orkar a criminal, 'cause they failed, even though it was against another 'military regime'.

P.S. #myopinion
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
aguiyi:
hahahahahahahah

another round of bursting for the cattle rarer grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

were is Barcanista and his cronies

Thinking up a repartee for this.. though Buhari's past gaffs have started unsettling theit thinking dynamics.. APC has somersaulted soo many times it is not healthy anymore
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by ngorluv: 2:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
I don't get the op's point...ppl planned a coup and it failed....will u call dem to your table,drink wine with them and give them hugs and kisses

Buhari was a military man then and that's the punishment for plotting a coup

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Tomoarika(m): 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
Leez:
We all know about the vatsa,orkar and the phantom coups under abacha but no one reported on this,sounds fishy to me.

U r on point! I just tire for these people, cooking up false stories to discredit another person.

40people allegedly executed and not a single mention of any names and all of a sudden the news breaks now.
Even during the Civil war when Ifeajuna, Banjo, Alale and Agbam were executed we all heard about it.

Some people think everyone here is uninformed on happenings in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Ngwakwe: 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Bloody illiterate.

[s]Political gatherings are usually always banned even in the best military regimes.[/s] Unless of course there's a going to be a handover to civilian rule.
You guys seriously need to educate yourselves on the differences between military rule and democracy. In fact I strongly suggest you go further into other systems of government so there are no mix up anywhere.

Wonders, they say will never cease to exist.

This type of reasoning is what compounds our labours in classes, no matter how simple we elaborate salient points, you won't just get to understand. I can bet you made lots of carryover that were settled in kind or/and cash.

Thank goodness, our labours are now on earth and thereafter in heaven.

Don't ever quote me again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by dBard: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
segnys007:
are you always this daft or you making a special attempt today?

I think I can see who the daft one is.....
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Timoleon(m): 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
NairalandOP:
And the punishment for a successful coup plot? A pat on the back? grin

SMH for your double standards.

you are unfortunately either bias or dumb. a successful coup simply means you now have monopoly of the means of coercion. who brings a military head under control of d law anywhere in the world? you only do that through a couo or he willing leaves as babangida or obj abdusalam did,
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by LastProphet: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
sCun:

Buhari apologists always tell us that Buhari wasn't involved in the 1983 coup, that lie has since been busted.
They tell us that Buhari wasn't desperate to hang on to power that was why IBB overthrew him easily, but this killing of 40 soldiers for plotting a coup proves that he was indeed desperate to retain power. His cluelessness was what made IBB overthrow him easily.

Pls give dates and name of officers, my colonel friend just told me there was never any lie greater than this since he joined the army, but am still going to keep an open mind so i will simply ask for officers names and ranks. We are waiting

1 Like

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by perculiarperson: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
bokohalal:
Only the New York Times and Observer of London have this news, abi?
Would be glad if Buhari wins and executes corrupt public officials.

You might just be one of those executed; as you might have been helped by one without you knowing he/she was corrupt.

Nigerians will all be dead including Buhari...

GEJ till 2019.
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by 989900: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fake coup grin
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Objektive: 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
WITHOUT FSLS AND WAEC THE HIGHEST RANK YOU CAN GET IN THE NIGERIAN ARMY IS WARRANT OFFICER II. THE FACT THAT BUHARI IS A GENERAL SHOWS HOW CORRUPTION WORKS IN NIGERIA.

AFTER BENEFITING FROM YEARS OF BRIBERY & CORRUPTION FROM BIRTH TILL DATE. YOU COME OUT AND PREACH AGAINST CORRUPTION?

STORY FOR THE GODS FAILBUHARI IS YOUR FINAL BUS STOP

valdes00:
So?..... Wetin he cum teach us nw... If dem lik mak dem say him kill 150 soldiers ... Cum FEBUARI 14....
SAI BUHARI noni

1 Like

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by BokoHaramm: 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fash20:
Coup de tat is a do or die affair. When you succeed good for you when you are caught the penalty is always death.
the penalty for desertion in the army is death and also the penalty for lying under oath is jail term
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
Objektive:
WITHOUT FSLS AND WAEC THE HIGHEST RANK YOU CAN GET IN THE NIGERIAN ARMY IS WARRANT OFFICER II. THE FACT THAT BUHARI IS A GENERAL SHOWS HOW CORRUPTION WORKS IN NIGERIA.

AFTER BENEFITING FROM YEARS OF BRIBERY & CORRUPTION FROM BIRTH TILL DATE. YOU COME OUT AND PREACH AGAINST CORRUPTION?

STORY FOR THE GODS FAILBUHARI IS YOUR FINAL BUS STOP

Bros, this is Nigeria!!!!!
In a country where a child who scored 69% is denied admission, while the one that scored 1% is offered the same admission anything can happen!

This is what we have been talking about Nigeria!
It is a big fraud.
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by sCun: 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
LastProphet:

Pls give dates and name of officers, my colonel friend just told me there was never any lie greater than this since he joined the army, but am still going to keep an open mind so i will simply ask for officers names and ranks. We are waiting
There was no press freedom then, neither was there freedom of information.
No one would paste those names for you.
Was your so called colonel in the army then?
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by ollyruffy: 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
We need him now more than before to help execute all the corrupt men and women in Nigerian government.
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by LastProphet: 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
sCun:

There was no press freedom then, neither was there freedom of information.
No one would paste those names for you.
Was your so called colonel in the army then?

Liar! Are they not from families? Are they aliens? U should be ashamed of yourself!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) / Sunday Asefon: NANS President Is On His Own, June 12 Protest Holds - Students / Charles Soludo & His Wife, Nonye, Celebrate 29th Marriage Anniversary (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.