Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice (1743 Views)

Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Meet The Unique Identical Twins Who Both Graduated With First Class.. Photos / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Avalani(m): 11:42am On Jan 20, 2015
Hello house,

I just graduated from one of the federal universities in the south west. I was shocked when I checked my result and discovered it was a 3rd class. Second class lower was the worst case scenario I was expecting so I'm confused right now.

Guys, what do you think my best next step is? Do I start all over and go for another undergraduate course? I'll be 25 in June. Or do I go for a pgd programme, then masters?

Please post what you think my best option should be.
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by chidekings(m): 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
move on niggar.

Its either u go for interviews or u look for money and start something on ur own.

Life is too short to waste it all on the four walls of a university.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by campusconnect: 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
as a student counselor i meet with this kind of cases almost every time and what i do tell my students is that the fact that you graduated with a third class should not be use to define the level of your existence. you are not inferior to the other guy with 1st class, just don't hold yourself back in achieving your dreams, go for it.
hard truth you may have had a 3rd class in school but make up your mind you wouldn't make a 3rd class in life because you may never have a second chance to write the wrong.
so go back to school if you wish to or just move on confidently. cheesy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campus Connections is a recruitment agency for students wishing to study abroad linking them with opportunities across the world.
Our educational services include

* Application processing into institution in UK, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, EUROPE, ASIA and DUBAI

* Visa Counseling and Guidance etc

for enquiries
www.campusconnections-edu.com
email:lagos@campusconnections-edu.com
george.campusconnections@yahoo.com

tel: 08186775365

Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Avalani(m): 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
Thanks for your advice
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Avalani(m): 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
I will be grateful if more people can offer their advice
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by babslamin: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
Avalani:
Hello house,

I just graduated from one of the federal universities in the south west. I was shocked when I checked my result and discovered it was a 3rd class. Second class lower was the worst case scenario I was expecting so I'm confused right now.

Guys, what do you think my best next step is? Do I start all over and go for another undergraduate course? I'll be 25 in June. Or do I go for a pgd programme, then masters?

Please post what you think my best option should be.

Just go for Pgd, then Msc. Just move on with life, be confident with what destiny might offer.
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Avalani(m): 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
babslamin:

Just go for Pgd, then Msc. Just move on with life, be confident with what destiny might offer.

Thanks, I'm seriously considering that. The problem is, most schools I've checked requires NYSC cert for pgd application. Besides open university, is there any other school that runs pgd without NYSC cert? I don't want to wait 18 months before beginning, if I go with that option
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mod front page
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by stanogb(m): 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
Its very simple...
Option A - Go for NYSC, do your PGD, and move on. In federal civil service PGD is viewed like masters. So you even have edge over those wit Bsc 2.1

Option B - Start your PGD and even finish it. But you wont go for screening until you do your NYSC.

Option C - Open a shop and be selling HCl, KMNO4, and other chemicals for survival.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by modskiller(m): 12:43am On Jan 21, 2015
@OP sit and think the answer is simple, search within yourself. PM me please.
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 21, 2015
As much as I'm not a proponent of entrepreneurship, it's seemingly the best option here. My advise is try source for a little more funds with what you have for your PGD and try start up a profitable business. You could do both business & PGD if you have enough funds even.

Your BSc Certificate could come haunting in the future even with a Masters. Check out recent requirements of most recruiting firms, you would understand better. Who would have thought having a good WAEC result would be neccessaary in landing a good job offer back in the yore?

I wish you the best in whatever it is you resolve to do however. God help us!
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Avalani(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
stanogb:
Its very simple...
Option A - Go for NYSC, do your PGD, and move on. In federal civil service PGD is viewed like masters. So you even have edge over those wit Bsc 2.1

Option B - Start your PGD and even finish it. But you wont go for screening until you do your NYSC.

Option C - Open a shop and be selling HCl, KMNO4, and other chemicals for survival.

Thanks.

Thanks but can you please explain option b further. How possible is it to delay your screening during a pgd programme? I have no experience whatsoever on how a pgd programme runs.
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good afternoon Avalani i checked your profile i could not see any of your contact be it a phone number i would want to talk to you one-on-one.
Do me the honour of dropping your phone number.
I want you to know that it is not what happen to you that matter but how you response to what happen that matter do not bow your head in shame at least you graduated you did not drop out of school you finished its something to be happy for.
Do not go and do PGD because you want to prove anything to anybody rather do it for your self if you end up proving to others you might end up displacing yourself. There is a whole lot inside you that the world is waiting to see.
From a concerned person. Please do drop your number.
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by modskiller(m): 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
coolbibz:
As much as I'm not a proponent of entrepreneurship, it's seemingly the best option here. My advise is try source for a little more funds with what you have for your PGD and try start up a profitable business. You could do both business & PGD if you have enough funds even.

Your BSc Certificate could come haunting in the future even with a Masters. Check out recent requirements of most recruiting firms, you would understand better. Who would have thought having a good WAEC result would be neccessaary in landing a good job offer back in the yore?

I wish you the best in whatever it is you resolve to do however. God help us!
do you mean he should retake his Bsc?
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Ajiswaggs(m): 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
Am coming
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by Wisepac: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
bro go for PGD , then master . but you need to be very serious and have determination.
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by tosomaju(m): 4:41am On Jan 22, 2015
When first class and 2nd class the righteous hardly get job are scarcely save, what can 3rd class the unrighteous do?
this is not to discourage you.....cos you are not a failure, the decision you take next determine a whole lot of things.... see a counselor..... bringing it to a public forum is not all that a good idea....most times, the right decision is in you....look inward.
don't bother to thank me later, it's my pleasure
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by kaima29: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2017
campusconnect:
as a student counselor i meet with this kind of cases almost every time and what i do tell my students is that the fact that you graduated with a third class should not be use to define the level of your existence. you are not inferior to the other guy with 1st class, just don't hold yourself back in achieving your dreams, go for it.
hard truth you may have had a 3rd class in school but make up your mind you wouldn't make a 3rd class in life because you may never have a second chance to write the wrong.
so go back to school if you wish to or just move on confidently. cheesy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campus Connections is a recruitment agency for students wishing to study abroad linking them with opportunities across the world.
Our educational services include

* Application processing into institution in UK, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, EUROPE, ASIA and DUBAI

* Visa Counseling and Guidance etc

for enquiries
www.campusconnections-edu.com
email:lagos@campusconnections-edu.com
george.campusconnections@yahoo.com

tel: 08186775365
Re: Graduated With 3rd Class In Chem Engr, Need Advice by kaima29: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2017
I graduated with 3rd class in microbiology.. I need advice on how to apply for my Post graduate in canada

(1) (Reply)

Should we see this as child abuse or mere punishment for disobedience? / 9 Signs You’re An Old Soul / PROJECT TOPICS FOR B.SC/M.SC, HND AND ND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.